BEACH CLUB BUS SERVICE

Bus service is Hit and Miss at any resort...
The real problems start if you plan on leaving the resort late when the resorts share or coming back mid afternoon... Almost all Deluxe with exception of OKW, SSR and AKL do this but this has the most negative effects on the EPCOT resorts as they are further apart.
If you like EPCOT these resorts are great all other parks are subject to the pains of any other resort and sometimes more so for Disney studios as that boat ride is Slooooooow but nice and walking is just not appealing in the heat although it is the fastest way and it is a 20 minute walk...maybe 15 at fast pace and 2 bottles of water.
When people have problems with buses they should post the times... there is ALWAYS a CM in the morning making sure the buses are coming as well as the posted time it will come.

The real problems start if you plan on leaving the resort late when the resorts share or coming back mid afternoon... Almost all Deluxe with exception of OKW, SSR and AKL do this but this has the most negative effects on the EPCOT resorts as they are further apart.
If you like EPCOT these resorts are great all other parks are subject to the pains of any other resort and sometimes more so for Disney studios as that boat ride is Slooooooow but nice and walking is just not appealing in the heat although it is the fastest way and it is a 20 minute walk...maybe 15 at fast pace and 2 bottles of water.
When people have problems with buses they should post the times... there is ALWAYS a CM in the morning making sure the buses are coming as well as the posted time it will come.

I would not put too much stock in the CM there. We once waited 50 minutes at WL for a HS bus (the posted wait time was not accurate and kept changing) and repeatedly asked the CM to do something, and she said she has no authority to divert any buses and couldn't do anything about it. We took an uber. Which is my other takeaway for the OP: if you have somewhere you need to be at a specific time (ADR, fastpass, etc.) using bus transportation and your timing is tight, just pay for an uber or minnie van and spare yourself the headache. But that is true no matter what hotel you stay at.

I love Beach/Yacht Club. The only issue I've had with a bus there was getting a bus BACK from AK early in the morning. We were checking out and did rope drop at AK, and then wanted to go back for some pool time. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to show up to take us back to the hotel. If that's your plan, I would suggest driving or keeping an eye on the buses on MDE, because that info is on there now.

Personally, I have never shared when staying at the BW for the last 4 years when leaving the MK or AK. I think it also depends on when you are staying, but over the more crowded times, we have never had to share a bus with another Epcot resort. We usually come back early to mid-afternoon to take a break are always on a bus only for the BW. The boats are not the quickest, but from the BC/YC you stop at the Swam/Dolphin and then you are DHS. It is probably a 20 minute boat ride, which would be roughly the same time walking. Personally, I think the location of the Epcot resorts is the best and can't be beaten. I'm a DVC member at BWV and GFV and I prefer BWV hands down.

We were there in early June and did not have a problem. Pickup at AK took forever one day. We found that’s it’s also easy to hop on a Boardwalk bus and walk over if you’ve just missed a BC bus or if it’s taking forever.

No real issues but I’m also fairly patient. It’s free bus service after all.

I've had an hour wait for an AK bus back once, too. That's the only issue we've ever encountered. It was after DVC moonlight magic though so maybe they just weren't running as many.

The buses are the buses and the service is the same at every resort, some good - some bad. I've stayed at almost every resort on property and have had good days and bad days.

This. I've had good and bad experiences at all resorts that we stayed at. Our last trip we were at POR, and no matter which park we were headed to, that was the bus that was pulling away from the stop as we arrived. And it never failed that the other three parks would have multiple (2-4) busses come by before the bus we needed came along. But we are a patient pair, DH and I, and aren't moving at light speed anymore. So we have no issues to sit and wait. It's great people watching time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter