BCV to DHS and back with an ECV

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Will my battery easily handle the distance if I choose to drive there on my scooter, do some rides (just for about 3 hours) and drive back? I know I could take the boat, but I look forward to driving myself next to the water. In the morning, I'll be at DS, then coming back to BCV for a rest and I can recharge my battery also.

It really depends on your ECV and the capacity and how degraded your battery is. If your battery would normally last all day in the parks, then this should definitely be doable. If you normally wouldn't get more than a few hours in the park on a charge, then maybe not.

I agree with what cmwade77 and BillSears said.

It sounds like you own your own scooter. You probably already know this, but this is my experience.

I really like using the sidewalks to drive from Epcot and visit the resorts and then go to DHS and back to my resort at BWV. The sidewalks are very wide and lighted at night. I found it so much more pleasant than a full boat or a full bus.

Over the years as my battery became older, it took a much shorter time to recharge because parts of my U1 gel batteries were no longer charging. This was when I was very new to my scooter. The lights would show all green, but after a half a day at MK they quickly went to all red. It was my batteries.

Once I got new batteries, they charged just fine and lasted longer on trips.

You shouldn't have any problem, but if you are finding that you can't go as far with each charge, then may one to think about if it may be your batteries are too old and no longer able to hold a full charge.

For an example, I used my scooter to go to work and back home every day. I usually did not have to charge it but every other day or every three days. But as the years went on, I had to charge it every day until finally I was worried that I couldn't make it home on a charge.

I just needed two more new gel U1 batteries.

I am sure everyone else's experience may be different, but this is just my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter