B&C Milky Way Sundae

lulu71

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I was just thinking about this sundae and dying...it should be illegal it's so good! A couple of weeks ago we ordered a Milky Way and a No Way Jose for our party of six. The server messed up and brought us a Mud Slide instead of the No Way Jose. He let us keep the Mud Slide and whipped up the No Way Jose, so we had all three. The unanimous opinion was (drumroll please):

First Place - Milky Way
Second Place - Mud Slide
Third Place - No Way Jose

Any other Milky Way Sundae fans?

I have only had the No Way Jose and absolutely loved it. What are the other two like?

I've heard GLORIOUS things about the Plaza's Milky Way--wonder if that's the same dish???

If so it certainly sounds wonderful!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

We couldn't finish the Milky Way (we did save the candy bar for later). We love the banana splits.............I think they are $7.99???

OK..descriptions of these desserts.

Milky Way Sundae - vanilla ice cream with TONS of butterscotch and chocolate sauce, whipped cream, a big ole chunk of bundt cake and a milky way bar stuck in it.

Mud Slide - vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce over a gooey brownie with whipped cream and oreas.

No Way Jose - vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and peanut butter sauce with chocolate and peanut butter chips and whipped cream.

Someone correct me if I've left anything out. Now I'm back to craving these!

Originally posted by FFerret
I've heard GLORIOUS things about the Plaza's Milky Way--wonder if that's the same dish???

If so it certainly sounds wonderful!!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I haven't heard of this. Are you talking about the Plaza Restaurant in the MK?

Yep :)

Milky Way Sundae - vanilla ice cream with TONS of butterscotch and chocolate sauce, whipped cream, a big ole chunk of bundt cake and a milky way bar stuck in it.

That sounds so GOOD right now!

Let me check to see if The Plaza at MK still serves this; it's something I had meant to get when we went and didn't.

Oops!
Sorry about the confusion!
Checking All Ears Net:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_pr.htm:

The Plaza Restaurant Special - Two scoops of butter pecan ice cream with hot fudge and caramel sauce, topped with whipped cream, chopped nuts and a cherry $4.49

The Nickelodeon - Two scoops of ice cream, topped with either hot fudge or caramel sauce, whipped cream and a cherry $4.49

The Unicycle - single scoop of ice cream of your choice, topped with hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry $3.79

I had been thinking the Milky Way was the Plaza Special--kept wondering why "caramel" wasn't mentioned.

That being said now I'm REALLY torn between a Milky Way and the Plaza Specail :)

BTW, speaking about icecream, Diary Queen is giving away free cones today:

http://www.dairyqueen.com/en-US/Now...FreeConeDay.htm

September 21, 2004

Come celebrate the last day of summer with a free cone from Dairy Queen benefiting Children’s Miracle Network.
A free 5 oz. vanilla ice cream cone (one cone per customer) will be served at participating Dairy Queen and
DQ Grill & Chill locations nationwide. Celebrate with us on Tuesday, September 21, 2004.

You have to go in; drive-thru won't work :)

FFerret - That Plaza Special sounds awesome!! I've heard the food is good there too. I have to put the Plaza Restaurant on my list!!

When we went for lunch last year we really weren't too impressed with the food. Unfortunately we didn't feel like dessert, and I kept thinking we'd get another chance.

Going to remedy that next year :)

Let me know what you think between Milky Way and Plaza Special when you go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter