Back to my Happy Place! FINAL UPDATE 6/28 - Pg. 20 Posts #291 & #292

Life got in my way too... so I didn't even realize you hadn't posted recently. :rolleyes1 BUT... school is out, my DD's are done until mid July and I can get all caught up with your marvelous pictures!
We did get a chance in late May to take a quick trip up to see DL & DCA. Carsland is looking better & better... it will be soooo amazing to finally see it, but we will have to wait til September when our AP's are valid again. :sad1: We were hoping to go up today or tomorrow (last day SoCal AP's work) and maybe getting a chance at a soft opening of something in Carsland, but don't think that is going to happen. And of course, the day after we were there, they took the fences down from around the new theatre & fountain, so we missed that. :sad2::sad2: Still, not complaining, because at least I get the chance at going to DL more than most! And... I get to see your wonderful pictures and that makes me happy! :cloud9:

Speaking of wonderful pictures... WoC is so great! I can't believe how beautiful it is to watch. And yes, pictures just don't do it justice. DEFINITELY a must see on a trip to DCA!

Once again... you do such a great job with pictures and capturing the magic of DL! I'm sad your trip report is almost over......

Oh, you are so making me miss Disneyland!! I'm ready for another trip out West, but I'm afraid it will be a couple more years. We plan on taking the family to Aulani for Justin's high school graduation trip and I'm hoping to add on a few DLR days before or after....

Love, love, love your trip report! Your pictures are amazing (it's making me miss Disneyland more than ever)...I could never take night time photos of WOC and you managed to do so. What kind of camera are you using? Can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2

Don't you wish that the Mr. Toad ride was at WDW? It is such a fun ride! The Mardi Gras festivities look like fun! Did you know that was going to happen or were you surprised?

While I am sorry that you are busy, busy, busy lately, it does help me in that I have been in the same boat. LOL!

Lovely morning photos at Disneyland! Love that one of your first rides was Mr. Toad -- that's where I would head first, too. I miss having it at WDW.

New Orleans Square and the Haunted Mansion look so neat!

Wow! WOC looks so amazing! You managed to get some great pics! The Wine Country meal seems a step up from what I've seen there before - is the special menu a little more upscale for the WOC package?
WOC was amazing! Definitely one of the highlights for us!!! :thumbsup2 I'm not sure about the WOC package being a step up...that was actually our first time eating at Wine Country.

Looks like a great day so far! Of course you're in the happiest place on earth, so of course you are!:cool1:
It was a wonderful day!!! :goodvibes

The Bayou Bash band is really colorful! I love it when you come upon seemingly impromptu fun with the characters!

Me too! We were so excited to see all of the fun going on! :banana:

Cute pirates! Somehow not too threatening! :rotfl2:
:laughing: What can I say? We tried!!! :lmao:

Thanks for the updates - looking forward to more!
Thanks for continuing to read! :flower3:

I'm still here and enjoying your report! :goodvibes
Glad you're still here and enjoying my TR! :flower3:

WOW! What a fantastic trip report ... I have just been glued to the computer for the past hour or so reading it in its entirety popcorn::
Awe....thanks so much for taking the time to read! :flower3:

You have inspired me to consider including LA and Hollywood into a future trip to Disneyland, those VIP/behind the scenes studio tours look awesome.
You won't regret it! We loved every minute of this trip!!! The VIP and studio tours are so much fun!!! :woohoo:

Glad your trip had so much Disney magic :wizard:. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes
Thanks so much! I love reliving my trips through these reports! :thumbsup2

Hooray you made it to Disneyland!! :woohoo:
I know...finally, right! :goodvibes We were so excited to be there!!!

Congrats I bet you had an awesome time.... :D

-M
It was amazing!!! :yay:

Life got in my way too... so I didn't even realize you hadn't posted recently. :rolleyes1 BUT... school is out, my DD's are done until mid July and I can get all caught up with your marvelous pictures!
Good! I don't feel so bad now! :goodvibes That's great your DD's are done now...I'm almost there! Thursday is my last day!!! :banana:

We did get a chance in late May to take a quick trip up to see DL & DCA. Carsland is looking better & better... it will be soooo amazing to finally see it, but we will have to wait til September when our AP's are valid again. :sad1: We were hoping to go up today or tomorrow (last day SoCal AP's work) and maybe getting a chance at a soft opening of something in Carsland, but don't think that is going to happen. And of course, the day after we were there, they took the fences down from around the new theatre & fountain, so we missed that. :sad2::sad2: Still, not complaining, because at least I get the chance at going to DL more than most! And... I get to see your wonderful pictures and that makes me happy! :cloud9:
Carsland looked amazing when we were there, so I can only imagine how it looks now!!! You're so fortunate to be able to visit so often! :thumbsup2

Speaking of wonderful pictures... WoC is so great! I can't believe how beautiful it is to watch. And yes, pictures just don't do it justice. DEFINITELY a must see on a trip to DCA!
We LOVED WoC! It was one of the highlights of our trip! :goodvibes

Once again... you do such a great job with pictures and capturing the magic of DL! I'm sad your trip report is almost over......
Awe...thanks so much!!! :flower3:

Oh, you are so making me miss Disneyland!! I'm ready for another trip out West, but I'm afraid it will be a couple more years. We plan on taking the family to Aulani for Justin's high school graduation trip and I'm hoping to add on a few DLR days before or after....
Aulani??? NICE!!! What a fantastic high school graduation trip!!! You must be so excited!!! :yay: A few DLR days is a great idea before or after...that would really break up the flight quite nicely. ;) Now to get Don onboard, right? :laughing:

Love, love, love your trip report! Your pictures are amazing (it's making me miss Disneyland more than ever)...I could never take night time photos of WOC and you managed to do so. What kind of camera are you using? Can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2
Awe...thanks so much for reading! :flower3: I use a Nikon D80. I've had it for several years and I'm always so impressed by the quality of the pictures. :thumbsup2

Don't you wish that the Mr. Toad ride was at WDW? It is such a fun ride!
That would be amazing...we LOVE that ride!!! :goodvibes

The Mardi Gras festivities look like fun! Did you know that was going to happen or were you surprised?
Before our trip, I had read that there were going to be some Mardi Gras festivities, but I didn't realize all that was going to be going on!!! :woohoo:

While I am sorry that you are busy, busy, busy lately, it does help me in that I have been in the same boat. LOL!
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one...I don't feel so bad now! :goodvibes

Lovely morning photos at Disneyland! Love that one of your first rides was Mr. Toad -- that's where I would head first, too. I miss having it at WDW.
We LOVE Mr. Toad!!! :yay: I miss it too!!!

New Orleans Square and the Haunted Mansion look so neat!
Chris and I went to New Orleans quite a few years back and the square took us right back to that trip! :thumbsup2 I love the look of DL's haunted mansion too.

Bayou Bash, a HUGE LUNCH, and more rides!

It was time to grab another FP, so we set out for Indy!

DSC_0483.jpg

FP's scored, we decided to head over to Space Mountain and use our passes from earlier.

DSC_0484.jpg

Such a fun ride! The mom and daughter in front of us were so cute! I don't know which of them screamed more!

DSC_0485.jpg

I really prefer DL's version as opposed to the one at WDW. We love being able to sit next to one another and the ride just seems so much smoother. :thumbsup2

Chris and I decided to take a little break from the rides and we headed into Toontown.

DSC_0486.jpg

We had fun checking out the little town...it was so cute! :goodvibes Here are a few pictures that we snapped...

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

On our way out, we noticed the train pulling in...

DSC_0491.jpg

We hopped on and rode all the way to New Orleans Square and just happened to be there in time for the Bayou Bash with Princess Tiana. :woohoo:

It was such a cute show! Here are a few pictures that I took...

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

I thought the costumes were so festive!!!

Continued in next post...
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45141212&postcount=270

Continued...

Being in the area and now in the Mardi Gras spirit, we decided to eat at Cafe' Orleans. :thumbsup2

DSC_0496.jpg

We were told the wait was about a half hour, but we were seated within 15 minutes. :goodvibes

DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

We started with the Pommes Frites...they were delish!

DSC_0499.jpg

For our entree, Chris and I had great debates over ordering. We both wanted to get the Monte Cristo and I suggested splitting one. Chris said he was quite hungry and thought we should both order one. Well, his eyes were bigger than his stomach!!! Here is a picture of the sandwich.

DSC_0500.jpg

It was delicious, but very LARGE! I left quite a bit of mine and Chris even left a portion of his sandwich. Lesson learned! :laughing:

We were so full after lunch that we wanted to wait for a few before going on another ride.

In the mean time, we decided to grab FPs for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

DSC_0501.jpg

Then it was time to head down Mainstreet USA! Look who we saw! :yay:

DSC_0502.jpg

Walt's light above the firestation...

DSC_0503.jpg

We decided to check out a few stores...I loved this display!

DSC_0504.jpg

These figurines were so unique!

DSC_0505.jpg

I was on the hunt for a Disneyland ornament, but hadn't found "the one" yet.

My search would have to wait because it was time to ride Indy! :yay:

DSC_0506.jpg

Here's Chris checking out the tunnels... :rotfl2:

DSC_0507.jpg

We both LOVE this ride...so much FUN!!!

After a great ride on Indy, it was time to use our FPs for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

DSC_0508.jpg

Can you spot the hidden Mickey?

DSC_0510.jpg

Here it is!
:goodvibes

DSC_0509.jpg

Up Next: Mickey's Soundsational Parade...great seats and a celebrity sighting!
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45213706&postcount=283

Great updated! I to agree that Space Mountain is much better at DL. I hate the bobsled version at WDW. Plus the music is really cool. The Indy ride is great! Reading this update makes me realize how much we need to make a trip back. I agree with you that the Monte Cristo needs to be shared. That sandwich is very filling!

DL's Toontown is so cute! Lots of fun stuff to explore back there.

I remember those pommes frites, yummy! I got the Monte Cristo too, but only ate a few bites, it was just too heavy for me, I ended up giving it Justin and eating his salad :thumbsup2

Of course you ate at New Orleans Square - where else? :confused3 Looks delicious. ITA - the Monte Cristo is very rich and filling. I usually end up leaving half on my plate, too.

Cute pics in Toontown! We like alot of the DLR rides better than the WDW rides - they seem to be longer and more updated.

Indy is my Fav at DL!!! So much fun! I'm with everyone else here - time to go back! I think we may go at Christmas!:woohoo:

I am absolutely loving your TR and pictures, it makes the wait for our trip in September just that little bit more bearable. You and your DH look so cute in your photos, you're both very photogenic:flower3:

Yeay for more New Orleans fun and the famous Monte Cristo! Too bad Chris didn't listen to you about sharing!

That Indy ride is one of the many reasons I want to take the family to Disneyland! I have to ride it one day! :thumbsup2

I just found your TR and I love it!! :cool1:

DH and I are looking at booking a trip to DL/Hollywood next Feb. Do you recall the name of the tour group you booked your LA tour with? It looked awesome! Also, how did you get to and from your WB's tour?

Is the Bayou Bash a parade or a stage show? Looks very cute! :thumbsup2

Good to know about the large portion size of the Monte Cristo!

Great updated! I to agree that Space Mountain is much better at DL. I hate the bobsled version at WDW. Plus the music is really cool. The Indy ride is great! Reading this update makes me realize how much we need to make a trip back.
I think it's time to book a trip! ;)

I agree with you that the Monte Cristo needs to be shared. That sandwich is very filling!
Oh my gosh...it was huge!!! :eek: But so good!!! :thumbsup2

DL's Toontown is so cute! Lots of fun stuff to explore back there.
I thought it was adorable!!! :goodvibes

I remember those pommes frites, yummy! I got the Monte Cristo too, but only ate a few bites, it was just too heavy for me, I ended up giving it Justin and eating his salad :thumbsup2
You were SMART!!! :thumbsup2 I felt bad leaving so much of mine, but I just couldn't eat that much of it either!

Of course you ate at New Orleans Square - where else? :confused3 Looks delicious. ITA - the Monte Cristo is very rich and filling. I usually end up leaving half on my plate, too.

I thought the sandwich was so delicious, but I just couldn't get over the size! :eek:

Cute pics in Toontown! We like alot of the DLR rides better than the WDW rides - they seem to be longer and more updated.
I agree! There are definitely a few rides at WDW that I wish they'd update! :thumbsup2

Indy is my Fav at DL!!! So much fun! I'm with everyone else here - time to go back! I think we may go at Christmas!:woohoo:
We love Indy too!!! :woohoo: Christmas time would be fun!!! We've gone to WDW at that time, but not DL yet!

I am absolutely loving your TR and pictures, it makes the wait for our trip in September just that little bit more bearable.
Thank you so much...your trip will be here before you know it!!! :yay:

You and your DH look so cute in your photos, you're both very photogenic:flower3:
Awe...thanks so much! :flower3:

Yeay for more New Orleans fun and the famous Monte Cristo! Too bad Chris didn't listen to you about sharing!
I know...lesson learned! :laughing:

That Indy ride is one of the many reasons I want to take the family to Disneyland! I have to ride it one day! :thumbsup2
You would LOVE it! It's such a great ride...one of our favorites! :thumbsup2

I just found your TR and I love it!! :cool1:
Thanks so much for checking it out!!! :flower3:

DH and I are looking at booking a trip to DL/Hollywood next Feb. Do you recall the name of the tour group you booked your LA tour with? It looked awesome! Also, how did you get to and from your WB's tour?
We used "Best Los Angeles Tours." Dmitry is the owner and the person who takes you around LA...he's full of great information!!! :goodvibes Since we didn't have a car, we decided to book our tour through "Starline Tours." We paid $1 more a person than we would have paid at WB and it included transportation right from Grauman's Chinese Theater! :thumbsup2 Happy planning!!! :woohoo:

Great trip report!:cool1:
Thanks so much! I appreciate you reading!!! :goodvibes

Is the Bayou Bash a parade or a stage show? Looks very cute! :thumbsup2

It was a show right down by the water! :thumbsup2

Good to know about the large portion size of the Monte Cristo!
It was HUGE!!! But so delicious! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter