Backstage Magic

As great as this tour was I do have some concerns with their "Plan B" approach. I was very surprised to find out that they had a "Plan B" location if the Jim Henson Studio was not available. As a complete and total Muppet fan first then a Disney fan I would have been crushed if they had subsituted some other place for JHS. This was really why we did this tour. The Disney stuff was great but it was really all about seeing the birthplace of the Muppets.

Granted I did not spend alot of time on the phone discussing this tour with ABD. I did state that we were booking it because of the Jim Henson Studio tour. It was never mentioned that this location might be skipped. This may be because they knew for a fact that the Studio was available. I fully understand that may have to subsitute things but I don't think it was really noted strongly enough that a major point of the tour (to me anyway :) ) could be skipped.

I would like to mention that this was my second tour with ABD. We did the Southwest Splendors last year. We may have been spoiled by that tour since it runs with military precision. :rotfl:

The guides were great. We still email and talk with both of ours.

Aunt Cawa ----When did you find out about the "Plan B"...I would have been
more upset over that then the Train Barn coming off the agenda.??
Aunt Cawa and Jack Sparrow - my computer crash, had to buy a new one and lost all my email addresses..please email me so I have yours again.

I booked 2009...how about you guys?

Aunt Cawa and Jack Sparrow - my computer crash, had to buy a new one and lost all my email addresses..please email me so I have yours again.

I'm just going to go with the flow and see what happens. More than likely, I'll do a trip next year.

Sailing Beagle,

Quinn mentioned that there was another location that would be used if JHS was not available. Sorry but I was so stunned :scared1: I forget what location he said.

Sorry about your computer. That is such a pain. Will drop you a note!:thumbsup2

I leave on Sunday for my tour on Tuesday. Should I be concerned about not seeing JHS. :scared1:

No. ABD has backups for everything. They're for when something goes incredibly wrong and the can't go anywhere.

MJ can't wait to read your blog.......

How did JHS getting skipped get brought up????????? Interesting fact to note....I am a huge Rick Springfield fan & part of his brand new CD release was recorded somewhere at Jim Henson Studios....he talked about it in his diary & it's on the CD liner notes. :cool1:

I just had the same problem!!!! One year old computer, and the hard drive failed. Lost all email addresses and internet bookmarks. I will send you a pm. Email me so I can get you back on my list. Working with my friends for another Backstage Magic Tour. We are looking at May right now. I really want to see Ireland thru ABD too. So hard to decide. Email me what you ended up booking!

All four guides are amazing. They are great people and you're guaranteed to have a good time with them. They get brought out of their normal Disney job for a reason.

Four Guides! That soudns amazing. Now that's the type of attention I expect from Disney employees.

Is that you, sailingbeagle? It's a small world after all, isn't it? As I never thought I'd be part of a tour group about which someone would blog.

In that one photo, the stuffed Mickey that "Rocking" Robyn and Quinn "the Eskimo" are holding? That's mine.

You can see me holding it in the group photo taken in front of the castle. I'd be the fourth one on the left.

Is that you, sailingbeagle? It's a small world after all, isn't it? As I never thought I'd be part of a tour group about which someone would blog.

In that one photo, the stuffed Mickey that "Rocking" Robyn and Quinn "the Eskimo" are holding? That's mine.

You can see me holding it in the group photo taken in front of the castle. I'd be the fourth one on the left.

Elmer, is that you? Where have you been????? Did you go to Down under??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter