Lexi- Cinderella
CJ- Hiro
Allie - Minnie

Linda- Minnie
John- Stitch

We're getting so close! So excited!

Awesome! I updated the spreadsheet! :badpc:

Only 32 days until :boat: !!!:dance3:

Our FE shipped, so any day now. I have all of the gifts done and labeled and plenty for pixie dust too!! Our boys don't know so holding back the excitement is hard. I'm sure they are sick of hearing how many days until the cruise at work. The boys helped make the magnets and the labels, they just think it is for sometime in July. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I will include your cabin with my personal FE gifts if you would like since there are only 2 cabins in your pixie dust group? I am in the Oswald group. Let me know. Thank you!
Thank you... I am trying to figure out exactly how many gifts to bring. It sounds like there will be a total including me of three cabins in our Pixie Fish Extender Group. This is our first cruise, and I am definitely still trying to figure it all out. Could you please tell me how many in your cabin and what their ages are?

I will include your cabin with my personal FE gifts if you would like since there are only 2 cabins in your pixie dust group? I am in the Oswald group. Let me know. Thank you!

Regs, I just figured out where to look and I believe we have six cabins now in our Pixie Fish Extender Group.... that might be enough for us first timers! I so appreciate you offering to include us! We might be okay on our own now! :)
I hope to meet you on the boat, and thank you for being so inclusive!

:boat:Ahoy Mateys! Be sure to check the first post for the latest updates and important information! Check out the FE Deck maps!
See Ya On Board

Last edited:
Hi all, I just found this thread - this will be my very first Disney Cruise. Can't wait.
This will be my DD(5) first cruise ever and I'd love to meet up with other Dis-ers who have kids around the same age. She is a social butterfly.

We're in stateroom 5020 & 5022 and celebrating our 1st DCL and 3 birthdays (DD 5, grandpa 70 and grandma 69).

Sorry for sounding like a total noob, I'm well versed in all things WDW but I have no clue about DCL.

Can someone explain what these FE maps, or gifts are and what or how do I sign up?

Last edited:
Hi all, I just found this thread - this will be my very first Disney Cruise. Can't wait.
This will be my DD(5) first cruise ever and I'd love to meet up with other Dis-ers who have kids around the same age. She is a social butterfly.

We're in stateroom 5020 & 5022 and celebrating our 1st DCL and 3 birthdays (DD 5, grandpa 70 and grandma 69).

Sorry for sounding like a total noob, I'm well versed in all things WDW but I have no clue about DCL.

Can someone explain what these FE maps, or gifts are and what or how do I sign up?

:welcome: Welcome moobar25 and Family!

Congrats on your first Disney Cruise! You're gonna have a blast! "FE" stands for Fish Extender. Next to all cabin doors on the ship is a note holder that your stateroom host uses to leave various notices. The note holder is usually in the shape of a fish or a sea horse. The "extender" is a set of pouches that people hang from the note holder to exchange small gifts with other people in a Fish Extender group. There are a lot of threads on the DIS that go into great detail explaining FE groups. In fact there's one with pics on the first page of this thread.

Our FE groups are closed since it sooo close to the cruise. However, I can't turn anyone away! That being said, please do not expect too much from folks because you are signing up very late; I started this thread about a year ago, so most of us pretty much have all our gifts ready to go if not already packed! But many also bring a few extra things to spread some Pixie Dust. You would also be expected to provide small gifts for others in our group; either cabin gifts or individual gifts....at this point I'd recommend sticking with cabin gifts. So if you are still interested after this explanation on FE groups, I will add you to a White Rabbit FE list. You've pretty much given most of the info I need, could you please post your names and if there any food allergies in your group.

Cheers!
Eric

Last edited:
:welcome: Welcome moobar25 and Family!

Our FE groups are closed since it sooo close to the cruise. However, I can't turn anyone away! That being said, please do not expect too much from folks because you are signing up very late; I started this thread about a year ago, so most of us pretty much have all our gifts ready to go if not already packed! But many also bring a few extra things to spread some Pixie Dust. You would also be expected to provide small gifts for others in our group; either cabin gifts or individual gifts....at this point I'd recommend sticking with cabin gifts. So if you are still interested after this explanation on FE groups, I will add you to a White Rabbit FE list. You've pretty much given most of the info I need, could you please post your names and if there any food allergies in your group.

Cheers!
Eric

Well thank you Eric for including me in your meet and explaining all the FE stuff. I just read the entire thread - now I get it. I didn't realize this was a gift exchange thing - just figured we'd meet up somewhere. LOL I'm very new to all of this, heck I didn't book the cruise until December and got my cabin assigned in January. We're super thrilled that we got the cabins we wanted and connecting too!!!

I have a couple questions - and I apologize if they seem really basic and stupid:
The gifts to exchange with other cabins - is it one per day or just one for the cruise?
Are they supposed to be wrapped or no?
I've read that they can be bought or handmade - what is the price point?
Is it safe to assume that people walking by won't steal from the extenders?

It would be great to join in the fun. I understand that I'm late late late to the party so if anyone would like to include us in the exchange that would be great. The only one that is important and would get the biggest kick out of it is my DD Barbara (5) - this is her birthday present and celebration. Here is the additional information you asked for:

5020: Monika (DW) & Matt (DH) & Barbara (5)
no allergies
Barbara loves all the princesses, Moana #1 right now

5022: Dziadzio (grandpa) & Babcia Anna (grandma)
no allergies
not big Disney fans but they're crazy about their granddaughter

I finished reading the majority of this thread. I recall that some of you were asking if anyone is going to WDW before or after.

We're starting at BCV a couple days early just to get the Disney fix. Had to rearrange our one day in the park to include the long awaited River of Lights!!! Can't wait. Speaking of - I have 5 FP to cancel for ROL on 2/25 if anyone was looking.
Then after the cruise we're heading back to BWV and going to the DVC after hours party on the 3rd. Then back home.

I can't believe there's only 12 days left!!!

Well thank you Eric for including me in your meet and explaining all the FE stuff. I just read the entire thread - now I get it. I didn't realize this was a gift exchange thing - just figured we'd meet up somewhere. LOL I'm very new to all of this, heck I didn't book the cruise until December and got my cabin assigned in January. We're super thrilled that we got the cabins we wanted and connecting too!!!

I have a couple questions - and I apologize if they seem really basic and stupid:
The gifts to exchange with other cabins - is it one per day or just one for the cruise?
Are they supposed to be wrapped or no?
I've read that they can be bought or handmade - what is the price point?
Is it safe to assume that people walking by won't steal from the extenders?

It would be great to join in the fun. I understand that I'm late late late to the party so if anyone would like to include us in the exchange that would be great. The only one that is important and would get the biggest kick out of it is my DD Barbara (5) - this is her birthday present and celebration. Here is the additional information you asked for:

5020: Monika (DW) & Matt (DH) & Barbara (5)
no allergies
Barbara loves all the princesses, Moana #1 right now

5022: Dziadzio (grandpa) & Babcia Anna (grandma)
no allergies
not big Disney fans but they're crazy about their granddaughter

Hi Monika,

- one gift for the duration of the cruise is fine. Just be sure to make deliveries before Thursday afternoon, as everyone will start packing to leave then.
- wrapped/unwrapped....pretty much up to you, but I don't remember seeing any wrapped gifts on our last cruise
- price point - nothing expensive, I've seen everything from small flashlights that Harbor Freight gives away decorated with Disney stickers, and inexpensive magnets to Disney mixed audio CDs. Some people like to give a little memento of where they are from.
- I wouldn't say it is safe to assume gifts might not be swiped from FE pouches. Unfortunately this has happened, but it is not the norm.

Normally there is a meet involved, but we're going to the DVC meet and greet (I hear there are free adult beverages!). So I did not organize a meet along with the FE gift exchange. However, >>>SPOILER ALERT<<< we will be making our deliveries the first night, and included with the deliveries will be lime green "Bahama Dreamin" wristbands so we can identify each other while on the cruise!

Cheers!
Eric

I finished reading the majority of this thread. I recall that some of you were asking if anyone is going to WDW before or after.

We're starting at BCV a couple days early just to get the Disney fix. Had to rearrange our one day in the park to include the long awaited River of Lights!!! Can't wait. Speaking of - I have 5 FP to cancel for ROL on 2/25 if anyone was looking.
Then after the cruise we're heading back to BWV and going to the DVC after hours party on the 3rd. Then back home.

I can't believe there's only 12 days left!!!

We are flying into Sarasota on Saturday to see family for a bit, then driving to WDW on Sunday and staying the night at SSR. After the cruise, we're going back to Sarasota....but are going to the DVC after hours party as well! Then we fly out of Sarasota Sat morning.

Hi Monika,

- one gift for the duration of the cruise is fine. Just be sure to make deliveries before Thursday afternoon, as everyone will start packing to leave then.
- wrapped/unwrapped....pretty much up to you, but I don't remember seeing any wrapped gifts on our last cruise
- price point - nothing expensive, I've seen everything from small flashlights that Harbor Freight gives away decorated with Disney stickers, and inexpensive magnets to Disney mixed audio CDs. Some people like to give a little memento of where they are from.
- I wouldn't say it is safe to assume gifts might not be swiped from FE pouches. Unfortunately this has happened, but it is not the norm.

Normally there is a meet involved, but we're going to the DVC meet and greet (I hear there are free adult beverages!). So I did not organize a meet along with the FE gift exchange. However, >>>SPOILER ALERT<<< we will be making our deliveries the first night, and included with the deliveries will be lime green "Bahama Dreamin" wristbands so we can identify each other while on the cruise!

Cheers!
Eric
DVC MEET AND GREET??? Yet another thing I did not know about. Do you mind telling me the what, where, when, how, who and why? LOL

DVC MEET AND GREET??? Yet another thing I did not know about. Do you mind telling me the what, where, when, how, who and why? LOL

Well...this is our first cruise as DVC members...we just pulled the trigger last year. So I don't have any personal experience...BUT according to a very recent ships entertainment schedule...called the Personal Navigator, the DVC meet and greet takes place at 2:30 in the D-Lounge, deck 4 mid-ship on embarkation day. I've also heard that DVC members receive a phone call from DVC about a week prior to the cruise, again no personal experience...just what I've heard from others. So hopefully we'll both be receiving phone calls from DVC this week!

BTW, have you downloaded the Disney Cruise Line app to your phone(s) yet?

Ahoy Mateys! Normally a meet and greet goes along with doing FE exchanges...I haven't done this because we'll be attending the DVC meet & greet for the first time. Soooo, in order for us to identify each other, we are providing lime green Bahama Dreamin wrist bands for everyone. We'll make deliveries to everyone's cabin sometime after we get our luggage delivered. So be sure and wear your wristbands!!

See ya real soon!!!:mickeyjum

Cheers!
Eric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter