*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Hi all! We are checking into BLT one week from today! :) I was just doing our room request and have a question...are there Lake View one bedrooms on the first floor?! You wouldn't think so since you can't actually see the lake from the first floor, but it does seem when I research it that there are three. When we have stayed Lake View previously we were on the 15th. Has anyone had a Lake View on the bottom floor?
See the diagrams here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/.
There appear to be some lake-view rooms on the second floor, but none on the first.

Thanks so much, I had always thought that lake view rooms were not on the first floor but my DH found some information that conflicted. We are of course going to trust the DIS and leave our room requests as is. :)

Does BLT have Netflix on the TVS?

You can bring a Chromecast dongle to make your TV smart, if you're handy with that sort of thing. It's more involved than just plugging it in, though, due to the need for wifi.

You could also bring an HDMI cable and attach it to your laptop and play from that. I do that frequently.

Another alternative, as silly as it sounds now-a-days, is to check out DVDs from community hall.

Here is another alternative for room finding.

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/bay-lake-tower-at-disneys-contemporary-resort
I've noticed that the prior link that was shared has some view category discrepancies with the Touringplans one.

I find it frustrating to no end that Disney will not release an official map of room view categories at the resort. It only makes me think that they're up to something (i.e. they re-classify the view category for a few of the rooms on occasion.)

Have this been on forever and I haven't noticed it?

Kind of glasses on the bridge from contemporary to baylake, blocking MK view

8264066F-DF08-4D71-97F4-40472E9C45B4.jpeg

View attachment 608642

These opaque windows have been there since the first time I visited, around 2015 or so. My guess is that they were intended to deter large groups of people from congregating there to watch fireworks, creating possible structural problems or failure. I found some pictures from opening day that show these windows in place.

See the diagrams here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/.
There appear to be some lake-view rooms on the second floor, but none on the first.

I arrived on 9/26 and got the room ready text while in the car from the airport, lake view studio. Room 7206. Second floor I thought? I looked at Touring Plans and the picture was barely a lake view. When I got there, I went straight to the front desk and asked if it was standard or lake view. She said it was lake view. I asked if there was anything higher. She looked and said 9th floor, I said I’ll take that. Got 7925. Now that’s a lake view! Sorry picture is sideways.

I arrived on 9/26 and got the room ready text while in the car from the airport, lake view studio. Room 7206. Second floor I thought? I looked at Touring Plans and the picture was barely a lake view. When I got there, I went straight to the front desk and asked if it was standard or lake view. She said it was lake view. I asked if there was anything higher. She looked and said 9th floor, I said I’ll take that. Got 7925. Now that’s a lake view! Sorry picture is sideways.
View attachment 611933
Anything on first or second floor should be Standard view imo.[/QUOTE]

View attachment 608642
They’ve only been put up (during my visits) when it’s very windy &/or rainy. They will be up one night & off the next morning… and right back up again at night! They’ve rarely been left up all day (in my experience). & They really do help in shielding the bridge from the elements!!

Hey BLT lovers! Can't wait for my first stay in December! Seems so far away though. And the closer i get the worse the anticipation will get haha.

I have a lakeview 1BR right now... Im hoping i can get into a higher floor so well see.
Our first BLT stay is in September!
We have a standard view studio and after looking at the map/diagram, I agree that we will try to request higher floor.
Enjoy your stay!

The recent on-line check-in for Standard Studios does not even include a request section. It used to have Floor and High Floor, but now, nothing. We'll be at BLT in May, but just missed out on the Moonlight Magic May 24th night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter