Backstage Magic

pudinhd

DIS Veteran
I have been looking at the Backstage Magic adventure since I first heard about it. The challenge is that we live in Southern California, and have annual passports at Disneyland. It’s a lot of money, considering it’s so close to home for us. Has anyone else that lives in the area done this ABD? I have been inside Disney Studios, and seen the archives (way cool), but I still really want to do all of the extras, especially visiting Walt’s apartment inside Disneyland. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

I did send them an email months and months ago asking about that. I was told it's all a package, and parts of the package cannot be removed to discount the price. Maybe I'll try to call and see if something could be worked out.

I am an annual passholder and was on the first tour in April. No annual passholder rates were given at the time. They told me that going in off season was the reduced rate. I received daily park passes along with the remainder of the group. Killed me knowing I already had my AP. But, I used my AP as I wanted to make sure I would have no problems when purchasing with a discount. It was an amazing trip that I am still not over. You think you have seen everything as an AP holder, but there is so much more and its really is special. You have probably read all of our blogs? With everything you get to see and do, the meals, the hotels, transportation, two guides, and experts for each place and surprises makes it all worth it. Our group still emails each other. The second part of a podcast was released yesterday. I can email you the link if you have not heard it. Listening to them talk about it brings back all of the fun we had. :goodvibes

jacksparrowfan.......I would love to be pointed in the direction of the podcast.
I read all the blogs I could find. Did you do one?
I am anxiously awaiting more trip reports while I wait until December for my turn.

jacksparrowfan.......I would love to be pointed in the direction of the podcast.
I read all the blogs I could find. Did you do one?
I am anxiously awaiting more trip reports while I wait until December for my turn.

I hope I can post it here. If not, I will PM you. This is the site:
http://www.windowtothemagic.com/

Click on "podcast"
Then, down towards the middle you will see "click here to play" below that is "listen now", click on that.

Part #1 is #148 and part #2 is #151

Great to relive our trip! They did a great job!

My review is here: http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=388&cat=86
(Second review after the blog)

I am anxious to read a review since ours, but I haven't found anything. Sailing Beagle promises to write something here next week when they return.

Sailing Beagle has just landed and it was the vacation of a lifetime....
I will begin to write the trip report over the weekend.

I loved it so much , I am trying to convince DH to book it again ...

The trip exceeded all my expectations and thode were very high.

Feel free to PM me any specific questions prior or after the trip report.

Sailing Beagle has just landed and it was the vacation of a lifetime....
I will begin to write the trip report over the weekend.

I loved it so much , I am trying to convince DH to book it again ...

The trip exceeded all my expectations and thode were very high.

Feel free to PM me any specific questions prior or after the trip report.

Yeh...your back!!! See? It was special, wasn't it! Did you have Quinn and Diana? I hope they added something else to see at Disney Studios. What was your special surprise after Jim Henson Studios? I can't wait to read your trip report! I want to go again and hope to go with a group of friends. Just waiting for 2009 to be released.

Yeh...your back!!! See? It was special, wasn't it! Did you have Quinn and Diana? I hope they added something else to see at Disney Studios. What was your special surprise after Jim Henson Studios? I can't wait to read your trip report! I want to go again and hope to go with a group of friends. Just waiting for 2009 to be released.

We had Quinn and Robyn ( Deanna is off to Italy for 6 weeks) I cannot say enough wonderful things aout them. It was the Train Barn at Griffth Park and we got to ride the train 3 times..( our group was small) ....There were 2 other big surprises but I promised Quinn I would not post them so PM me.

I want to go back now.....You plan for so long, anticipate the exciting moments and then in a wink of an eye..it's over....

I am uploading photos now.

Must start planning my next ABD to keep my spirits up

jacksparrowfan......thanks for those links. I will be exploring those when I get time.

sailingbeagle.......glad you had a great time & I will be looking for your trip report.

One more week and we start our Backstage Magic. Thanks in advance for posting your trip report. I can't wait to hear about your wonderful experience.

I've been watching the boards for SailingBeagle to come back from the Backstage Magic trip! Glad to hear you had a great adventure. We are booked for the August 12th Backstage Magic tour and can't wait.

Am looking forward to reading about SailingBeagle's trip and listening to the podcast from the first Adventure. Thanks everyone!

Very exciting! Have a great time!!! I hope you will post a trip report when you return. :)

Thanks to all who have already posted I can tell we are in for the GREATEST of times. I'm keeping details of trip reports away from DH and DD so they are complete surprised. I will love to share our experience with all. I can't believe that this time next week we will be in California.:yay:

I am getting very excited vicariously for you. You are in for an unbelievably magical experience. :thumbsup2

Thanks to all who have already posted I can tell we are in for the GREATEST of times. I'm keeping details of trip reports away from DH and DD so they are complete surprised. I will love to share our experience with all. I can't believe that this time next week we will be in California.:yay:

Just to let you know your guides will be Robyn and Micheal..Quinn is back to the office for a few weeks. All I can say about Robyn is she Rocks..she is the sweetest , most caring and energentic person you would ever like to me,

Have a great trip.........

I've been watching the boards for SailingBeagle to come back from the Backstage Magic trip! Glad to hear you had a great adventure. We are booked for the August 12th Backstage Magic tour and can't wait.

Am looking forward to reading about SailingBeagle's trip and listening to the podcast from the first Adventure. Thanks everyone!

Hey Stacyz ... we'll be joining you on the 12th... it's just my daughter (17) and I (we won't say how hold ;) )

Came home today to find a parcel waiting for me.... My ABD package for my August 12 tour arrived :banana:. I wasn't expecting it this early ... but definitely makes the countdown more real. Only 54 days to go. (We arrive on the 10th)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter