BCV Ground Level Pictures

JLVermillion

Food & Wine Festival Forever
I was hoping someone might have some ground level pool view photos . Maybe some thoughts on what you thought of staying ground level.

I was hoping someone might have some ground level pool view photos . Maybe some thoughts on what you thought of staying ground level.

The ground floor patios are surrounded by shrubbery. So you are really separated from the pool area by the bushes. But your patio still isn't all that private. Not so different from the rest of the balconies where your neighbor is right next to you.

We were 3rd floor pool view in a 2BR that had 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom (dedicated)...villa 302. We were on the end where the balcony was quite small and off the living room only and neighbor's balconies weren't super close to ours but it is all open and anyone at the pool or on their balcony or walking by that area could see...but there was never a ton of people out there. Here is a pic and we were there 1/25-1/30 2013:

006-2_zps7aa8b542.jpg

We were 3rd floor pool view in a 2BR that had 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom (dedicated)...villa 302. We were on the end where the balcony was quite small and off the living room only and neighbor's balconies weren't super close to ours but it is all open and anyone at the pool or on their balcony or walking by that area could see...but there was never a ton of people out there. Here is a pic and we were there 1/25-1/30 2013:

006-2_zps7aa8b542.jpg

Great shot, thank you. We have stayed on all three levels of the turret across and DH and I loved it. I thinking ground level because on our May trip we will be with DSL,DBL and three Dks 15,12 & 6. We will be in a 2 BDRM , the kids are all good swimmers and DSL and I are both smokers (DSA right across). I figure in the morning we can walk right out to pool with our coffee and the kids can have an early swim whilst we wake up and get ready for what ever the day will bring. I am however worried about snakes . DH about privacy..

I was on the first floor at BCV facing the road. I did see a snake on my patio. It was a small one, but still.

I was on the first floor at BCV facing the road. I did see a snake on my patio. It was a small one, but still.

But still is how I feel:eek: I was reading the snake thread , something about a women who stayed on gl and found a little one keeping warm in her bed:scared1: That would be it for me. However I also read about a big one on an upper level of AK:confused3 . I did not know they climb:confused3

Another ground level questions . If you go out on the patio and shut the door will it lock you out ?

Another ground level questions . If you go out on the patio and shut the door will it lock you out ?

No, you can't lock the patio door from the outside. But you can't leave the patio area either except to reenter the villa because of all the shrubbery around the patio.

No, you can't lock the patio door from the outside. But you can't leave the patio area either except to reenter the villa because of all the shrubbery around the patio.

If you you exit the villa and have it unlocked from the inside , shut the door while outside you will not be locked out automatically ?

That is good to know . It would drive DH and DBL batty if they had to keep letting us in. On the the other hand once DSL, myself and kids are outside they may lock the door , close the blinds and play as though they never heard anyone knock:lmao:

That is good to know . It would drive DH and DBL batty if they had to keep letting us in. On the the other hand once DSL, myself and kids are outside they may lock the door , close the blinds and play as though they never heard anyone knock:lmao:

Well, considering the patio is small, you might not get all of you out there at the same time.

Well, considering the patio is small, you might not get all of you out there at the same time.

DH would figure out some sort of ploy. I can Hear him now to DNs "Grace , Penelope ... hop that shrub and go get ___, Griffin go watch your sisters ! Jenn ... Stacy the kids are outside..." We go out and while watching the kids we hear the lock turn slowly as DBL slowly pulls the curtains closed. These men are slick, so THEY think;)

But still is how I feel:eek: I was reading the snake thread , something about a women who stayed on gl and found a little one keeping warm in her bed:scared1: That would be it for me. However I also read about a big one on an upper level of AK:confused3 . I did not know they climb:confused3

We have had green frogs in our VWL villa a few times. We were on a higher floor each time.

We have had green frogs in our VWL villa a few times. We were on a higher floor each time.

We had a few of those when we stayed at BWVs, I like those and have actually picked them off the wall. Snakes I can not do. I will have to take a broom and sweep the shrubs when I step onto the patio ( I do this when I garden to let them know I am here . Go away ;))

As Deb says above, you really are not supposed to walk out through the shrubs outside your room and get to the pool that way, you are supposed to go out through the hallway door. However, I strongly recommend room 178, we stayed in it last year and it was great for a few reasons:

1) It was next to the parking lot, but that was never an issue (it was a plus b/c my FIL had a car and kept it parked literally 30 feet from our door).

2) There are three small sitting areas, but no shrubbery in front of the last two so you can walk right out onto the walking path and to your left would be the pool just about 30 paces away.

3) The bus stop is very close.

4) We actually felt like it was very private as opposed to the ground floor rooms that were viewable to the pool. We've seen some odd things in those rooms while swimming. Yes, there is some foot traffic going to and from the parking lot but most of it is during the day and it's nothing obtrusive.

I would highly recommend that room if you can put in such a request. We would love to stay in it again. The fact that it's the last room on the first floor was not an issue b/c the buildings not that big and it's easy to cut across the pool area to get to.

As for snakes, if you want to see a few just walk across the lake to the Boardwalk DVC Sales Office!

To me, that's a very good reason to never get a first floor studio. I was on the fifth floor once, saw a small snake thru my binoculars and that totally freaked me out.

We saw a little one over too. Snakes are the reason why we have not stayed ground level before. I am trying to overcome this "irrational" fear as DH says.

I am going to check out 178 on the parkinfo2go site.

We love room 178 for all of the reasons listed.

re: snakes
We've had more trouble with critters getting into the room at OKW than BCV. I think it's a problem at any WDW resort with first floor rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter