• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August Exercise Challenge: "Every Day is a Good Day for Disney - AND for Exercise"

Wow! Great day yesterday with lots of minutes!!

(65 to add for myself - mostly a long walk with DH - for 475/620.)

:rainbow: We have a whole bunch of color changes:

PSUTraveler, galaxygirl76, glss1/2fll, and PollyannaMom to :Pinkbouncpink,

scdak to :car: red, and

SarahDisney and chbc to goal green!!!!!

Mickey Trophy Icon.png Mickey Trophy Icon.png Go team!!

Ugh! So I hurt my calf/foot worse than I thought :crutches:
...Hopefully I'll be up and running for September!

So sorry to hear about the injury. Hope it feels better soon!

Enjoy a "Wacky Wednesday" everyone!

Wish I had something to add! I failed last night. I want to get to goal so bad but I'm not gonna beat myself up if I don't.

Great job to everyone else!!!

I don't make it every month either, and I totally agree with not beating yourself up over it! You've probably still been doing way more than you would have without signing up!

Wish I had something to add! I failed last night. I want to get to goal so bad but I'm not gonna beat myself up if I don't.

Focus on how many awesome minutes of exercise you've achieved :) I almost never make goal, either...but it's fun to see everyone's progress and great to get the support/encouragement :cheer2:

Ugh! So I hurt my calf/foot worse than I thought :crutches:
Like any true runner, I tried to ignore it and pretend I wasn't hurt. After resting it, it's worse. I have succombed to the fact that I need to see a doctor :guilty:

So sorry about the injury. :flower3: Kudos to you for resting and going to the doctor right away instead of limping around for a few weeks like most of us usually do. :upsidedow

It sure is! I love the cooler weather but now it's ALWAYS dark when I run.

Running at night all the time is tough -- the miles seem longer. :flower3:

10 minutes walking yesterday and 39 minutes run/walk this morning brings me to 1035/1000

It's definitely hard to meet goal some months, but you've done a great job so far and should be proud of that! You're almost at 75% of goal - getting that close is really impressive!

21 minutes for me today ... does kickboxing count as wacky? (I probably look wacky while I'm doing it...)

1096/1050

... does kickboxing count as wacky? (I probably look wacky while I'm doing it...)

Sure! Anything out of the norm.

For my own "wacky" today, I attempted to jump rope - which I loved as a child. I am seriously out of practice as an adult, however - as I missed on...eleven!

The bulk of my exercise, though, was walking around (and around, and around...) the mall after my eye appointment --- waiting until the drops wore off so I could drive home. (All is well - just updating my contacts.)

I'm estimating 45 minutes of real walking interspersed with occasional shopping (now, that probably looked wacky, squinting at the price tags...) so I'm at 520/620.

Good morning, and happy "Thrilling Thursday" to all!

Our trivia question today is:

Which is larger - the ball of Spaceship Earth or the tank of The Living Seas?

We only have one new color change today, but it's a big one:
Congratulations to lisah0711, on WISH Green and GOAL!!! :thumbsup2:bounce:::yes::
Mickey Trophy Icon.png

The average "minutes to next color change" stands at 83. With 5 days (including today) left to go, that's under 17 minutes/day, so I'm sure we'll see lots more team members reach one more color in the days ahead!

Meanwhile, since there are only 5 days left, has anyone thought about hosting for September? :flower3: :worship: :flower3: :worship: :flower3:

You can keep it as simple or as complicated as you want, and choosing the theme is a great chance to be creative!

x

Last edited:
I totally skipped my run day on Tuesday...it was a hectic day and my brain needed to not be doing anything...ANYTHING!
But I got back on the saddle this morning and ran after waking up after 5am...EEP! But I did it.
Add 30 min. to my total.
800/815...I'm gonna make it!!

My Wacky thing for yesterday...I ran back and forth from my kitchen to the living room to both cook dinner and make playdoh ponies with my daughter.

For the question today: I'll guess the Living Seas tank is bigger.

I'll volunteer for September. I'll try to get the thread up early this weekend. We're traveling so depends on Internet reception.

50 minutes yesterday
155 minutes so far today and may add more later.

1062/1200

Edit:

Added 35 minutes Pilates

1097/1200

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter