Beauty and the Beast live action movie trailer released this morning!

Belle had an American accent in the animated film, right? :confused3 Makes no difference to me that she has an English accent in the live-action version.

I'm excited to see this. :)

Last edited:
Excellent casting choice on Emma Watson. Mostly because after her 8+ year gig as Hermione has burned in our brains that she IS Hermione, the beautiful book worm....which is also Belle.

The only thing that bugs me about it is she is English, and has an English accent in the movie. Does no one respect the fact that BatB is a French tale? An Aussie to play Belle in OUAT, and a Brit for this? At the same time, I think there is absolutely no person in the world I would rather play Belle, so this one's forgiven.

This is exactly how I felt. It broke the entire continuity to essentially hear Hermione Granger say 'Hello?' in the middle of the trailer. At least have her fake a good Paige O'Hara.

I completely understand what you both are saying...but it's not like Belle speaks French or even has a French accent in the 1991 animated movie...

Beauty and the Beast is hands down, no contest my favorite Disney animated film and I was soooo excited to see this!

I've never seen Harry Potter (I know. I know) so I don't think of Emma Watson as being Hermione! I'm so excited for this film, and you know the merchandise for the movie is going to be incredible!

Have to admit I watch it at least once a day . popcorn::

I assume we won't be able to get the music until closer to the release day, correct? I would love to be able to get the music playing in this trailer.

Not an Emma Watson fan. Looking forward to seeing Josh Gad. Strong chance I will skip this one in theaters.

If they were going to do a proper teaser, they should have only done a 15 - 30 second pan from the feet of the table to rose is on up to the actual rose. Hold a beat, the slowly bring Emma into focus as she slowly reaches out for the rose. As soon as she's about to touch the glass, we hear either a roar, or a giant stomp, or a door slamming or something, hard cut to black.

A minute and a half of boring set shots.

I am excited for the film, but I just feel like they could have given us more with less.

That's too much like the first Cinderella trailer with just the shoe...

I thought this was perfect ... Very reminiscent of the 90s trailer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter