Backstage Magic Questions

fliplover101

Earning My Ears
I'm currently considering booking a 2010 Backstage Magic tour, as this seems to be one of the few tours that's gone down in price (not including last year's EBD-way too unorganized to ever have had a chance at that!), but I have a few questions.

First, how much history and insight educationally do you get on this tour? OBVIOUSLY it is a vacation first and foremost, but I want to get something substantial out of the tour-do you get more information than you could read in a normal history/trivia book on Disneyland? This is very important to me-I've considered writing my thesis on the Disney Company's influence on modern society/take on history/etc. and if I took this trip I would not only want to relax but also gather more information.

Also, how much 'other' stuff do you have to pay for on this trip? If I ate cheap the four non-included meals and drove rather than flew, didn't get expensive or many souvenirs, would I need to spend more than another 200 or so dollars after what I pay for the tour overall? How much is the single supplement usually? (I don't know if any friends will want to go with yet). Do you have to buy insurance? After taxes etc., how much do you actually have to pay?

Thanks!

I'm currently considering booking a 2010 Backstage Magic tour, as this seems to be one of the few tours that's gone down in price (not including last year's EBD-way too unorganized to ever have had a chance at that!), but I have a few questions.

First, how much history and insight educationally do you get on this tour? OBVIOUSLY it is a vacation first and foremost, but I want to get something substantial out of the tour-do you get more information than you could read in a normal history/trivia book on Disneyland? This is very important to me-I've considered writing my thesis on the Disney Company's influence on modern society/take on history/etc. and if I took this trip I would not only want to relax but also gather more information.

Also, how much 'other' stuff do you have to pay for on this trip? If I ate cheap the four non-included meals and drove rather than flew, didn't get expensive or many souvenirs, would I need to spend more than another 200 or so dollars after what I pay for the tour overall? How much is the single supplement usually? (I don't know if any friends will want to go with yet). Do you have to buy insurance? After taxes etc., how much do you actually have to pay?

Thanks!

Here is a TR I read. She will answer your question. It is the best BSM tour TR I've seen.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2035488

Thanks!

The Tour is great and you get to go places and see things that no other tour company can do. I went this past June and imagineering was awesome. That is not open to th public or any other tours but the ABD tour. If y ou wan to learn about Disney History and see Disney history then this is the tour.

The single supplement is about 40% of the full price, I pay it all the time.

As for spending money if you can find inexpensive food and don't really go hogwild on souveniers you should be fine with $200-$300 in spendin money.

thanks for the link and the info! 40% supplement? Maybe I can convince the brother to come along, family reunion trip! :banana:

I'm a pretty big Disney/Walt history buff and this trip was wonderful for me. I 'knew' about 80% of what we were told, but the being there and actually seeing it and being in the middle of it was unbeatable. There was alot of little trivia things I didn't know, but it is the immersion into that culture that was so fascinating and can't be duplicated outside the trip. You also have amazing contact with your guides and they were very freindly and happy to talk about all things Disney with you. The trip to Walt's apartment actually gives a Disney freak goosebumps, and the inside look at Imagineering and the Studios was terriffic. It was a great mix of Disney insight and Walt info..things like talking to people at the Barn was priceless. You will not regret this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter