Babnanas 11: "Boo-boo's are OUT, Toast is IN….

Good morning y'all! I am beyond tired..... I slept 10 hours last night and could have still stayed in bed this morning!! Started at the ski area yesterday. The job is not physically demanding but I think the stress of something new and unfamiliar was really a drain on me. I'm back again today. I did get DS12 his season pass and he was out there as soon as DH could drop him off! Good thing we only live 3 miles away. December is going to kick my butt for sure but the rest of the winter should settle after the holidays are over. I am going to cut back a few hours at my regular job, though. I still have kids and a household to maintain!! I've just got to keep in mind that I'm doing this so DS can have that pass, and for funds for Disney!! :cheer2:

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We got back from a week on the Fantasy yesterday. It was a good trip but rough seas knocked me out the first two days, a viral infection hit my DD15, and so did a very bad case of PMS right in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner. Ahhh. The joys of a teen girl. She and DH are still barely talking after that embarrassing time. It was like holidays of past with my mom's family. Which is one reason we started cruising on Thanksgiving, to avoid the drama. Otherwise, the cruise was fun. We went to St. Maarten and San Juan. Nice and warm. Though, not much different from home, weather wise.

:wave:

Happy 1st of December. 24 days to Christmas. :scared1:

upset-smiley-emoticon.gif

I've got my NORAD tracks Santa t-shirt on at work!! Woohoo!

Now if only I could finish my Christmas shopping!!

We're doing a minimalist Christmas this year. No need to run away screaming. I'm giving my teen nephews and nieces money. That takes care of 75% of the presents.
I have one other nephew that is 2 years old. I've gotten him something from Tupperware. It's a backpack with containers and a drink bottle in it.

DS told me he wanted some clothes and showed me which ones on the website. I ordered them around Black Friday/Cyber Monday and got them at 20% off. We also have a gaming gadget for him. So that's him done.

My parents will get a gift card from us.

I'm going to raid the local garden shop a couple of days before Christmas and get my aunts/uncles plants. Things like Bonsai or if there are potted vegetables in a nice container will probably be high on my shopping list.

We usually get the music teachers a present and I normally keep an eye out for musical motifs. This year, I totally dropped the baton...so to speak. I'm doing the cop-out things and have gotten them some chocolates/truffles.

I've also gotten about 3 'extras'. Little bowls that I'll wrap up and if we get the unexpected gift, I've got something under the tree to give back.
I might also get a couple bottles of wine for the 'adults' as a just-in-case.

That just leaves DH. :faint:

Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes

Christmas gifts.........:faint: :rotfl:
My DD is getting married in less than two weeks. :hyper:
The thought of switching gears from wedding to Christmas. And having to do it so quickly is............... mind boggling. At least it boggles my mind. :lmao: Doesn't take much these days. :rotfl::lmao:

I hope you all have an awesome day!!!

Why in the world did they pick this time of year to get married??! :confused3 That would fry my little brain, too!!! Ugh. I mean, it's a beautiful season, but it's busy enough all on its own. :scared:

Very minimalist Christmas here, too. I've got DS15 all set, need a few more things for DS12(13 next week!!). DS18 will be last minute, but I've got a list of ideas. We're not doing extended family this year, and DH and I have agreed only stockings for each other, as we are trying to save for Disney in May. :goodvibes

Hope everyone has a great day!

No such thing as minimalist for me. This is the first year that I'm living with my BF. I've added his son, and his parents to my present list. It was easy to buy for his son though. :)

I've finished buying for my mom, my sister-in-law, my BF and his son. I still have one more thing to get for my brother and my father. And I've got to figure out what to get my BFs parents. :confused3

We're also going to make cookie tins for people. I just wonder how my BF is going to fit all his tins into his suitcase, because he's going back to Manitoba to visit his family for Christmas.

...The thought of switching gears from wedding to Christmas. And having to do it so quickly is............... mind boggling. At least it boggles my mind. :lmao: Doesn't take much these days. :rotfl::lmao:

....my mind gets boggled pretty easily too, if it's any consolation....:hug:

The thought of switching gears from wedding to Christmas. And having to do it so quickly is............... mind boggling. At least it boggles my mind. :lmao: Doesn't take much these days. :rotfl::lmao:

Talk about a BUSY December!! Wowza!!

I hope everything goes smoothly and seamlessly.

Congrats. Hope your DD has an awesome day!

And thanks for all the well wishes. :goodvibes

She is getting married now because of having the time over Christmas break from nursing school. She has one more semester and just didn't want to wait. :cloud9:

So far the long term weather report is giving us a beautiful day!! The ceremony is going to be outside beside a very large man made pond/lake right at sunset. We have 60 candles down the isle and 36 candles surrounding the ceremony area. All the shrubs will have net lights in them. The reception will be inside. The building was built to replicate an upscale barn. It will also be covered in candles. 200lbs worth to be exact.

We are getting so excited!!!

Kogo Shuko, I just noticed the babnana bunch under your ticker -- LOVE it!!! :banana:

Good morning ya'll.
More wedding running here. Today I am off to find things for the smores bar as well as the coffee/hot tea/hot chocolate bar. :car:

Have a great day ya'll. :goodvibes

And thanks for all the well wishes. :goodvibes

She is getting married now because of having the time over Christmas break from nursing school. She has one more semester and just didn't want to wait. :cloud9:

So far the long term weather report is giving us a beautiful day!! The ceremony is going to be outside beside a very large man made pond/lake right at sunset. We have 60 candles down the isle and 36 candles surrounding the ceremony area. All the shrubs will have net lights in them. The reception will be inside. The building was built to replicate an upscale barn. It will also be covered in candles. 200lbs worth to be exact.

We are getting so excited!!!

Sounds like it's going to be a beautiful wedding!! And a 'smores bar sounds heavenly!!

Kogo Shuko, I just noticed the babnana bunch under your ticker -- LOVE it!!! :banana:

I love it too!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks guys!! I was hoping that, even though they don't dance, they might entice the tag fairy.

In either case, they're adorable and they hang around. :laughing:

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

What is his/her name?! I'm your proverbial "crazy cat lady" so I am ALL about kitties!!

Congrats! You are now owned by a cat. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter