[B]Want to stay at WL 1st week of Dec. '06---how busy will it be---other ??

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
[/B]

I thought the week after Thanksgiving was supposed to be slow and since it turns into value season again was surprised in hearing how some people have already been told certain places are booked up. Can anyone tell me if it is not as slow as I thought? I'm confused about booking my week as CRO just told me that I have to book through a travel agent to get any deals on packages and that he could only give me a discount on room only. So I should use a travel agent instead? Help?! Also, in regards to how busy it is, would it be better to be there the Sat. following thanksgiving for a week or to wait a week longer?

I would say to wait a week longer. Usually, and we have been 3 times at that time of year, it is slower that week. This year though it seems to be booking up and may be much busier. We have found in the past that the weekend of Thanksgiving and the Monday following have been pretty busy. After that it thins out. Maybe our secret is out and now everyone is trying to go then because it is usually very slow and a wonderful week to be there. Regardless, that time of year is still better and less crowded than others.

Enjoy it! The Christmas decorations are wonderful and the extra shows and MVMCP are great additions. Even if it is a little more crowded than usual, it still won't be like the week between Christmas and New Year's or the middle of the summer.

!st week in Dec. is the busiest for DVC (low on points), usually mousefest meets that week as well as other internet Disney meets (Dis Meets, RADP, etc) It's also Pop Warner week. It's beautifully decorated and very festive. Oh yeah, 1st Sat. of Dec. they film the Christmas parade and MK is packed! Good luck! We're going during that time this year :goodvibes

Also keep in mind that the WL is one of the smaller resorts so it fills up faster anyway, and during Christmas time that's where everyone wants to stay. It's decorated beautifully and is very cozy when it's cold out. We stayed there the first weekend of Dec. last year and are headed back for the same weekend this year, this time at the villas. We booked back in June, and it was already filling up for Dec.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY said:
Also keep in mind that the WL is one of the smaller resorts ... and during Christmas time that's where everyone wants to stay.

Ummm....not everybody. We'll be doing the Poly and BWI but we will stop by the WL during an afternoon of resort hopping.

steve

People are already booking for Dec 06. I still haven't made my reservations from Feb 06 yet and now I have to try and figure out where to stay in Dec now.

smfnj said:
Ummm....not everybody. We'll be doing the Poly and BWI but we will stop by the WL during an afternoon of resort hopping.

steve

I didn't mean it literally, but a lot of people do love the WL at Christmas and it's fairly difficult to get booked there unless you do it early.

We booked our 9 night stay at the WL for 12/1-12/10/06 this past Aug.!! :cool1:
We were there at the same time last year and the crowds didn't seem bad-the most crowded part was MVMCP.

smfnj said:

steve

We will be at the CR for the first week of this December. I inquired about the WL and was told also that everyone wants to stay there then and it was totally booked. I've been told over and over by other CMs the same thing. So it looks like if anyone wants it for December then they better book early.

skiwee1 said:
We will be at the CR for the first week of this December. I inquired about the WL and was told also that everyone wants to stay there then and it was totally booked.

Just did a quick search on Expedia (didn't try any others), they show rooms available for WL 12/2 - 12/9 and 12/5 - 12/12 (only dates I checked). The room is CV and $255/night, expensive but available.

Disney may show no rooms available but blocks of rooms are assigned to other outlets. If these other rooms don't sell out they will be returned to Disney at some point.
steve

smfnj said:
Just did a quick search on Expedia (didn't try any others), they show rooms available for WL 12/2 - 12/9 and 12/5 - 12/12 (only dates I checked). The room is CV and $255/night, expensive but available.

Disney may show no rooms available but blocks of rooms are assigned to other outlets. If these other rooms don't sell out they will be returned to Disney at some point.
steve

They had nothing available at all through Expedia, AAA, or WDW two weeks ago. Apparently they finally got some cancellations. I needed 12/1-12/7. I am very glad they didn't have anything at the time now. After visiting the WL last week and dealing with their horrible transporation problems I am sticking with the CR. LOL! We waited more then an hour for a boat at the WL. It was awful. Every time a boat finally showed they were too full to hold everyone.

skiwee1 said:
...I am sticking with the CR. LOL! We waited more then an hour for a boat at the WL. It was awful. Every time a boat finally showed they were too full to hold everyone.

An hour for a boat from WL is horrible. That's worse than waiting for a monorail from MK at Sat. night closing.

CR is a good choice, the monorail loop or Crescent Lake can't be beat for transportation. We're doing Poly 12/5 - 12/8 and BWI 12/9 - 12/12.
steve

Wow! Sorry you didn't have a better experience with the transportation sysytem at WL. We're headed back for our third stay, and I have to say, I've never waited an hour for a boat. Maybe we've just had good luck so far, but we've never had a problem with transportation here, and we were there the second week of May this year. I haven't stayed on the monorail yet, maybe I'll be spoiled if I ever do, lol.

I've only stayed at the WL for 10 days a few years ago. That was when I decided we weren't going to stay there again. Well, for this December trip we were thinking the WL would look so much prettier then the CR for the holidays. We ended up going to WL two weeks ago to eat at Whispering Canyon. The boats were so bad. There were plenty of folks on that dock complaining and saying it has been that way their entire trip. They had nightmare stories about the buses too. It just brought back too many memories and we decided to stick with CR tower. I really had thought that the WL had changed for the better but apparently the transportation problems are still there.

smfnj said:
An hour for a boat from WL is horrible. That's worse than waiting for a monorail from MK at Sat. night closing.

CR is a good choice, the monorail loop or Crescent Lake can't be beat for transportation. We're doing Poly 12/5 - 12/8 and BWI 12/9 - 12/12.
steve

We thought about doing the Poly but we just did that two weeks ago. We are going again in June and staying at the Poly, which is our favorite. The CR tower is something my mom has always wanted to try. I hope I don't regret it. We are spoiled by the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter