Beaches and Cream?

If I just want to have ice cream do I need to make a reservation?

If you want to sit in the restaurant, yes. It is very very small. There is also, however, a walk up window where you can get certain ice cream selections. For that you obviously don't need a reservation.

If you just want ice cream, I prefer Ample Hills over at the Boardwalk. If you are looking for sundaes, then I prefer Beaches and Cream. They do offer some sundaes at the take out counter, but I am not sure if they offer their specialty sundaes there. I love the No Way Jose and I always book an ADR to get one.

If you want to sit in the restaurant, yes. It is very very small. There is also, however, a walk up window where you can get certain ice cream selections. For that you obviously don't need a reservation.

I will add that the walk up window only has a limited menu, and not all of specialty sundaes you can get if you dine in.

That was my assumption but needed to be sure. It is a little tough to predict 6 months out when you will want to eat ice cream. That sounds stupid, since anytime is a good time for ice cream.

Ha! Yes, I can easily predict that six months from today I will want ice cream, as it's going to be a day the ends in "y."

Agreed with @fla4fun - if you just want to walk in a place, go to Ample Hills, which is not far from Beaches and Cream. B&C is just Edy's, whereas Ample Hills has really, really good ice cream.

The fountain at the dolphin is one of my favorites

Caramel apple pie Sunday. Slice of pie w soft serve vanilla. So good!

If you are making a trip to Disney Springs during your time Ghirardelli's is an option as well. I enjoy the specialty sundaes they have there.

If you don't have a large party, you can walk up and request to wait for the counter seating. We do this every visit, they take our number and text me when a seat is available. Normally we play in the arcade while we wait. This past April we had four in our party, they still seated us within 35 minutes, not bad. This won't work if it's important to you to be seated at a 'table' all together. If you don't mind bar type seating though, it has always worked well for us!

I just looked at Beaches and Cream's menu, not seeing Mickey Pants. Did they remove that?
On the take out menu, they list it as the Mini Mickey Sink. It's $23. The rest of the take out menu is very limited - cones, ice cream sandwiches, Coke or Barqs float. There is a big sign posted over the counter with the take out menu.

You can walk up to the take out order. the menu is limited, but has good options. If you want to sit inside, you usually need an ADR or wait to sit at the counter. Going there at off times can help as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter