Bay Lake tower 1 bedroom villa lake view vs standard view

Early, early on, we had a lake view that was maybe one floor above yours, and I complained because we were really a pool view, not higher than the slide. MS agreed with me and gave me the points back. I am sorry to hear they gave you something so low and called it lake view.

We did standard one year-the view was pretty bad in my opinion-it was the room right above where people walk in, so you're looking at the parking lot, and if you sat on the balcony,, everyone could see you. They actually did change us the next morning, to around back, which was fine. I just don't like looking at parking lots-we've done lake view ever since, which has been great!

I will always take standard view if I can get it, since it's such a large point savings. We aren't huge view people anyway. For our 2017 trip we got a pretty decent view - MK to the left and the lake to the right - and we enjoyed the fireworks. Of course, directly outside our room was some sort of industrial area, but it was below the balcony bar and hey - we were usually out there at night watching fireworks anyway. :)

When we end up with lake view (availability) I request one of the middle rooms, high floor, so at least we have that great straight on view of the lake. Which is nice and serene and lovely too.

There are definitely some crummy view BLT rooms though, so we've just been lucky so far not to get a really ugly one.

Just got back from a 1 bedroom standard view, had never stayed at BLT. We loved it we were able to watch fireworks from our balcony and lake view to the right. We're on the second floor, room 7212. We felt it was worth it for standard points.

I will always take standard view if I can get it, since it's such a large point savings. We aren't huge view people anyway. For our 2017 trip we got a pretty decent view - MK to the left and the lake to the right - and we enjoyed the fireworks. Of course, directly outside our room was some sort of industrial area, but it was below the balcony bar and hey - we were usually out there at night watching fireworks anyway. :)

When we end up with lake view (availability) I request one of the middle rooms, high floor, so at least we have that great straight on view of the lake. Which is nice and serene and lovely too.

There are definitely some crummy view BLT rooms though, so we've just been lucky so far not to get a really ugly one.

We have gotten lucky with both standard views we've requested so far. One was in the north wing, on the outside of the C, 4th floor, I think? Which is about as high as you'll get with a standard view. Lake view through some trees - it was February, so we actually could see a decent amount of lake. Fireworks looking to the left from the balcony.

Just got back from a 1 bedroom standard view, had never stayed at BLT. We loved it we were able to watch fireworks from our balcony and lake view to the right. We're on the second floor, room 7212. We felt it was worth it for standard points.

We were in a 2BR recently - 7216 - which is in the center of the C, but blocked by trees. Again, in the winter, there were no leaves on the trees, so we had a direct view of the castle and Space Mountain. The trees blocked enough of our windows that they would be the last place anyone would be looking in, but watching fireworks from the 2nd bedroom balcony was actually ok - the fireworks broke just above the treetops. So no real view of the castle projections, but a pretty head-on view of the fireworks all bursting just above the trees. When I think that someone 2 floors above me is probably paying a premium for TPV, I smile and I'm thankful for the standard view. Also, looking to the left, we had a clear view of the monorail, which my 3yo was much more excited about than fireworks or even the castle.

Also - you're so close to MK that we watched from TOTWL one night, and another night, after the kids were asleep, left Grandma to watch them while we braved the crowds at MK. We arrived 15 minutes before the show and watched from near casey's on Main St.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter