*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

I have only stayed at my Home Resort a few times. I never had a problem with the pool. I usually use it late early am or late afternoon, but I do take advantage of being part of CR. I have gone over to the CR and used their pool which is a nice size, but I love the Circle Pool by the lake, it’s too cute and usually pretty quiet.
Good to know, thank you.

We're planning to stay at BLT for the 1st time in 8 years, so since this thread is active again I thought I'd ask the group, is Theme Park View really worth the extra points? I'm hoping Top of the World lounge will be open by 2023 so we can show off the fireworks view from there, so wouldn't Standard View be a better value? I'm bringing my cousin's family for their first WDW DVC stay!

We're planning to stay at BLT for the 1st time in 8 years, so since this thread is active again I thought I'd ask the group, is Theme Park View really worth the extra points?
YMMV, I've heard. A lot of people say the bang is not worth the bucks (points). I've only had LV and SV. Sometimes a SV has a TP view, just from a lower level. I could watch the fireworks fine though from there. Sometimes a LV has a TP view, mine did not, but it was a great view and I could watch the water parade.

We're planning to stay at BLT for the 1st time in 8 years, so since this thread is active again I thought I'd ask the group, is Theme Park View really worth the extra points? I'm hoping Top of the World lounge will be open by 2023 so we can show off the fireworks view from there, so wouldn't Standard View be a better value? I'm bringing my cousin's family for their first WDW DVC stay!

We haven't gotten Theme Park View for any of our stays. We have lucked out getting a standard view, with decent views of the castle. But we also have gotten standard view with views of the trees in the courtyard.

I wondered where this was! We're new DVC and BLT owners, because we love the Magic Kingdom and love being walking distance from it. Our first trip Home is this November, and we'll be in an MK view, so we'll let you know if it was worth it!

We love BLT, but have admittedly only stayed there twice despite owning the majority of our points there. The stays have always been lake views toward the inner courtyard. No complaints for any of it though. We're hoping TOTW is open when we return to WDW in October so we can stop by, though we're staying two monorail stops over at the Poly.

The TPV units are worth it, IMHO. However, we have often lucked out booking a lake view room with MK views. We like the higher floors (you ”see” less of the parking lot 😉) and ask for an outer ring even-numbered room facing north. The LV units are lovely too though. Fingers crossed for Pixie Dust! ☺️

I was glad to see this group pop up again. We’re booked for our first trip as DVC/BLT owners this coming March. Have never stepped foot in the resort, but we decided to dive in before this next trip.

It will be myself, my wife, and 2 boys (six and eight). We’ve got a studio booked, and I know the general view is they can feel cramped... so I wanted to see if anyone had a positive view on them. We figured we’d give it a shot this trip while the boys are still little and we hardly spend anytime in the room anyhow. On our last (and first) trip, we really only used the room to sleep.

So, do any young families out there actually enjoy the studios? We may split the trip for a few nights elsewhere if there’s availability at 7 months... but not sure if it will be worth the hassle.

thanks!

I was glad to see this group pop up again. We’re booked for our first trip as DVC/BLT owners this coming March. Have never stepped foot in the resort, but we decided to dive in before this next trip.

It will be myself, my wife, and 2 boys (six and eight). We’ve got a studio booked, and I know the general view is they can feel cramped... so I wanted to see if anyone had a positive view on them. We figured we’d give it a shot this trip while the boys are still little and we hardly spend anytime in the room anyhow. On our last (and first) trip, we really only used the room to sleep.

So, do any young families out there actually enjoy the studios? We may split the trip for a few nights elsewhere if there’s availability at 7 months... but not sure if it will be worth the hassle.

thanks!
We stay in studios quite a bit with our family of 5. BLT’s only hold four, but there’s not much functional size difference between the BLT studios and other studios we have stayed in. (We own at BLT and AKV but have stayed in almost every resort’s studios at one point).

biggest suggestions for a successful large family studio experience

take pop-up hampers for dirty clothes
The closets have plenty of space for suitcases.
Either use the drawers to unpack into so the suitcases can stay away, or if you do get them out, only get them out once a day…open them in the evening before showers get out pjs and the outfits for the next day (don’t forget socks and underwear).

shoes…make a shoe spot and have everyone stuck to it…kids shoes are such tripping hazards and they seem to pop up everywhere

give each kid a “stuff drawer” and have them put their odds and ends in it…if they still travel with a blankie, or small stuffers, the drawer is the safest place on housekeeping days so nothing gets accidentally picked up in the towels/linens.

bathroom counter space is at a premium
Take a sharpie with you and label plastic cups with each kiddos name and put their toothbrushes in them.

the bar soap can get messy with little hands. Either bring a soap pump, or take one of the kitchen sponges and put it on the bathroom counter and put the bar soap on it. It will help keep the bar from getting gummy…and Lee it in one place

towels…have clearly defined locations for each person to hang up their towels so they don’t get mixed up. You can also bring 4 differently colored binder clips and clip them on the edge so everyone can see who’s is whose…just make sure to take them off on housekeeping day or they’ll be gone

Hope that helps some, enjoy your stay!

YMMV, I've heard. A lot of people say the bang is not worth the bucks (points). I've only had LV and SV. Sometimes a SV has a TP view, just from a lower level. I could watch the fireworks fine though from there. Sometimes a LV has a TP view, mine did not, but it was a great view and I could watch the water parade.
We haven't gotten Theme Park View for any of our stays. We have lucked out getting a standard view, with decent views of the castle. But we also have gotten standard view with views of the trees in the courtyard.
The TPV units are worth it, IMHO. However, we have often lucked out booking a lake view room with MK views. We like the higher floors (you ”see” less of the parking lot 😉) and ask for an outer ring even-numbered room facing north. The LV units are lovely too though. Fingers crossed for Pixie Dust! ☺

Thanks everyone for their input. My mom just informed me that she really prefers lower floors to avoid elevator waits/crowds, so I'm sticking with the Standard View. I did hear TPV should be higher floor to get the best fireworks view. I tried to see examples of views on another website so maybe we'll get lucky. It will be nice to be so close to MK. Also crossing fingers that Top of the World Lounge will reopen by the time we go, but if not, we'll make an ADR at California Grill.

Thanks everyone for their input. My mom just informed me that she really prefers lower floors to avoid elevator waits/crowds, so I'm sticking with the Standard View. I did hear TPV should be higher floor to get the best fireworks view. I tried to see examples of views on another website so maybe we'll get lucky. It will be nice to be so close to MK. Also crossing fingers that Top of the World Lounge will reopen by the time we go, but if not, we'll make an ADR at California Grill.
Remind Mom that you wait just as long for an elevator to go one floor up as to go 8 or 11 floors up. Unless you take the stairs, the elevator wait is the elevator wait. But if she prefers lower floors in general, (and that is just an excuse) keep Mom happy.

Does Mousekeeping replenish:

Toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner & soap?

Toilet paper, tissue & paper towels?

Will there be a cart in the hallway to ask Mousekeeping, if we need more?

My mom just informed me that she really prefers lower floors to avoid elevator waits/crowds
Unless you take the stairs, the elevator wait is the elevator wait.
Agree, not much difference in wait times between even the two extremes of a top and a 2nd floor. Other than maybe being the first one off on the way up. If you're low the stairs are an option, but keep in mind that it's BLT...even a SV can be pretty high up and that's a lot of stairs!

Agree, not much difference in wait times between even the two extremes of a top and a 2nd floor. Other than maybe being the first one off on the way up. If you're low the stairs are an option, but keep in mind that it's BLT...even a SV can be pretty high up and that's a lot of stairs!
Agree, 5th floor (which is the highest std view goes) is a lot of stairs. My point was just that you have to wait whether it is 2nd floor or 5th floor, it doesn't matter where you are getting OFF when you are waiting 20 minutes or more to GET ON. If there is a group, or strollers, or wheelchairs, or luggage racks, you may have to wait for 3rd or 4th elevator. So sounds like Mom's preference is best.

So, I am not an owner yet. I'm purchasing resale and the contract is at ROFR right now. I have sentimental feelings for the Contemporary since I stayed there during some of our best family WDW trips as a child. Anyway, I hope it's okay I'm commenting as a hopeful, future owner at BLT.

With the room revamp announcement for the Contemporary....do we think any of this design is going to bleed over into BLT room design? I don't know if there has been a precedent for this at other resorts...

So, I am not an owner yet. I'm purchasing resale and the contract is at ROFR right now. I have sentimental feelings for the Contemporary since I stayed there during some of our best family WDW trips as a child. Anyway, I hope it's okay I'm commenting as a hopeful, future owner at BLT.

With the room revamp announcement for the Contemporary....do we think any of this design is going to bleed over into BLT room design? I don't know if there has been a precedent for this at other resorts...

Are you wishing for it or not?

BLT had a soft goods refurb a few years ago and I'm thinking by the time the next refurb comes around in a couple of years they'll have decided this wasn't the way to go with the CR. They often have similar elements to the hotel side if one exists but there hasn't been a DVC refurb that has been done exactly the same yet. The upcoming PVB soft goods refurb might be the best indicator of what might happen at BLT. I hope they stick to what they already have at both and just refresh.

Are you wishing for it or not?

BLT had a soft goods refurb a few years ago and I'm thinking by the time the next refurb comes around in a couple of years they'll have decided this wasn't the way to go with the CR. They often have similar elements to the hotel side if one exists but there hasn't been a DVC refurb that has been done exactly the same yet. The upcoming PVB soft goods refurb might be the best indicator of what might happen at BLT. I hope they stick to what they already have at both and just refresh.

I am definitely not wishing for it...if I was making a DVC purchasing decision today, and the rooms were themed like the photos in their announcement, I would choose another resort. I realize opinions on the theming/decor are kind of polarized. I don't think any of the DVC rooms I saw (in recent YouTube tours only) prompted such a visceral reaction for me....if that makes sense. Again--I know they are Contemporary rooms and not BLT rooms!

That makes a lot of sense about watching PVB to see what happens--thank you! I hope they stick to what they have too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter