*August 2024 Check-in Thread*

I agree with Joseph821, definitely get the park hoppers if it's not cost prohibitive. I treat DLR as one big park. We often bounce back and forth multiple times a day. The scale/size is small compared to WDW, so they are much more functional.

Fireworks and nighttime entertainment should be every night in the summer, if future patterns hold.

You will absolutely love VDH by the way! We stayed there in January and really enjoyed our stay. DLH in general is great, but I loved the look of the rooms in VDH (the colors are amazing and made me feel energized). We had a one bedroom and really appreciated being able to make breakfast every morning!

Don't forget to check out Trader Sam's and the new Palm Breeze bar. We also really like getting drinks (or dole whips) at the walkup counter next to Tangaroa and sitting by the outdoor fireplace. Some people say there is no bubble at DLR, but we always feel it when staying at DLH or GCH. There is no need to ever leave property!
Thanks, we are super excited to try out VDH! We are in a 1 bedroom also and planning on breakfasts in the room so we can hopefully maximize our early morning entries and get a lot accomplished in the mornings. We have no plans to leave the bubble at all on this trip; we already decided we'll do another trip in the future to see California, but this is all about Disneyland!

There's a good chance they will show Mickey's Mix Magic in August, post Pixar Fest and pre-Halloween. That's not a guarantee, but it's what they've been doing recently during the "in between" times. As others have noted, it's likely fireworks are still nightly during August. It is possible they move fireworks to Fri-Sun only once Pixar Fest ends. They typically still do the projections every night even if there are no fireworks. Even so, World of Color will show nightly all of August (except for OBB nights) unless it's down for refurb.
Thanks; I was a bit worried they'd pause fireworks entirely during the switchover - although truthfully I was hoping for a chance to see Wondrous Journeys (wish that was their "in-between" show)! World of Color is a must do for us for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter