Beach Club or Boardwalk - which would you choose?

we own at BWV, and stay there most of the time. finally decided to try BCV for SAB. Kids enjoyed it well enough, and I thought it was great, but they were old enough to be off swimming where I couldn't see them all the time. Kids thought slide wsa ok, but didn't like the walk to it, and it always had a long line, but did enjoy the lazy river, and sand bottom pool. But except for the pool, we saw no advantage to staying at BCV over BWV. we were one of the farthest rooms, so the walk to Epcot was not any shorter, and HS was longer. We'd prefer to use less points on a standard view at BWV.

We are planning a trip for next August, using DVC points. Would you choose Boardwalk or Beach Club and why? We’ve never stayed at either. Family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 11 and 13 when we travel) and we’ve been to Disney 4 other times.

Thanks!
I would say Beach Club because your kids are 11 & 13. Have 4 daughters have been going since 1996, they loved the pool at BCV when younger. Now that they are in their late 20's, they love the Boardwalk. But for you right now, BCV it is.

BWV is my favorite but I would say BCV for the pool - in about 5 years they will want RR or BW so do the BCV now.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! We do rent points (vs own). Our kids are great swimmers, but we also don't typically spend a ton of time at the pools. Sound like we can't go wrong with either choice, though. I appreciate all the input!

We are planning a trip for next August, using DVC points. Would you choose Boardwalk or Beach Club and why? We’ve never stayed at either. Family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 11 and 13 when we travel) and we’ve been to Disney 4 other times.

Thanks!
We were booked at BWI last October and they switched us to BC. I have 2 teens and a tween. I love love love the theme of BW but BC was wonderful. Kids loved SAB and Beaches & Cream and the theme grew on me. We rented points and are staying at BCV next June but I just bought points at BWV to stay there starting 2024. My husband and I (with or without kids) can enjoy staying for the next 19 years. To answer your question…if you and your kids are a pool family BC all the way. But as far as food options/location, about equal. If immersive theming means more to you…BW.

I own at BW but if you have kids then I would say BC for the pool, however BWV has lower point cost per night and better view cats maybe a bit more going on at night. Really there is not much in it, they are all on the same lake and walkable to each other

The best part of BCV is the pool. After that it’s Boardwalk all the way. Easier to walk to both HS and Epcot. Boardwalk entertainment and nightlife is great. Magic shows, comedy, jump rope, jugglers, carny games, etc… Gift shop on the strip. Walk up pizza, ice cream, deli sandwiches, carnival food, and a new Cake Shop. Dining options, Jelly Rolls. Honestly, there’s a reason Disney uses the Boardwalk in photos and Run Disney races. It’s great!
All of which is easily accessible from BCV.

Rooms at both are ready for refurb.

Food at both can be accessed by both.

BCV is closer to Epcot, Skyliner.

BCV has the better pool. Though clown face is gone so it's less of a gap now.

I finally closed on my BWV resale contract, after many months of looking for the right BCV contract! :D
I could not find a BCV with my use year & number of points, at my target price. I did, however find a fully loaded BWV contract at $110/PP - 230 Points (460 in 2023) in my use year. I jumped on it with both feet, and today my contract showed up on the DVC site (just waiting for the points to load). My strategy is to use the 11Mo. window at BWV to snatch the Standard View Studios when available. When they are not available, I will be okay with the Boardwalk or Garden/Pool Views. Those 2 latter categories are usually the same point cost as the BCV studios. So, when I can get the Standard view rooms, I can stretch our length of stay for the same amount of points. If unable to land the standard view, I'll shoot for BW View as secondary, and G/P View as tertiary. Then, when I feel like I really want to use SAB, and have that even shorter walk to EPCOT, I can try for BCV at 7 Months. I did a quick&dirty analysis, comparing my $110/PP for BWV to $130/PP at BCV (based on averages posted here and on similar blog sites). Even though the MFs are higher at BWV, because there are only 18 years of MF remaining, the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) will still be less at BWV. (Assumed a modest 4% YOY increase in MFs). My reasoning: I know that BCV is not always available at 7 Mos., but the BWV Standard Studios are even harder(if not impossible) to get at 7 Mos. So I felt it better to save money going with BWV, and when I get Std. View at 11 Mos.I will consider it a bonus. If I can only get G/P at 11 Mos., then swapping to BCV at 7 Mos. would also be a bonus. If I wind up with BW View at 11 Mos., then I might not look to chanfe at 7Mo. I'll be happy with any of these scenarios, as we love the crescent lake location.
Am I over-rationalizing my decision, or am I a bordering on brilliance by taking BWV over BCV?? :earboy2:

I like the way you think. Similar reasons as to why we chose BWV over BCV. Plus, if we do want to stay at BC, we would try and go in the spring which is much easier than the fall to get in at 7 months. I can also see us doing a BCV/BWV split stay at some point. I think a few days in a 1 or 2 bedroom in the SF prong is doable at 7 months.

I finally closed on my BWV resale contract, after many months of looking for the right BCV contract! :D
I could not find a BCV with my use year & number of points, at my target price. I did, however find a fully loaded BWV contract at $110/PP - 230 Points (460 in 2023) in my use year. I jumped on it with both feet, and today my contract showed up on the DVC site (just waiting for the points to load). My strategy is to use the 11Mo. window at BWV to snatch the Standard View Studios when available. When they are not available, I will be okay with the Boardwalk or Garden/Pool Views. Those 2 latter categories are usually the same point cost as the BCV studios. So, when I can get the Standard view rooms, I can stretch our length of stay for the same amount of points. If unable to land the standard view, I'll shoot for BW View as secondary, and G/P View as tertiary. Then, when I feel like I really want to use SAB, and have that even shorter walk to EPCOT, I can try for BCV at 7 Months. I did a quick&dirty analysis, comparing my $110/PP for BWV to $130/PP at BCV (based on averages posted here and on similar blog sites). Even though the MFs are higher at BWV, because there are only 18 years of MF remaining, the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) will still be less at BWV. (Assumed a modest 4% YOY increase in MFs). My reasoning: I know that BCV is not always available at 7 Mos., but the BWV Standard Studios are even harder(if not impossible) to get at 7 Mos. So I felt it better to save money going with BWV, and when I get Std. View at 11 Mos.I will consider it a bonus. If I can only get G/P at 11 Mos., then swapping to BCV at 7 Mos. would also be a bonus. If I wind up with BW View at 11 Mos., then I might not look to chanfe at 7Mo. I'll be happy with any of these scenarios, as we love the crescent lake location.
Am I over-rationalizing my decision, or am I a bordering on brilliance by taking BWV over BCV?? :earboy2:
Congratulations!!!!

Agree with everything said including Boulder Ridge as an option. Just stayed in a studio and the Murphy bed is a definite plus.

Just wondering when they'll start the refurb at BWV. Given that and Stormalong Bay, I'd say BCV if you can get it. Both resorts are tough 'asks' if you don't own there. Not impossible but can be tough to get a studio.

Beach Club Villas! We own at BWV and it’s alright, but if using the pool is in your plans Stormalong Bay beats the BWV pool, hands down. We are staying at BCV for one night on our July trip and plan on spending most of the day around the resort/pool. That’s not something we’d do at BWV.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter