tatltael

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

First time poster here! I am new to this website and searched through threads discussing mattresses but I figured to bring up the subject again.

The mattress my husband and I currently use has been causing pain and injury (and insomnia for me specifically). That being said, I purchased the Beautyrest Disney Pillow Top mattress from the hospitality website for $1,700+ and I was wondering if there would be a better time to purchase this mattress for less? I honestly think this is the original price although it's showing it's "discounted". Another question I'd like to ask to anyone that owns or tried this mattress: Is this mattress worth investing in for long-term use? Does it sink? Is it prone to developing lumps? Does this mattress make you look forward to going to bed?

I've also stayed at Disney's Aulani Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Polynesian Resort. Do any of these resorts use Beautyrest?

Thank you for reading! Looking forward to everyone's responses! ❤️

tatltael@ you might check out this thread - we bought ours back during Covid lock down and had it delivered May 2020. We bought a King pillowtop for $999 which was the 50% sales price, probably trying to clear stock out of Covid fear as I doubt they were producing any at the time. I'm not sure if there is a sales cycle or not.

This topic is a few weeks old, but in case other searchers are researching I figured I'd chime in. We bought ours last fall 2021 also on 50% discount. I think the 50% discount is offered frequently (even before COVID- I watched the pricing for a few years before we bought). Just my $.02. We really like the mattress. Delivery was simple and now I sleep nightly like I'm at a Disney resort! ha!

I’m gonna reply to this only because I’m an idiot and this is kind of funny. I had years of mattresses I didn’t love which add up to decades of mattresses I didn’t love. Then one day I came across an old interview with Brad Pitt (srsly). They asked him some question like what’s the best random advice you can give and his was (paraphrasing) “buy a stiff mattress and a Tempur-Pedic topper it’s the best sleep ever.” So I ignored consumer reviews, advertising, common sense, etc. and listened to Brad Freakin Pitt (ended up with Avocado mattress and Tempur topper). And ya know what, HE WAS RIGHT.

That said, the mattresses at Disney are pretty dang comfortable :)

I was also checking out the resort collection mattresses in an attempt to purchase what we sleep on while at the BWV. Looks to me that the prices have basically doubled from what I have seen people post they had purchased one for even half way recently. Are the 50% off prices currently showing really the lowest available now?

Also, trying to compare the disney pillow top deluxe VS the Beautyrest silver hybrid dual cool matress that Costco offers. Both are 14.25”.

I’m gonna reply to this only because I’m an idiot and this is kind of funny. I had years of mattresses I didn’t love which add up to decades of mattresses I didn’t love. Then one day I came across an old interview with Brad Pitt (srsly). They asked him some question like what’s the best random advice you can give and his was (paraphrasing) “buy a stiff mattress and a Tempur-Pedic topper it’s the best sleep ever.” So I ignored consumer reviews, advertising, common sense, etc. and listened to Brad Freakin Pitt (ended up with Avocado mattress and Tempur topper). And ya know what, HE WAS RIGHT.

That said, the mattresses at Disney are pretty dang comfortable :)
Not part of Disney mat but yes we always now buy a firm mattress as it will soften and if needed buy a topper. we have a hybrid best mattress we ever bought has to be close to 10 years still as comfortable as the day we bought it. We had a seals pillow top that was around 750 half price maybe 16 years ago…. Worst purchase ever…. Read the Guarantee carefully of any mattress you need a center support on the bed frame period… if you have a bed like us with wood slats you can buy a few 2x4’s and make a center support yourself. This will greatly reduce sagging on the fine quality 😂 mattress and box springs they sell today.

We've been looking at the Disney pillow top mattress since we stayed at the GC in January. They keep showing half price but it is now $1899 for a king! Wish we had gotten the $999 deal, still deciding if this is the way to go since they cannot be returned.

Hello everyone,

First time poster here! I am new to this website and searched through threads discussing mattresses but I figured to bring up the subject again.

The mattress my husband and I currently use has been causing pain and injury (and insomnia for me specifically). That being said, I purchased the Beautyrest Disney Pillow Top mattress from the hospitality website for $1,700+ and I was wondering if there would be a better time to purchase this mattress for less? I honestly think this is the original price although it's showing it's "discounted". Another question I'd like to ask to anyone that owns or tried this mattress: Is this mattress worth investing in for long-term use? Does it sink? Is it prone to developing lumps? Does this mattress make you look forward to going to bed?

I've also stayed at Disney's Aulani Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Polynesian Resort. Do any of these resorts use Beautyrest?

Thank you for reading! Looking forward to everyone's responses! ❤️
Hi! I love my Disney bed! Can't wait to get in it every night. It has lasted and has awesome support :) I did homework - i love to research - on the Disney Mattress. I asked Disney Guest Services and here is what I found out.... Deluxe Resorts use the Beautyrest Disney bed - they make them for Disney and it is a hotel bed - Beautyrest Pillow Top Deluxe by Beautyrest Hospitality. You buy it on beautyrest Guest purchase. Some Deluxe can use the Beautyrest Deluxe Plush. The Plush is the same bed as the pillow top, but it is a little firmer with less foam. The Beautyrest Moderate Plush is used in the Moderate and Value Resorts. I bought the Disney Beautyrest Pillow Top Deluxe and love it. Now, I am working on finding out the pillows!

I never had look with pillow top mattresses.

Even the premium ones ended up sagging with a deep crater in the middle after a few years.

Never brought the Disney one so not saying that will happen, but I’ve always been weary about them.

Hopefully they last a very long time.

What foundation does Disney use with this mattress. It kind of seems like they don’t use a platform and just have them on the bedframe but I can’t remember for sure. They offer 5.5 & 9… they do let you buy just the mattress but doesn’t avoid the warranty if you don’t use a platform?

Hi! I love my Disney bed! Can't wait to get in it every night. It has lasted and has awesome support :) I did homework - i love to research - on the Disney Mattress. I asked Disney Guest Services and here is what I found out.... Deluxe Resorts use the Beautyrest Disney bed - they make them for Disney and it is a hotel bed - Beautyrest Pillow Top Deluxe by Beautyrest Hospitality. You buy it on beautyrest Guest purchase. Some Deluxe can use the Beautyrest Deluxe Plush. The Plush is the same bed as the pillow top, but it is a little firmer with less foam. The Beautyrest Moderate Plush is used in the Moderate and Value Resorts. I bought the Disney Beautyrest Pillow Top Deluxe and love it. Now, I am working on finding out the pillows!
Hey Everyone! Update....we stayed at Hawaii Aulani and they got all new beds in 2022 - "Beautyrest Pillow Top Deluxe" - it is the Disney bed by BEautyrest - they describe it on BeautyrestGuestPurchase site where they sell the actual hotel beds to people. I checked the tags on the bed and asked the front desk where to buy and they also told me beautyrest guest purchase. I also asked about California Anahaiem Hotel- stayed there, too, and they also got the Beautyrest Pillow Top Deluxe in 2022. Beautyrest Guest Purchase has other disney beds like the Beautyrest Deluxe Plush and Moderate Plush. Anyways, we love our Deluxe Pillow Top hotel bed. We bought another for our daughter's room. Amazing. :) The pillows we found were from Standard textiles.

Does the Beautyrest Deluxe Pillowtop mattress run hot? I usually find anything with foam in it too hot but always remember finding the Disney beds comfy. Wondering what folks who have the mattress have found.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter