Back to my Happy Place! FINAL UPDATE 6/28 - Pg. 20 Posts #291 & #292

Since Brooklynn is now tall enough to ride Space Mountain, I like the idea of the side by side seating, too. ;)

That lunch looks quite delicious...and very large. ::yes::

I loved whatever version of the Bayou Bash they had in WDW. It was so fun and colorful. I'd love for them to bring it back.

That red, white, and blue bandstand display is so cute!

It's so neat seeing Disneyland things. :goodvibes

Since Brooklynn is now tall enough to ride Space Mountain, I like the idea of the side by side seating, too. ;)
For some reason, it seems so much nicer! :thumbsup2

It was so good...I really couldn't believe the size though! :eek:

I loved whatever version of the Bayou Bash they had in WDW. It was so fun and colorful. I'd love for them to bring it back.
I bet it was great!!! I didn't know the Bayou Bash was ever in WDW! :goodvibes

:)

Glad you're enjoying the "other" side of Disney! :yay:

Mickey's Soundsational Parade...great seats and a celebrity sighting!

It was now 3:00 and the parade was scheduled for 4:00 p.m. We headed toward the train station to see what kind of seating was available. There happened to be an open bench right below the station, so we claimed our spot! :woohoo: Chris and I were so excited to see this parade because it was a new one for us!

Just before the parade began, we saw Jason Alexander (from Seinfeld) take a spot in the VIP section of the train station.

JasonAlexander.jpg

We didn't take his picture...
#1 Because he was with his family and we didn't want to bother him...
But more importantly,
#2 He is so short that while seated, from our angle, his head was completely blocked by the railing on the fence. :lmao:

On to the parade! It was lively, fun, and fantastic! Here are some of my shots...I'll let the pictures do the talking!
:yay:

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0525.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

Continued in next post... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45213752&postcount=284

Continued...
DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

The temperature had started to drop so we decided to head back to our hotel for jackets. On the way, I decided to redeem my free Coldstone birthday cake that was given to me by the Park Vue Inn. Check it out! :yay:

DSC_0542.jpg

And it was delish! Dinner of champions!!! Ha, ha! :rotfl2:

DSC_0543.jpg

In all actuality, we didn't need a "real" dinner because we were still full from the Monte Cristo from lunch! :eek:

Soon, we grabbed a cup of coffee from our hotel lobby and headed back for our night in the park!
:goodvibes

Up Next: Our Last Night in Disneyland!
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45318284&postcount=291

Gorgeous parade pics! What settings do you use when taking those? I tend to get a few good ones, and a lot of blurry ones.....

Nothing wrong with cake for dinner when you're on vacation :thumbsup2

Wow, that parade looked nice! It looks even better than the one in the Magic Kingdom.

S-C-O-R-E on the the bench seat! :yay: Those are really great pics you took of the parade! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see more!

Your comment about Brooklynn beint tall enough to ride Space Mountain made me smile. DGS, 5 just got back from DLR this week. He rode SM and when I asked him about it, he said, "it's horrible! I'm never going on it again!" When asked why, he said, " It's too dark, It's too fast, and there's not even any planets in there!" :rotfl2:

Hi Lynne! What a pretty parade! Or maybe it's just because you got so many beautiful princess pics. :goodvibes

Celebrity spotting - so cool!:cool1: I always think if I actually met a celeb, I would forget their name, and be like, "Hey! You're THAT guy..." I wonder how they get the VIP treatment? Do they have an agent call ahead and arrange it? I can just see him walking in to GS and asking and the poor CM not recognizing him or something., :rotfl2:

Yumm, I think that cake would make a wonderful dinner.

Looking forward to your last night - although it's sad that it's your last night.:sad2:

Gorgeous parade pics! What settings do you use when taking those? I tend to get a few good ones, and a lot of blurry ones.....
Thank you so much! :flower3: I usually put it on "P" so that I can control where I want the lens to focus! :thumbsup2

Nothing wrong with cake for dinner when you're on vacation :thumbsup2
Exactly my thoughts! :goodvibes

Wow, that parade looked nice! It looks even better than the one in the Magic Kingdom.
We really enjoyed it!!! :yay:

S-C-O-R-E on the the bench seat! :yay:
YES!!! We got really lucky! :goodvibes

Those are really great pics you took of the parade! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Thanks so much! :flower3:

Can't wait to see more!
Final update coming right up! :thumbsup2

Hi Lynne! What a pretty parade! Or maybe it's just because you got so many beautiful princess pics. :goodvibes
Hi Tammie! :goodvibes It was a really pretty parade! :laughing:

Celebrity spotting - so cool!:cool1: I always think if I actually met a celeb, I would forget their name, and be like, "Hey! You're THAT guy..." I wonder how they get the VIP treatment? Do they have an agent call ahead and arrange it? I can just see him walking in to GS and asking and the poor CM not recognizing him or something., :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: I LOVE it!!! I bet they do have their agents call. 5 years ago Chris and I were lucky enough to sit in the VIP section and our name was on a list. They were pretty strict too...many people TRIED to sneak in. :lmao:

Yumm, I think that cake would make a wonderful dinner.
It was so good! :woohoo:

Looking forward to your last night - although it's sad that it's your last night.:sad2:
I know...bitter sweet, right! ;)

Our Last Night in Disneyland!

After a quick break back at our hotel, we soon entered the park and headed straight for Buzz...Chris was wanting to play again!

DSC_0545-1.jpg

Of course he beat me again, but we both managed to get much higher scores than our first attempt, so we were happy! :thumbsup2 We soon made our way up to the castle so that we could take a few night shots.

DSC_0546-1.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

The crowds were picking up even more than earlier because the second parade was about to start and the fireworks would be soon after. Chris and I decided that this would be a great time to revisit a couple of our favorite rides...Pirates and the Haunted Mansion. After these two fantastic rides, we headed back to Mainstreet to find spots for the fireworks. The crowds were HUGE by this point in time and we just made our way in with the rest of them!

DSC_0556.jpg

Soon enough, the lights went out and the show began. :yay: The fireworks were AMAZING, as are all Disney productions! I was able to freehand a few shots...no tripod due to the crazy amount of people!

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0563.jpg

DSC_0573.jpg

And here's my favorite..."When you wish upon a star!"

DSC_0560.jpg

This was truly the BEST way we could have ended our trip. I got a little teary-eyed watching the fireworks...partly because of how magical Disney truly is and partly because I knew we would be heading home the next day. :sad1:

At the end of the fireworks, we made our way into a few of the stores and I was finally able to purchase my Disney ornament for the trip.

DSC_0575.jpg

I also snapped a picture of this figurine which I absolutely adore.

DSC_0576.jpg

Chris and I walked hand-in-hand down Mainstreet USA, with a slight pause to glance at Walt's light before leaving the park. It was here that I made a silent wish before walking out.

DSC_0578.jpg

We smiled as we walked back to our hotel and Chris said that this trip was even more fun than he imagined it would be! :woohoo:

Before going to bed, we made a "toast" to our wonderful trip!

DSC_0579.jpg

Continued in next post...
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45318317&postcount=292

Continued...

The next morning, we woke up bright and early to catch our flight home. We were definitely sad to be leaving.

Thankfully, I scheduled the car service to bring us to the airport early. The lady at the baggage check sent us to the wrong gate. :eek: Yes, the flight was headed to MI, but the flight number was different. We realized we were at the wrong gate when there was an announcement about a switched aircraft and about 50 people no longer had seats on the plane. Our flight was taking off from a different terminal altogether! Thank goodness we didn't have to go through security again!!! :thumbsup2

Looking back at our trip, we had an AMAZING adventure! It was really exciting being in Hollywood for the Oscar prep and probably a good thing we left when we did! Being in Disney was magical as always and we greatly enjoyed our time spent there. Yes, our trip was very full in the short week that we had, but I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a thing! We enjoyed seeing the sights, but more importantly, we loved spending time together! :goodvibes

I would like to take the time to say thank you to all of my readers for sharing your time with me. :flower3: I hope you enjoyed the ride! I don't know when we'll be back in Disney again, but when we are, I hope to "see you" again on my future reports!!!

What a great way to end the trip! Disneyland is such a magical place. I hope that you enjoy the summer. Are you doing any trips over the summer?

Great parade pictures! Looks like a fun parade! Was the music just as festive?

As always, great report! Thanks for sharing this trip with us. I loved hearing about your CA adventures as well as Disneyland! :goodvibes

P.S. I hope the silent wish you made outside Walt's window comes true! :wizard:

What a great way to end the trip! Disneyland is such a magical place.
It really is magical!!! :goodvibes

I hope that you enjoy the summer.
I hope you enjoy your summer too!!! :thumbsup2

Are you doing any trips over the summer?
We are...non-Disney though. We're going to Boston and Las Vegas!!! :yay: I see you have a few Disney tickers...I'm definitely jealous!

Great parade pictures! Looks like a fun parade! Was the music just as festive?

Thank you! :flower3: The music was great...it really "fit" the parade!

As always, great report! Thanks for sharing this trip with us. I loved hearing about your CA adventures as well as Disneyland! :goodvibes
Thank you! I loved reliving my experiences!!! :yay: Thanks so much for reading!!!

P.S. I hope the silent wish you made outside Walt's window comes true! :wizard:
Awe...you are too sweet! Thank you! :hug:

I see you have a few Disney tickers...I'm definitely jealous!

We are hoping to still go on our cruise in December. If we can move back to MI by September than it is definitely a go. If we can't we don't know because I don't want to take the baby to Mexico.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter