August/September Disneyers...let's get in shape for our trip!!

We will be there 8/22-9/1
I will be doing online check in on Saturday. I have finished all my paperwork at work for the time I will be away.:surfweb: Only 4 lbs away from my goal WDW weight.:banana: Guess I will be going for another 3 mile walk tonight. Yesterday got 2 in for a total of 6 miles. I am so tired today I could just fall over.

I am soooo happy we have decided to continue to support each other I need to lose 24 more lbs and I really need you guys to keep me on track. :grouphug:
You are soooo close! Great job! Oh ya, we will totally keep motivating each other until we're all at our ultimate goals (aka "forever weights")!
I totally lost track of this thread. But I have been making progress!! I am able to walk more without getting exhausted and I feel better and have more energy. I have both good and bad days with my breathing and heart issues, but I think I reached a turning point where the good are more then the bad. That is REAL progress in my book.

Congrats to everyone and keep it up!! We will be at WDW very soon.
I'm so glad you are making progress jana! Keep it up!

Hi Everyone!
Looks like everyone is really doing a great job!!!!! Your all inspiring:cool1:

I just broke 9lbs and will be traveling so I know that will be a bot of a challenge.

I'm hoping to be down 15lbs by our October WDW trip!!!
Good work! Keep at it! October will be here in no time!
Down 2.6 for a total of 12 pounds!!! See you on Sunday Mickey!!!!
Have a super fantastic time! And congrats on the 12 pounds! Enjoy your trip and all your delicious ADRs guilt-free and jump back on the wagon when you get back!!

Well, I guess I may be a late comer but I'll jump in anyway. I'm going in late September so I've still got some time.
I'm Wendy, I'm 5'1" and am 147 lbs as of this morning. I'd like to lose 30lbs, but for Disney I'd be very happy with 15.
The bad: I'm not motivated while I'm by myself (which is all day) and I love my Pepsi and chips. Also our weather this summer is rainy and cold every day so it's very hard to get motivated.
The good: I gave up Pepsi two days ago, there's none left in the house and I will not buy more. I also gave up chips two days ago, however there are some in the house. I'm hoping DH eats them!
My favourite types of exercise are walking the dogs, working in the stable, and my wii fit. I'm using the MyFitnessPal.com app to try to keep myeslf on track (teekathepony is my username and you can feel free to add me as a friend! I love the motivation.)

I've been up and down for about two years now so I'd like to kick the little bit of extra weight I have for good. Hoping some more encouragement will help :)
Welcome Wendy!!! I want to let everyone know that this girl (like all of you already on here) is AWESOME! We've been reading each other's PTRs and she has helped me sooo much with tips for our trip. Wendy...we're so proud of you that you have given up Pepsi and chips! Such a great step! Your Disney goal to be down 15 lbs by Sept 24th sounds good. Your ultimate goal to be down 30 seems like a lot. Thirty pounds would make you tiny (even at 5'1) and that may be a bit extreme. See how you feel at 132 after you lose the first 15, then have so much fun at Disney, then get back on track health-wise and see how much you still want to lose. We'll all still be here for a good long while and we're all about long-term healthy lifestyle changes!!

Speaking of slow progress (but I'm still happy), after my family reunion and birthday party set-backs I ate really well Tues-Thurs and am down 0.6 lbs from last Sunday. It just goes to show you that you can have some "cheat" days and still keep an overall downward trend!

Happy weekend everyone!!

Welcome Wendy!!! I want to let everyone know that this girl (like all of you already on here) is AWESOME! We've been reading each other's PTRs and she has helped me sooo much with tips for our trip. Wendy...we're so proud of you that you have given up Pepsi and chips! Such a great step! Your Disney goal to be down 15 lbs by Sept 24th sounds good. Your ultimate goal to be down 30 seems like a lot. Thirty pounds would make you tiny (even at 5'1) and that may be a bit extreme. See how you feel at 132 after you lose the first 15, then have so much fun at Disney, then get back on track health-wise and see how much you still want to lose. We'll all still be here for a good long while and we're all about long-term healthy lifestyle changes!!

Speaking of slow progress (but I'm still happy), after my family reunion and birthday party set-backs I ate really well Tues-Thurs and am down 0.6 lbs from last Sunday. It just goes to show you that you can have some "cheat" days and still keep an overall downward trend!

Happy weekend everyone!!

Thanks for the kind welcome!!
For most of my adult life (which, granted, hasn't yet been long!) I was very comfortable at 115lbs, and was told by my doctor that I was well within a healthy weight. I did a little research and apparently for me at my height and age to be considered 'underweight' I'd have to go down to 98lbs! :scared1: (Which I won't be doing!) It's just within the last 3 years that I saw the weight creeping on. I started this journey at 150 so I'm actually down 3 of my 15, so for Disney, 135 is my goal and ultimately 120 would be nice (but not necessary). I appreciate the concern though, I know 120 sounds awfully tiny but it's actually still a little heavier than my BMI wants me to be. I'd just be happy with a healthy lifestyle.

Happy to hear about your loss after some cheat days! :banana:

Thanks for the kind welcome!!
For most of my adult life (which, granted, hasn't yet been long!) I was very comfortable at 115lbs, and was told by my doctor that I was well within a healthy weight. I did a little research and apparently for me at my height and age to be considered 'underweight' I'd have to go down to 98lbs! :scared1: (Which I won't be doing!) It's just within the last 3 years that I saw the weight creeping on. I started this journey at 150 so I'm actually down 3 of my 15, so for Disney, 135 is my goal and ultimately 120 would be nice (but not necessary). I appreciate the concern though, I know 120 sounds awfully tiny but it's actually still a little heavier than my BMI wants me to be. I'd just be happy with a healthy lifestyle.

Happy to hear about your loss after some cheat days! :banana:

Totally makes sense! Very realistic goals then! We're here for you while you achieve them!!!:thumbsup2

Woohoo!!!! 1 week is awesome! How long are you staying? It's 13 days for us! Will we overlap at any of the parks?? So you don't have to go back, here's where we'll most likely be:
- 24th, evening at Kona Cafe then MK
- 25th MK
- 26th Epcot
- 27th ?
- 28th DHS
- 29th AK
- 30th ?
Okay, so when I joined this we were staying at the Poly from the 18th through 26th... now we have switched to the Dark Side (Universal-- Hard Rock Hotel)...still Orlando:rolleyes1 I was excited about Poly, but my DH felt he needed more relaxation out of this trip. He has been working EXTRA long hours this summer, so, I can deal with Universal (our older 2 love it!). Maybe that will force us to go to WDW next year for the little one!:idea::scratchin
It would have been awesome to meet up, Tara!

Okay, so when I joined this we were staying at the Poly from the 18th through 26th... now we have switched to the Dark Side (Universal-- Hard Rock Hotel)...still Orlando:rolleyes1 I was excited about Poly, but my DH felt he needed more relaxation out of this trip. He has been working EXTRA long hours this summer, so, I can deal with Universal (our older 2 love it!). Maybe that will force us to go to WDW next year for the little one!:idea::scratchin
It would have been awesome to meet up, Tara!

Let me know everything about Universal when you get back. Our kids are young for it I think (5 and 7) but maybe next trip we will spend at least some of our time in the Universal parks/hotels. (DD and I are still working on a 2013 December trip for her tenth birthday!)

Let me know everything about Universal when you get back. Our kids are young for it I think (5 and 7) but maybe next trip we will spend at least some of our time in the Universal parks/hotels. (DD and I are still working on a 2013 December trip for her tenth birthday!)

I will most definitely fill you in on any info you need! If you want you can pm me any questions too. We were there before when our kids were 10, 6, and 11 months. They had a great time!

Always thought of going to Universal for part of our trip. :thumbsup2 Just like WDW, the shorter the stay the more expensive it is per day. So to go for 1 or 2 days with a family of 4 would be close to the total as 10 days at Disney. My kids are 14 and 16 so I know they would love it. Maybe in 2013 for my DD graduation, but then again the fantasyland expansion will be complete then too!! decisions, decsions..:rolleyes:

This week will be spent cleaning the house and packing for WDW. We leave at 4 am on the 20th. Just want the weekend to come so our family time can begin.

Will post my last offical weight prior to Disney on Wednesday. I have read the 1 turkey leg has over 1000 calories :scared1:

My very wise DD told me to remember the Titanic.... So many people died in that tragedy and how many of those women chose to skip dessert that night. In disney I will eat what I want but not stuff myself. I also never drink alcohol... but in Disney I will have a cool lighted drink with my dinner at least twice:)

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in in a while, because to be honest, I didn't do much self motivating, and actually gained instead of lost weight! I ended up starting an Adkins type diet and have lost 16 of my 50 pound weight loss goal. I think going to the gym again really helped, as well as lurking and hearing about all of your successes too! My goal is to get to the gym 4 times this week. We have the added incentive of a trip to Hawaii in 4 weeks as well as an October Disney trip. Just wanted to chime in and congratulate everyone and tell you to keep up the good work :)

Always thought of going to Universal for part of our trip. :thumbsup2 Just like WDW, the shorter the stay the more expensive it is per day. So to go for 1 or 2 days with a family of 4 would be close to the total as 10 days at Disney. My kids are 14 and 16 so I know they would love it. Maybe in 2013 for my DD graduation, but then again the fantasyland expansion will be complete then too!! decisions, decsions..:rolleyes:

This week will be spent cleaning the house and packing for WDW. We leave at 4 am on the 20th. Just want the weekend to come so our family time can begin.

Will post my last offical weight prior to Disney on Wednesday. I have read the 1 turkey leg has over 1000 calories :scared1:

My very wise DD told me to remember the Titanic.... So many people died in that tragedy and how many of those women chose to skip dessert that night. In disney I will eat what I want but not stuff myself. I also never drink alcohol... but in Disney I will have a cool lighted drink with my dinner at least twice:)
Great plan for Disney! Enjoy food without stuffing yourself. That's what I'm going to do too!

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in in a while, because to be honest, I didn't do much self motivating, and actually gained instead of lost weight! I ended up starting an Adkins type diet and have lost 16 of my 50 pound weight loss goal. I think going to the gym again really helped, as well as lurking and hearing about all of your successes too! My goal is to get to the gym 4 times this week. We have the added incentive of a trip to Hawaii in 4 weeks as well as an October Disney trip. Just wanted to chime in and congratulate everyone and tell you to keep up the good work :)
Congrats on the 16 lbs and going to the gym! I bet you feel so much better! I'm so envious about Hawaii - can't wait to hear about it!

My trip can't get here fast enough, and it's killing me to see all of you get to go first!!! I am so stressed right now, I could just run away to Disney and never come back, lol. My mom gets stress from her job that she can't handle, so she comes home and projects it onto me, and I just don't care anymore. I know she has a stressful job, but seriously? Learn some coping skills. Find a way to de-stress when you get home. Tell everyone to go to Heck when they look at you like they do at work. It really makes me just want to do anything besides go on vacation with her for a week. But I can tell you one thing, I'll be going to the DisMeet in Midlothian VA in November by mySELF. And it will be so awesome, because we'll be raising crazy money for GKTW and it will be so worth it!

My trip can't get here fast enough, and it's killing me to see all of you get to go first!!! I am so stressed right now, I could just run away to Disney and never come back, lol. My mom gets stress from her job that she can't handle, so she comes home and projects it onto me, and I just don't care anymore. I know she has a stressful job, but seriously? Learn some coping skills. Find a way to de-stress when you get home. Tell everyone to go to Heck when they look at you like they do at work. It really makes me just want to do anything besides go on vacation with her for a week. But I can tell you one thing, I'll be going to the DisMeet in Midlothian VA in November by mySELF. And it will be so awesome, because we'll be raising crazy money for GKTW and it will be so worth it!

I hear ya!!! Mom's can be a lot of stress. I wish I could give you some brillant advice but at 41 yrs olds I still haven't figured it out and I don't live with mine anymore. Just stay strong:hug: besides our vacation will be over and you will still have something to look forward too :thumbsup2
I call my parenting style "anti-parenting" I take all those things that I did not like about my mom and make sure I am not like that with my kids, and vice versa when it comes to the things I did like.

Looks like I will be heading the WDW @ 164lbs... not my goal weight but still feel pretty good about losing 31lbs. should have worked out more and not had the pizza at the office party last week. oh well, I fit into the size 10 shorts now :woohoo:

Only 1 1/2 days of work left. I took a half day on Thursday and Friday off to finish packing and get the car ready for the trip since my DH has to work all day till about 10pm.

Yay! Get through tomorrow then the big SURPRISE at 4:30 am Thursday!!!:cool1:
Today, my son's dr. almost ruined it, but thank goodness I intercepted!!:banana: He has had swimmer's ear:headache: but we were given the ok for pools again:yay:!
So, while I am nowhere near my goal weight, I am down another pound as of today!!!! :thumbsup2 (Trying to use lots of smilies:lmao:)
I am so excited and hoping to pull this surprise off!
If I do not get a chance to log on tomorrow... Safe travels to all going while I will be away! and looking forward to coming back here when I return!:grouphug: (cheesy, I know!)

I am so stressed right now, I could just run away to Disney and never come back, lol.
Sometimes I feel like doing that too! I'm sorry your mom projects her stress on you. That's horrible!! Stay strong! I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy your Disney time together though because there won't be work stress there! And I'm sure you'll REALLY enjoy your solo vacation to Disney! Two trips...so lucky!

Looks like I will be heading the WDW @ 164lbs... not my goal weight but still feel pretty good about losing 31lbs. should have worked out more and not had the pizza at the office party last week. oh well, I fit into the size 10 shorts now :woohoo:

Only 1 1/2 days of work left. I took a half day on Thursday and Friday off to finish packing and get the car ready for the trip since my DH has to work all day till about 10pm.
You should be SOOOO proud that you lost 31 lbs. You are going to look and feel great walking around Disney in size 10 shorts! Awesome! So happy you're taking time off to pack so you can do it a leisurely pace and not be stressed! Good luck with all of the preparations! I can't believe trip time is here already!!

So, while I am nowhere near my goal weight, I am down another pound as of today!!!! :thumbsup2 (Trying to use lots of smilies:lmao:)
I am so excited and hoping to pull this surprise off!
If I do not get a chance to log on tomorrow... Safe travels to all going while I will be away! and looking forward to coming back here when I return!:grouphug: (cheesy, I know!)
Every pound counts! Good luck with the surprise! So exciting! Enjoy your trip!

I have 2 pieces of news:
1 - I am exactly 5 lbs away from my goal for Disney but I'm so happy to be going at 175 lbs (or less) ---- way better than the 189 lbs that I started this thread at!!

2 - I checked the long range forecast for Orlando and it is nothing but rain till the end of August...every single day!! That doesn't mean it's going to rain ALL day everyday, does it? In a way, I don't really mind because my husband is really heat/sun sensitive and we've got our ponchos so we'll go to the parks and have fun no matter what! I'm just afraid that if it rains CONSTANTLY it might put a bit of a damper :laughing: on the trip!

I have 2 pieces of news:
1 - I am exactly 5 lbs away from my goal for Disney but I'm so happy to be going at 175 lbs (or less) ---- way better than the 189 lbs that I started this thread at!!

2 - I checked the long range forecast for Orlando and it is nothing but rain till the end of August...every single day!! That doesn't mean it's going to rain ALL day everyday, does it? In a way, I don't really mind because my husband is really heat/sun sensitive and we've got our ponchos so we'll go to the parks and have fun no matter what! I'm just afraid that if it rains CONSTANTLY it might put a bit of a damper :laughing: on the trip!

YAY for your weight loss! That's quite impressive, congratulations!
Florida weather always says rain every day. I've been there three times in my memory and the forecast looked the same, but I only remember about 4 hours of rain total in all three trips. (Those trips being either mid-late September or early November).

Got on the scale this morning, happy to report that I was down 1.4lbs since yesterday! Finally seeing some results. That's a total of 4.2lbs for me, and 10.8 to go for my goal #1. I'm happy with that! :woohoo:

Every pound counts! Good luck with the surprise! So exciting! Enjoy your trip!
[2 - I checked the long range forecast for Orlando and it is nothing but rain till the end of August...every single day!! That doesn't mean it's going to rain ALL day everyday, does it? In a way, I don't really mind because my husband is really heat/sun sensitive and we've got our ponchos so we'll go to the parks and have fun no matter what! I'm just afraid that if it rains CONSTANTLY it might put a bit of a damper :laughing: on the trip!

I have been in WDW for the past 5 years in August. It ususally rain for about and hour each day.. Kinda nice though, it clears the parks of the major crowds.

5 pounds from goal is Awesome!!!!! Hope to see you next week..... Just think this time next week we will be in WDW :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I have been in WDW for the past 5 years in August. It ususally rain for about and hour each day.. Kinda nice though, it clears the parks of the major crowds.

5 pounds from goal is Awesome!!!!! Hope to see you next week..... Just think this time next week we will be in WDW :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Don't be so bragadocious, lol!! I'm so jealous you guys are going now...but I am only 32 days away myself, so I can't complain!

Tara, that is so awesome about your goal!! I'm 8lbs away myself, and hope to be within 3lbs by the time we leave- that gives me just over four weeks to lose five pounds...I got that in the bag!

Don't be so bragadocious, lol!! I'm so jealous you guys are going now...but I am only 32 days away myself, so I can't complain!

Tara, that is so awesome about your goal!! I'm 8lbs away myself, and hope to be within 3lbs by the time we leave- that gives me just over four weeks to lose five pounds...I got that in the bag!

:rotfl2: I like the word "bragadocious" :lmao:

It might make it better if I tell you this will be our last family vacation for a long time :sad1: and for sure the last with my parents who are 72 and 67 yrs old. Mom may drive me crazy, but WDW won't be the same in the future without a bit of crazy. Kids are growing up fast and will probably be in college or out of college before next trip. :sad2:

5lbs in 4 weeks..... you absolutely will do this :woohoo:

:wizard: Just got back tonight! We had an amazing time....I refuse to get on the scale until tomorrow. With all the great food we ate I'm sure I'm up more than a few pounds.
I can't believe our trip is over! :sad1:

:rotfl2: I like the word "bragadocious" :lmao:

It might make it better if I tell you this will be our last family vacation for a long time :sad1: and for sure the last with my parents who are 72 and 67 yrs old. Mom may drive me crazy, but WDW won't be the same in the future without a bit of crazy. Kids are growing up fast and will probably be in college or out of college before next trip. :sad2:

5lbs in 4 weeks..... you absolutely will do this :woohoo:
Kaiti, I also like your new word, bragadocious! Haha! And good luck reaching your WDW goal! You can do it!
Cathy, I really hope you have an amazing trip as it may be your last with your family as it is now. Enjoy every minute!

:wizard: Just got back tonight! We had an amazing time....I refuse to get on the scale until tomorrow. With all the great food we ate I'm sure I'm up more than a few pounds.
I can't believe our trip is over! :sad1:

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! If you do a TR, post a link here please!! Or, just tell us all the scrumptious details on this thread! Looking forward to it!

Today is the last day before we leave. I will be loading up the minivan today and taking the dog to the kennel. We will be leaving at 4 am tomorrow morning. The road trip is part of our fun.:banana: We plan on taking I-75 south and stopping in Cleveland TN, Saturday night and Lake City, FL on Sunday night. We should be in WDW by 9:30 am Monday :cool1::cool1:

Weigh in this morning was 163lbs. :thumbsup2

Thank you all again for sharing your lives and allowing me to vent :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter