Backstage Magic

Sailingbeagle........I am loving your report. I would love to see a picture of the loot from Mickey's of Glendales. I think I can guess what your surprise was at DL. I will pm you to see if I am right. My DH keeps saying you are going to ruin all our surprises by reading these blogs........but I just can't seem to stay away. Inquiring minds want to know.:lmao:

Wait, Michael is going to be someone's guide. He was mine for the tour. All I can say is that he is incredible. And that he's the creator of the Great American Buzz Lightyear Churro (or FastPass) Challenge. He's just that awesome.

I know sailingbeagle was going away for a few days.........but I am ready for more blog. popcorn::

Sailingbeagle........I am loving your report. I would love to see a picture of the loot from Mickey's of Glendales. I think I can guess what your surprise was at DL. I will pm you to see if I am right. My DH keeps saying you are going to ruin all our surprises by reading these blogs........but I just can't seem to stay away. Inquiring minds want to know.:lmao:

I too read all the blogs prior to our trip but kept them from DH and DD. I'm glad I did because things changed and they would have been disappointed.
So please be aware that what you read can change for your trip. If you'd like I could tell you what was different on our trip.

Being on the first official trip, I knew that things would change after we went. I am ok with that, though. We had such a special time that all of us loved. It was our experience at that moment in time. Our group bonded and it made it better. None of us will ever forget it. It was stated that we would be at the Vineyard for our goodbye dinner. We ended up at the Disneyland Hotel and it was special! We loved it! I have seen that SailingBeagles trip was different and had a couple of very special visits. One of them that we REALLY wanted to see but was not able to. But, it's ok. (I have enjoyed asking her about her experiences!) Every trip will have special added details and visits. It is what makes it special and different for everyone. It's only going to get more special as this tour goes on. Maybe they will add the Archives for all to see one day and not just DVC. I had asked Hack to read his blog before our trip. Instead of reading it, I ended up just asking questions which he was awesome and made my trip all the better. I didn't want to be the first group, but we ended up being that due to cancellations of the first two weeks. I still don't feel bad about it at all. Loved it!

I too read all the blogs prior to our trip but kept them from DH and DD. I'm glad I did because things changed and they would have been disappointed.
So please be aware that what you read can change for your trip. If you'd like I could tell you what was different on our trip.

We would love to read about your trip. Please do! Would love to know the differences of what you experienced. Even the ones that are the same. Since you left June 22nd, yours ended this morning? Looking forward to reading more... popcorn::

What do you mean by adding the Archives for all and not just DVC? Do they have different people seeing different things? We are booked for this trip in December and very much looking forward to it. Thanks.

What do you mean by adding the Archives for all and not just DVC? Do they have different people seeing different things? We are booked for this trip in December and very much looking forward to it. Thanks.

This thread is for those going on the September DVC tour. They mention a few extra special treats that will be included for them (read #13 that mentions the Archives):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1796504

I am stating that maybe someday they will add it to the tour for all to see and not just this tour. We were not able to see it on our tour in April. Someday....maybe....hopefully? :hyper: It seems they are adding surprises along the way. I think it's wonderful!

Since you are going in December, there may be more surprises in store. Just never know. It will be extra special with the holiday decorations. Fun!

I was one of those, I gotta know before I go and read every blog and asked a million questions of Hack2112 and the 1st group. I knew that things that both prior groups did ,may not be on mine, so I was prepared.
But I loved having all the info ahead of time. It allowed me to prepare
for free time and what I wanted to see that was not included in the trip.
ie I did the Kodak theater the day we arrived.

I had a long conversation with a ABD person this week about booking my next trip and since I am considering doing it over a Holiday, I wanted to make sure, highlights that I am booking this trip for would be change.

She assured me that if something would change , it would be substituted
with something even better. She told me that the guides actually have a plan b, for almost everytrip in case at the last minute has to be changed.
I believe they really do try to make all trips as magical as possible.

I was one of those, I gotta know before I go and read every blog and asked a million questions of Hack2112 and the 1st group. I knew that things that both prior groups did ,may not be on mine, so I was prepared.
I love how I was separated from the first group people. It makes me feel special inside.

I too am curious about the changes. I think it's kind of cool that each trip seems to be unique with a few small differences leaves that element of surprise for those of us like to be in the know before we go. As long as the fundamentals stay the same like Imagineering & getting to see Walt's apartment then there is no way I could be disappointed.
Hurry up December.

Please don't worry about your trip as the greatest parts of the tour are the same. Walt's apartment, Imagineering, Mickey's of Glendale, etc. are all included. Our tour differences didn't change the fact that this is a wonderful trip with many lasting memories. The people you meet, the places you go, the things you see, the food you eat makes this trip magical. Little changes we experienced didn't change the quality of the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter