Avis Car rental

dez1978

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experience picking up a rental at the resorts? We are going to may and planning a stay at HR. We only need a car for the last half of the trip (or 2 cars rather) so we'd like to just get one there. I wasn't sure if the car rental had changed at the resorts since covid or not.

Does anyone have any experience picking up a rental at the resorts? We are going to may and planning a stay at HR. We only need a car for the last half of the trip (or 2 cars rather) so we'd like to just get one there. I wasn't sure if the car rental had changed at the resorts since covid or not.
Not since covid. I doubt much has changed. Two years ago I picked up a car at CBBR for a couple of days. It went fine. Their supply of cars is smaller than an airport location, so you may not get exactly the category you reserved. I usually book compact and have ended up with something bigger.

I book through Costco and compare the rates at the Uni resorts with the rates at the Doubletree and Holiday Inn nearby. Most times I walk over to the Holiday Inn (Budget) because it is the lowest rate. It depends on how much time you want to spend vs convenience. I have family a couple of hours away so will pick up a car after my stay to drive to visit them, and return it at the airport.

We picked up a car for one day from Avis at HRH a few weeks ago and the experience wasn't great. There's one person running all of the desks and they go from hotel to hotel. We had to wait 45 minutes after opening (when our reservation was for) at HRH before they got there and we could get our rental. They also did not answer any of the phone numbers, even from the concierge desk. Leaving we were stuck in the parking lot and had to go back in to get someone to open the gate for us, it would have been nice to been told this before we left. We were turning in the car after hours as well since we were going to rope drop the next day, so we followed the directions to drop the keys off at the desk and were told the cars would be checked in at opening. Well, most likely because there's just one representative and they got to HRH that day late again, it was checked in an hour and a half after opening and they charged us for a full second day. The whole thing was just kind of a pain.

We picked up a car for one day from Avis at HRH a few weeks ago and the experience wasn't great. There's one person running all of the desks and they go from hotel to hotel. We had to wait 45 minutes after opening (when our reservation was for) at HRH before they got there and we could get our rental. They also did not answer any of the phone numbers, even from the concierge desk. Leaving we were stuck in the parking lot and had to go back in to get someone to open the gate for us, it would have been nice to been told this before we left. We were turning in the car after hours as well since we were going to rope drop the next day, so we followed the directions to drop the keys off at the desk and were told the cars would be checked in at opening. Well, most likely because there's just one representative and they got to HRH that day late again, it was checked in an hour and a half after opening and they charged us for a full second day. The whole thing was just kind of a pain.
ooh. not good all around. One person running 6 desks? Guess I will stick with my Budget rental at the HI for May and hope for the best!

Yikes! Thanks for the information.

So does it make sense to walk to the hotel that will rent with Budget cars? We'll be staying in Sapphire Falls, but yes Avis is much more than Budget. We are checking out then heading to Cocoa Beach before returning to the airport. How far is a walk to hotel for the Budget car rental from Sapphire Falls?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter