I believe that AK already has an Asia section. They would still need to build a habitat, but I bet they could fit one in somewhere.

Yup... Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids are in Asia. I dont really know where they could fit in a big habitat in that area though... lots of space behind the rides but not much that would be easily accessible.

mdb07 said:
I believe that AK already has an Asia section. They would still need to build a habitat, but I bet they could fit one in somewhere.

The rumor is rafikis. An indoor exhibit in Asia also possible

the pandas at DC are HUGE draws. when that cub is old enough to show itself, tons of people will be out there. However, there's no admission charge for the National Zoo.

But they're very very expensive - you have to pay China a bunch of loot and even then you are only renting the pandas. It being a Disney park, they'd have to build an Asia to go with them.

I just heard the sad news about that panda cub. I was looking forward to visiting that baby :(.

Pandas would be awesome! I think a new land at DHS and pandas at AK would be good for now. Not thrilled on Cars Land, as I would like to see something new, but I bet if I actually went to Cars Land and saw how magnificent it is, I may change my mind because now that I think about it bringing something like Indy to Flordia would make me SO HAPPY! :cloud9:A plus for Pandas is the safety of Rafiki's. I would hate too see Rafiki's go as it is my favorite part of AK.

Pandas would be awesome! I think a new land at DHS and pandas at AK would be good for now. Not thrilled on Cars Land, as I would like to see something new, but I bet if I actually went to Cars Land and saw how magnificent it is, I may change my mind because now that I think about it bringing something like Indy to Flordia would make me SO HAPPY! :cloud9:A plus for Pandas is the safety of Rafiki's. I would hate too see Rafiki's go as it is my favorite part of AK.

I dont think Rafiki's would go, but a small portion people head over there. That would significantly change if Pandas were put there

They would also fit well into the conservation theme

I dont think Rafiki's would go, but a small portion people head over there. That would significantly change if Pandas were put there

They would also fit well into the conservation theme

I suppose I meant in the very long run, if they wanted to add something else after Avatar which would be in Camp Minnie Mickey. Yes, the conservation theme and adding of people would be true!:)

Oh please cancel the whole Avatar thing, Disney! Build a villains land in HS instead, or preferanly a whole new Villains park instead although that won't ever happen.

I hope it NEVER happens. Dumbest idea EVER. :rotfl:

Give us Australia!!! So many wonderful animals and shrimp on the bar-b!!!

I couldn't agree more. I have hated the idea from day one and we have even said that an Australia land would be fabulous!:thumbsup2

wdwmom0f3 said:
I couldn't agree more. I have hated the idea from day one and we have even said that an Australia land would be fabulous!:thumbsup2

Yeah I've been going on about how I want Australia too, but I'd rather have it in EPCOT. Although I agree it would make slightly more sense to have it in AK.

I should have said China. They have Asia, but China is not represented.

At any rate, the death of the week-old panda cub at the National Zoo underlines how difficult it is to breed pandas. Wouldn't blame Disney for not getting involved in that. The previous pandas at National had several cubs, none of which survived for very long.

I've been to Carsland and yes it's fabulous, but I don't want a carbon copy in Florida - do something new. Apparently the odds that it will be Avatar are declining.

I should have said China. They have Asia, but China is not represented.

At any rate, the death of the week-old panda cub at the National Zoo underlines how difficult it is to breed pandas. Wouldn't blame Disney for not getting involved in that. The previous pandas at National had several cubs, none of which survived for very long.

Believe me, Disney would want to get involved with it. The financial windfall of panda cubs is significant.

First off, let me say, I am 100% against Avataar-land. Bad idea. Worse idea putting it at Animal Kingdom where you are trying to teach people about animals and environments on this planet, not some fictional world.

That being said, if WDW and Cameron insist on having an Avataar presence, start small so you can guage fan reaction. Obvious choice... Find some way to concept Stitch's Escape (awful ride in it's own right. I miss E. Terror...). If people like it, carve out a piece of EPCOT (FW, not WS) or MGM.

BDL said:
First off, let me say, I am 100% against Avataar-land. Bad idea. Worse idea putting it at Animal Kingdom where you are trying to teach people about animals and environments on this planet, not some fictional world.

That being said, if WDW and Cameron insist on having an Avataar presence, start small so you can guage fan reaction. Obvious choice... Find some way to concept Stitch's Escape (awful ride in it's own right. I miss E. Terror...). If people like it, carve out a piece of EPCOT (FW, not WS) or MGM.

Oooh, due to the fact that Pandora would be most exciting at night with glow effects, wouldn't it make sense to put it indoors? Or at least partly indoors. While I see the point of putting it at DAK, EPCOT also makes sense- Avatar is as much about cultural and racial respect and understanding as it it about conservation. EPCOT dabbles in conservation anyway and certainly in culture. And there's a big empty building where Body Wars was!

San Diego's breeding program is the most successful. DC has had only one surviving cub. Survival rate in Chinese breeding centers is 35%-48%. The only other US zoos with pandas currently are Atlanta and Memphis. Pandas cost five times the amount of the next most expensive animal (elephant) to maintain. (There's been a lot of reporting about pandas here lately, no surprise.) Don't hold your breath for pandas at Animal Kingdom.

San Diego's breeding program is the most successful. DC has had only one surviving cub. Survival rate in Chinese breeding centers is 35%-48%. The only other US zoos with pandas currently are Atlanta and Memphis. Pandas cost five times the amount of the next most expensive animal (elephant) to maintain. (There's been a lot of reporting about pandas here lately, no surprise.) Don't hold your breath for pandas at Animal Kingdom.

that is true. however, pandas are also easily the most popular zoo animal in the country and probably the world. Thier plight makes them a big conservation battle (probably a futile one)

however, there is no question they can bump a zoos attendance by 50% in some cases and sales of plushes are through the roof

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter