Beach Club Villa Renovations Update PLEASE????

A 1-bedroom just popped up for our dates as a cash reservation in mid-December. We are hoping for a Murphy bed - are the room refurbs done? Would hate to check in and tell my 16-year old he has to sleep on an old sofa bed :(

Also, how is the noise from the pool construction? Thank you for your help.
Refurbs are all done. Pool is very much torn apart. For us last week, there was minimal noise. Not very pleasant to look at but it appeared that all the real noisy work had been done

I heard different reports when I was there. 2 weeks. 4 weeks. Seems no-one really knows. But from the state it is in, and the progress they were making, my guess is many weeks.

I am in a studio at the BCV now, and I normally have a problem with renovations, mostly with the removal of the theming.

When I walked into the room yesterday, WOW. I saw Donald Duck on the wall and fell in love with BCV all over again! Daisy is on the sofa pillows, and another Donald on the shower curtain.

It’s wonderful!

Can someone at the BCV now confirm the completion of renovations to the quiet pool? 2 agents from chat have just told me they have wrapped renovations in the quiet pool, but someone last week posted here it seemed it would take weeks to reopen the pool... I'm planning my room request for late January and I really don't want to be looking at an empty pool...

Can someone at the BCV now confirm the completion of renovations to the quiet pool? 2 agents from chat have just told me they have wrapped renovations in the quiet pool, but someone last week posted here it seemed it would take weeks to reopen the pool... I'm planning my room request for late January and I really don't want to be looking at an empty pool...
Left 12/7 it's def not finished

Just searched for availability and now there is a new notice regarding Dunes Cove pool, indicating resurfacing work being done until December 22, 2023.

Anyone there currently and can report on the Dunes Cove Pool? Hoping its on its way to being finished.

I know most of you stay in studios, but for the few who choose a 1 bedroom I wanted to convey some things we noticed after the refurbishment during our stay.
We were in a dedicated 1 BR so no door into a studio/2nd bedroom at the entry. Instead there’s a closet and a new VERY LARGE table. The table was already scarred up pretty badly because there was insufficient room to pass by it. My Go-Go sport scooter passed thru but I had to be careful. Not sure a bigger scooter would fit…you would need to plan on leaving it by the closet. When bell services brought our owner’s lockers, they scrapped against the entry table as they came thru into the kitchen/living room.
We noticed the living room/kitchen area seemed more crowded than before. We missed the fan both in the living room and the bedroom. The new sofa was MUCH better to sit on.
The controller for the smart tv that BCV has baffled us. We could change channels but we were either getting a black screen or a blacked screen with sound. I’m sure those with brand new tv’s have no problem understanding the new controller but here’s what we learned. There’s a very thin horizontal button for the volume and another for the channels. Be VERY careful to NOT PUSH the button but use your finger or nail to motion it up or down. If you accidentally push the button, turn off the tv and then back on to reset. Regarding the sound, move the slim button in the same way. You can push on it when you want to mute the tv. We hope this helps someone like us so you don’t have to call for assistance. 😁
The phone in the main room was dead. It apparently gets “unplugged” sometimes with the opening and closing of the Murphy bed. Maintenance was able to fix it.
I was surprised at the shower head choice for the shower. It was big but not very strong so if you have long, thick hair you might have trouble rinsing out your shampoo. There was no adjustment.
The bathroom sink in the shower room seemed plugged with debris. We also couldn’t change the setting on the dishwasher.
Makeup mirror was loose on the wall. Towel racks were loose. We were also surprised that the designer chose to not put more racks in the shower area.
There’s no A/C duct in the bathroom area outside the shower so it would heat up when we were getting ready.
No clothes line available like the studios. I used to hang my own clothes line up over the tub but the designer chose to delete one of the towel racks there, as well, so I had nothing to hook the other end to.
You cannot cool the room beyond 68 degrees which actually felt closer to a normal 72 degrees. With the missing overhead fans I found it rather warm when we were packing up the lockers to leave.
The remodeled tub area is a horrible tripping hazard. They left the raised area where the jetted tub had been and just placed the new soaker tub in the center. I finally placed the cream-colored bag that holds the extra bed blankets/pillows on the corner raised area that was tripping me when entering that room.
Anyway, we had a great stay. Just wanted to share what we noticed.

I know most of you stay in studios, but for the few who choose a 1 bedroom I wanted to convey some things we noticed after the refurbishment during our stay.
We were in a dedicated 1 BR so no door into a studio/2nd bedroom at the entry. Instead there’s a closet and a new VERY LARGE table. The table was already scarred up pretty badly because there was insufficient room to pass by it. My Go-Go sport scooter passed thru but I had to be careful. Not sure a bigger scooter would fit…you would need to plan on leaving it by the closet. When bell services brought our owner’s lockers, they scrapped against the entry table as they came thru into the kitchen/living room.
We noticed the living room/kitchen area seemed more crowded than before. We missed the fan both in the living room and the bedroom. The new sofa was MUCH better to sit on.
The controller for the smart tv that BCV has baffled us. We could change channels but we were either getting a black screen or a blacked screen with sound. I’m sure those with brand new tv’s have no problem understanding the new controller but here’s what we learned. There’s a very thin horizontal button for the volume and another for the channels. Be VERY careful to NOT PUSH the button but use your finger or nail to motion it up or down. If you accidentally push the button, turn off the tv and then back on to reset. Regarding the sound, move the slim button in the same way. You can push on it when you want to mute the tv. We hope this helps someone like us so you don’t have to call for assistance. 😁
The phone in the main room was dead. It apparently gets “unplugged” sometimes with the opening and closing of the Murphy bed. Maintenance was able to fix it.
I was surprised at the shower head choice for the shower. It was big but not very strong so if you have long, thick hair you might have trouble rinsing out your shampoo. There was no adjustment.
The bathroom sink in the shower room seemed plugged with debris. We also couldn’t change the setting on the dishwasher.
Makeup mirror was loose on the wall. Towel racks were loose. We were also surprised that the designer chose to not put more racks in the shower area.
There’s no A/C duct in the bathroom area outside the shower so it would heat up when we were getting ready.
No clothes line available like the studios. I used to hang my own clothes line up over the tub but the designer chose to delete one of the towel racks there, as well, so I had nothing to hook the other end to.
You cannot cool the room beyond 68 degrees which actually felt closer to a normal 72 degrees. With the missing overhead fans I found it rather warm when we were packing up the lockers to leave.
The remodeled tub area is a horrible tripping hazard. They left the raised area where the jetted tub had been and just placed the new soaker tub in the center. I finally placed the cream-colored bag that holds the extra bed blankets/pillows on the corner raised area that was tripping me when entering that room.
Please share this information with dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com. They especially need to know about the trip hazard but they also need to know about the items that can be fixed.

That seems like a lot of not so nice things in the room to deal with. Thank you for letting us know. Do you remember what the room number was?

We just spent a week at BCV in a 1BR on the 3rd floor. Now, we didn't experience the scooter or locker situation, but the only item on the list of concerns we even noticed was the missing fan. I would have preferred they keep that. And yes, the default 'lowest' temp in the room is 68, but you can absolutely make that lower - plenty of info out there regarding how.... We really liked the updates. BCV rooms have never been perfect (what we refer to as the 'fun house' effect of the doors to and from the bathroom takes some getting used to!), but we're glad they've been touched up a bit. And the Murphy bed was a huge improvement for sleeping. Much, much better!

Happy to report that the bathrooms off the BCV lobby have opened. Some photos of the (empty) ladies room below. It sure took long enough but looks nice!

Attachments

• IMG_4598.jpeg
    IMG_4598.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4600.jpeg
    IMG_4600.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4601.jpeg
    IMG_4601.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4602.jpeg
    IMG_4602.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter