Back from Saratoga - Grandstand Section

The movies at the pool sound so fun!! Do you remember the days of the week they were offered? I know that is no guarantee for future times, but I was just curious.

TIA

I love SSR, I enjoy the peace and quiet after a day in the parks. Normally we've stayed in SSR since our young adult kids like to hit DTD in the evenings, but our next trip in with our 6 yr old niece so the Grandstands is sounding better all the time.

You might know this already but don't forget that the Grandstand area is actually very close to the other DD walkway (Westside). You simply cut across behind the main building, cross the bridge by the boat launch and you are on the DD Westside walkway which ends up at Cirque du Soleil.

You might know this already but don't forget that the Grandstand area is actually very close to the other DD walkway (Westside). You simply cut across behind the main building, cross the bridge by the boat launch and you are on the DD Westside walkway which ends up at Cirque du Soleil.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check in out on our next trip. Do you know how early does the boat launch start?

The movies at the pool sound so fun!! Do you remember the days of the week they were offered? I know that is no guarantee for future times, but I was just curious.

TIA

The movies last week at the pool were on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. :)

Is the Grandstand pool large enough for adults without kids to enjoy it, or is the water feature going to be so popular that this pool will pretty much be a large kiddie pool. Which is fine, just trying to get a feel for the size of the pool.

I know at the main pool, the kids area is removed enough so that there is space for adults and kids both.

Just have no sense of how large this area is? Sounds really nice and when we take the nieces and nephews I am sure we will spend a lot of time there, but on an adults only trip would you recommend another pool?

Thanks for any insight from someone that has actually seen it.

These pictures might help you.I think this pool will be quite busy.I would still prefer CP for adults only trips.

I can't wait to try out the Grandstand. I've been eyeing the golf course view since construction started! I hope they continue the movies by the pool too! Congrats on the add-on and welcome back!! :wave2:

Littlestar, does Grandstand have it's own bus stop? If so in what order does it run by there? We'll be there in 4 weeks and I've requested this area.

I forgot to mention that Saratoga set up a large movie screen at the main pool three nights of our trip and showed Cars, Lilo and Stitch, and Toy Story. I told my husband it felt like the old days when we used to go to the drive-in. Except instead of sitting in a car, we were sitting in lounge chairs watching the movie. Of course, most of the kids were swimming and watching the movie.

Oh wow that's sounds like great fun, my kids would love that!

I think SSR did an excellent job with it's pools except the Paddocks. I have no idea why they made it so small when you have 5 buildings there and Carousel too, that is the only disappointment to me. I wish it was more like the CP pool.

We were there at the same time as littlestar and stayed at Congress Park.
The bus stopped first at the Grandstand, then carasoul, then paddocks, then Congress Park and then last at the Springs.

Wow it sounds like they did a great job!!! We are going back in October, maybe we will be staying there!!!! Glad you had a great time and congratulations on the add on!!

We are "GOING HOME" in August and we have also requested the Grandstand. So far we have stayed in Congress Park, The Springs and The Paddocks! My DD 7 is really looking forward to that pool!

I forgot to mention that Saratoga set up a large movie screen at the main pool three nights of our trip and showed Cars, Lilo and Stitch, and Toy Story. I told my husband it felt like the old days when we used to go to the drive-in. Except instead of sitting in a car, we were sitting in lounge chairs watching the movie. Of course, most of the kids were swimming and watching the movie.

Hey now that's an improvement we never thought of in that thread a few weeks back. I'm admiring SSR staff more and more. They kept saying they had lots of ideas to implement over the next year. A poolside movie is a great one. I wonder what else they'll come up with.

I'm getting more and more excited about our 1st upcoming trip to SSR in July!!! How neat that they now are showing movies by the pool. Would love to see them add something like a little ice cream parlour! :)

I take back that wish for a movie theater - cause a movie pool is even cooler in all reality!

I want to stay at the Grandstand....nnnnnnoooowwwwwwww!

The Movie by the pool idea is great. We stayed in a Holiday Inn in Virginia Beach that did this. They called it "Dive Inn Movie" The Kids loved it. And so did The parents. What a great way to relax at the end of a busy day. I hope they continue this when we are there in August.

The movies were shown at the main pool. But for some reason the flyer said Grand Stand pool.

Thanks for all the great information about the Grandstand section! We are planning a trip in October and settled on OKW (few points, bigger rooms, twisty slide), but you guys are making me second guess my decision! We are going to have 5 kids and it sounds like you can get to DTD Disney Quest with a short walk. Correct?

Also, it looks like, from the great pictures, the pool doesn't have a slide or anything like that. Is that correct? I've read about a "splash area". Does anyone have a description or picture of that section?

Thanks!!

The grandstand section does not have a slide, but a nice water play area.
The main pool is a very short walk from the Grandstand and has a very nice slide. From the Grandstand or the springs the walkway to Disney westside
where DQ is a nice little walk, If you stay at Congress Park it is a very short walk to DTD marketplace. Depending on the ages of your children, mine are all teenagers and they loved to be able to go to Goofy's candy store and Earl of Sandwich when ever they wanted. The boat ride is very nice too.:)

My kids did go to OKW pool one day and they loved that slide too. You can walk to DTD from OKW but it is a bit of a hike, although very pretty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter