BAD Disney Experience...

I think it's great that a CM would chime in and give their perspective. Thanks for following up, ETales.

Why dig up a 5 month old thread that was apparently contentious at some points, but nicely died on its own?

Thanks Larry. Vicki not intentional when you do a search on the board it doesn't specified if the thread is too old. I just opened and got caught reading the whole thing, figure I put in my .02 cents. It wasn't until you mention it that I read the date, I just assumed the board would eliminate the older threads.

I love reading all these threads about magical moments at Disney, and I think I'd read so many of them before my last trip I thought every minute would be like heaven. But the first day were were there with our 3 year old, we had this experience:

We were walking outside Germany when we saw Snow White! It was the first time she'd seen any character. There was hardly a line, so we walked up there and waited. Then, the handler told me that Snow White needed to take a break and would be back in 15 minutes. I didn't think my 3-year old would wait that long, but she sat there, more patiently than I'd ever seen her, just waiting. While she was waiting, she picked a flower for Snow White, thought of questions she'd ask her, etc. etc. Well, 15 minutes became 20, and 20 became 30. I wanted to leave, but I couldn't do that to my daughter. Finally, the photographer came out and said that Snow White was "busy helping the dwarves" and couldn't come out (she'd actually gotten sick).

Well, my daughter was hysterical. She cried and cried and cried and nothing I could do would make her feel better. The other cast members there just shrugged and said they were sorry. I felt like that at the happiest place on earth, they could have at least done SOMETHING to make her feel better. Instead, they just sent us off on our way. My daughter was devastated and just wanted to go home. I did, too. They could see that, and they didn't seem to care.

After that, things did get better, and we did have a magical trip, obviously, or else we wouldn't be going back. And she did get to meet Snow White (and all the dwarves) eventually. But has anyone had something like that happen to them? And did the cast members do anything to try to make things better?

Aw....so glad things turned up and that must have been so sad for your little one. It would have been nice if they excorted you to another character front of line or something to make up for your wait and dissapointment. or something. But I can also see why that might not have occurred to a CM as it was an unavoidable unfortuante incident it sounds like.

Why dig up a 5 month old thread that was apparently contentious at some points, but nicely died on its own?

Just what I was thinking..why?.........I feel some poeple just need to have the drama! and when they dont have any, you dig out old stuff.

AKK

Just what I was thinking..why?.........I feel some poeple just need to have the drama! and when they dont have any, you dig out old stuff.

Maybe you missed this:

Vicki not intentional when you do a search on the board it doesn't specified if the thread is too old. I just opened and got caught reading the whole thing, figure I put in my .02 cents. It wasn't until you mention it that I read the date, I just assumed the board would eliminate the older threads.

Who's creating drama? ;)

Thanks Larry. Vicki not intentional when you do a search on the board it doesn't specified if the thread is too old. I just opened and got caught reading the whole thing, figure I put in my .02 cents. It wasn't until you mention it that I read the date, I just assumed the board would eliminate the older threads.

I see. Nothing on the DIS ever really goes away...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter