BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

Loving this trip report as always

Had a quick question for you both Carole for our Sept trip

Which HHN tickets do you buy? We are thinking or getting the rush of fear or frequent fear multi night tickets?

Glad to hear it.....:thumbsup2

We always buy the Rush of Fear with Express Pass........

That does the first 3 weeks including Saturdays. It suits us so well as we never want to go and spend 7 or 8 hours in the park at night........we can spend 3 hours or so and do a good few houses in that time, and repeat that over many nights.........

Of course some can manage without EP doing it many nights......not for us.......:laughing: we hate queuing with a passion!!

Love the duck family! We saw a mama and kids swimming in the lagoon a few weeks ago. There were about for or five groups of us just watching them! Gee- a pretty nice home to raise kids!! Lucky ducks, indeed!

They were so cute......I genuinely didn’t notice them.........

Glad to hear it.....:thumbsup2

We always buy the Rush of Fear with Express Pass........

That does the first 3 weeks including Saturdays. It suits us so well as we never want to go and spend 7 or 8 hours in the park at night........we can spend 3 hours or so and do a good few houses in that time, and repeat that over many nights.........

Of course some can manage without EP doing it many nights......not for us.......:laughing: we hate queuing with a passion!!

Ahh Yes we are with you there!

Hello, Carole! I finally, finally caught up with your TR's, starting from the "Does Everyone Know your Name?" one up through right now. I have learned so many nice details about the parks and resorts from you both. My daughter and I visited in May 2017, then again in Sept. 2017 with my brother along, and once again in May 2018 the two of us. The AP's make it worth the trip, for sure. Our next visit is the first two weeks in December, we will probably take a day trip out to St. Augustine then. My daughter visited there once when she lived in FL for a few years and said the lights at night are really pretty. She also said it's my kind of place, lots of history along with cool little shops and places to eat.

We love the Palm too. We always stay at the HRH, which is our favorite deluxe, but in my married days, my ex never wanted to spend the money to eat there. So now my daughter and I enjoy a wonderful meal there every trip. You've got me wanting to try out Ocean Prime and I see that there is one in Boston that I may have to check out some day.

On our September trip my brother and I took the boat over from the parks to see SF. It certainly is a beautiful place. We wandered through Strong Water, it wasn't open as it was still early afternoon, but it looked as cozy as you've described and I loved the warm wood look of the floor tile. It's on my list for dinner and cocktails in December.

Some day would like to see your pics after you do a water ride

But wear a poncho so your hair does not get wet

Hello, Carole! I finally, finally caught up with your TR's, starting from the "Does Everyone Know your Name?" one up through right now. I have learned so many nice details about the parks and resorts from you both. My daughter and I visited in May 2017, then again in Sept. 2017 with my brother along, and once again in May 2018 the two of us. The AP's make it worth the trip, for sure. Our next visit is the first two weeks in December, we will probably take a day trip out to St. Augustine then. My daughter visited there once when she lived in FL for a few years and said the lights at night are really pretty. She also said it's my kind of place, lots of history along with cool little shops and places to eat.

We love the Palm too. We always stay at the HRH, which is our favorite deluxe, but in my married days, my ex never wanted to spend the money to eat there. So now my daughter and I enjoy a wonderful meal there every trip. You've got me wanting to try out Ocean Prime and I see that there is one in Boston that I may have to check out some day.

On our September trip my brother and I took the boat over from the parks to see SF. It certainly is a beautiful place. We wandered through Strong Water, it wasn't open as it was still early afternoon, but it looked as cozy as you've described and I loved the warm wood look of the floor tile. It's on my list for dinner and cocktails in December.

:welcome: Along AuroraluvsPhillip.......

So glad you joined us.......that must have been quite a marathon read!!!

December would be perfect to visit St Augustine, well, anytime would be good as it’s so gorgeous........yes, if you love history it’s a phenomenal place to visit.......I think I’ve got to go back! Night times would be stunning I’m sure.......very beautiful.........and yes, very nice food!!! Always a priority of ours........:D

I’ve only heard good things about other Ocean Prime restaurants......I’m sure you’re going to love it there......very high standard! And yes the Palm is excellent......a definite favourite of ours.

May see you there in December......although we are staying back at RP we will visit StrongWater when we can.......yes, the floors are beautiful......

Glad you posted and hope you enjoy this one too.......:wave2:

Some day would like to see your pics after you do a water ride

But wear a poncho so your hair does not get wet

Lol........

Funnily enough :scratchin........that’s the one day we never take a camera..........I look truly dreadful when soaked :scared1:

I’m not vain..........but there are limits.........:laughing:

I gained 5 pounds reading the VooDoo Donut post. I so love them -- had them A LOT in Portland. I am sure I'll have some next time at Universal.

….he is sometimes reluctant to be on the other side of the camera.....but I remind him we love having pictures of him too...……

YES WE DO! <3

I gained 5 pounds reading the VooDoo Donut post. I so love them -- had them A LOT in Portland. I am sure I'll have some next time at Universal.

YES WE DO! <3

lol.....I know I gained 5lbs just eating them!!!! But so worth it...……

I`ll tell him...….:D

Thanks for the warning of voodoo donuts are not calorie free

Oops hit send too quickly..

Wanted to know if the cake donuts were better tasting than the yeast donuts

I think I made a mistake! A friend reminded me calories on vacation don’t exist!! So it must be my washing machine affecting my clothes when I get home.........:rolleyes1

I have no idea the difference actually!

I just know we loved anything we had from there......and will be back in July for more........and calorie free...:thumbsup2

So, we continued further round and it was incredibly hot today, despite having some cloud around...…..and we were feeling it a little...….we don't get flagged out with the heat at all usually, but I think the humidity this morning was palpable. And my hair was certainly showing signs of that humidity......thank goodness for the hat!!! No pictures without it today...…...

Kong for us is an alright ride...….nothing spectacular but fun if there is no line...…..it is certainly better done that Fallon or F&F, and has a good storyline. I think everyone knows King Kong. I remember crying my eyes out watching the Jessica Lange version many years ago...….showing my age there...……

i-WptKKjR-XL.jpg

i-vNrWv5p-XL.jpg

The EP line was non-existent this morning...….well, except the family that came in behind us and the 4 year old proceeded to scream his lungs out until the father decided he wasn't going to listen to this any longer...….thank goodness!!! He took him back outside. The poor parents had tried everything at this point...…...he wasn't going on this ride no matter what anyone said!!! Poor little guy, it is dark in there...….there was some activity in the regular line from what we could hear...…..I think the SA were out today...…..I wish they had those in the EP line.

The ride itself was alright. For us we prefer to sit nearer the rear of the vehicle and with EP you usually do get this and we did again today.

We headed back outside and wandered down to JPRA...….no intention of going on it today again, but we would have a wander around and just soak up the atmosphere

i-tHgxXhS-XL.jpg

Approaching Potter is always nice...…..we didn't go wandering down by the lagoon in front of the visitor centre today, but it is so lovely and peaceful down there, with hardly anyone taking the time to go...….but a few seconds walk and you get away from the throngs of people milling around on the main paths. All seemingly heading the opposite way at times from us...…..and this was where the normally placid me lost it a little...….why do people think they can walk down the middle of a busy path, staring intently at their phones and expecting everyone to move out of their way without a word. One guy almost trod on me and then didn't even apologize......big mistake. he was certainly told off first by me then I assume his wife...….she at least had the grace to say she was sorry...….I did smile at her and thank her as her husband disappeared in the distance still staring into his phone.......…..but, so many people do this now......and I think this year we saw more and more do this...…..rude.

But, how impressive is this...…...and we always make sure we don't just stop suddenly to take pictures...….

i-hwtFXtx-XL.jpg

i-WZXnzv4-XL.jpg

i-K4W65x5-XL.jpg

i-JRf3bh5-XL.jpg

The bridge is usually bounding with people, but today it`s not too bad and we manage to get a load of pictures with hardly anyone around...….we are planning to go on FJ today if the regular line isn't too busy we`ll do that. I find sometimes I can do this ride several times without any motion issues, usually three times max.....other days it`s a one and done......I always think it depends on what I`ve had to eat and drank that can affect me. But it is so worth it...….

It is impressive as you enter the majestic and magnificent building...……

i-Q7fXCjZ-XL.jpg

i-v3VF7Dv-XL.jpg

We see the regular line is incredibly short today......so we do the whole walk through as it is something to see. You do miss a few things by doing the EP line, but I`d rather avoid a long line and do EP. But, if it`s short like today it`s worth doing...…….I drop my bag in the lockers which are remarkably empty today. The TM look a little lost but relieved at the same time...…..they do have their hands full trying to organize folks in there...…

i-FzF8zP7-XL.jpg

i-psbsVfP-XL.jpg

i-TRsb2v6-XL.jpg

When Alan Rickman died, there were many floral tributes left along this area from fans of not only Potter, but of the man himself. He was a tremendous actor and is incredibly missed...…..of course Die Hard is probably one he was most synonymous with, and my favourite character of his after Snape was in Robin of Sherwood where he played the best Sheriff of Nottingham like no other...…...

i-6NsRnCk-XL.jpg

I remember when it was the first year or so of Potter, the lines were strewn all the way through this greenhouse area......it was incredibly uncomfortable but many of us did it...…..

The line itself is so impressive…...so many things that you can miss if you wander past without looking......and so many do. We could see the few folks that passed us wonder what we were taking a picture of, and one lady even said Oh look at that...…..

i-Q4XqD5T-XL.jpg

i-DS2Xk8K-XL.jpg

I`m always impressed to see the paintings alone...…...and I love when we find ourselves walking close by someone who is entering for the first time......that is something to see. The many reactions are lovely to see and vary from plain awe, to downright disbelief as to what they are seeing...…..even tears at times. Especially when people enter Diagon Alley the first time...….we have seen people get quite emotional as they step into that world.

i-jFM92cX-XL.jpg

i-cNzWPq4-XL.jpg

i-Znr6Gm5-XL.jpg

i-3wSvFkz-XL.jpg

i-wnkZD3M-XL.jpg

i-kFtQTWC-XL.jpg

i-WXGvMXZ-XL.jpg

i-kZjMkhs-XL.jpg

I love the common room area, and have a real fascination with secret staircases and love to see the unique. I have a dream that when we move to what will be our forever property it will have a library with a secret spiral staircase off up to somewhere...…..anywhere.

I believe that vision stems from the library we had in our town when I was little. It was a huge imposing building and very beautiful for "just" a library......it had a very grandiose spiral stone staircase and led up to a very traditional styled library that had so many turns you could get lost easily. I can still remember the aroma of wood polish and books...….and it takes me right back to spending many hours in there. Of course, it was demolished when I was around 12 for apartments to be built. Such a shame another historic building had to be demolished due to lack of funds or care. The cost to repair it must have been tremendous. But, a great loss of our history. But, I think the memory stayed with me.

We love the ride!!! The feeling of flying is immense in certain places......and you learn quickly where to look away if you don't like spiders. I am not fond of them, I will kill them easily, but would rather they went around...….but these ones are quite horrible to look at, so anyone with a genuine fear of them should be warned when they`re coming up...…..but, such a good ride...….definitely one of the best rides around.

Back outside I am still struck by the sheer resplendence of the Castle...…..best castle in Orlando of course...….lol...…..

i-35DG2Sz-XL.jpg

We decide to ride the Hippogriff today and we wander down to where the shops are...…..and again, it doesn't seem to bad crowd wise today, which is nice...….

i-htLjZNT-XL.jpg

I loved this little fake frozen water trough...….

i-B6gqgK8-XL.jpg

There was plenty of room to move around today. We have seen it so much quieter, but so much busier too. It does get incredibly busy, as of course it is designed to be similar to the books...….I for one am glad she insisted Universal recreated it just as she had imagined and perfectly described it in the books. It was perfect. It wouldn't have felt right if the shops had been sprawling emporiums, which was certainly not her vision and Universal understood that.

i-SwFbV6t-XL.jpg

i-WSD93Cg-XL.jpg

This photograph never looks right...…..first time we took a picture of it, I asked Tom if I`d had a drink before I took it!!!! It just looks so off kilter...…..

i-gJjwwm7-XL.jpg

Honeydukes is a cute little store......again the complaint is that it`s too small...….it can be tight, but it has so much colour and so many lovely items to purchase including sherbert lemons and butterbeer fudge among many others.

We don't actually like Butterbeer very much. We prefer the pumpkin fizz from the 3B`s...…..but we didn't stop for a drink today. Nor do we eat in either Potter restaurant. It just doesn't appeal, but the smell of the food during service is very appealing!!! I think it`s the fish and chips.

i-hTMWQss-XL.jpg

i-vCD6WBx-XL.jpg

Yes. We are still mourning the loss of what was Universal Orlando`s finest and smoothest coaster...….Duelling Dragons...…..it was never really accepted as being called Dragon Challenge and never really fitted in to the Potter theme as it was planned...….now I do know what they are putting in will be spectacular...…..but, it won`t be like DD.

i-S68QnLL-XL.jpg

i-RnZS9sD-XL.jpg

i-bfnSS9f-XL.jpg

The rooftops are so precious in Hogsmeade and the snow is pretty. The whole place is pretty and I keep saying so much detail, but there really is...…

And leaving the Potter area and seeing a TM with a rain poncho reminds us that rain isn't far away today, but she must have been boiling as it was incredibly hot and humid now...…...

i-jqf48b6-XL.jpg

More follows...…...

I know I've already said this- but the Potter places look so freaking amazing! I cannot wait to see them.

But the ride with the spiders might be a deal breaker- Or I close my eyes for the entire ride!

And I agree with the others- no calories on vacation. I've heard that the air pressure on the plane causes clothes in suitcases to shrink..... (but only on the way home) :thumbsup2

Can I hire you to follow me around in the parks and take pictures for me....?

You have a good eye with the camera, Tom also...

I know I've already said this- but the Potter places look so freaking amazing! I cannot wait to see them.

But the ride with the spiders might be a deal breaker- Or I close my eyes for the entire ride!

And I agree with the others- no calories on vacation. I've heard that the air pressure on the plane causes clothes in suitcases to shrink..... (but only on the way home) :thumbsup2

Lol......now there’s a good excuse for my clothes!!! Like it..........

Both Potter places are spectacular..........and beyond anything I’ve ever seen before, and we never tire of seeing it........

With the spiders, you will be able to tell when that bit is coming up.......close your eyes ::yes::........it’s too good a ride to miss out because of spiders..........:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter