Because it's all about that Race, 'bout that Goofy Race 2015 Updated x2 2/14 Diagon Alley!!

Man, I am SO glad I was not the only person that was confused by the challenge wording in the program!! :confused3 I wish they would have just did what they said they were going to do because it was sort of stressing me out! Like..."I walked through this tent but shouldn't I be doing something? You're still going to give me my medal, right??" :worried:

That first road when you come out of the Magic Kingdom really is the worst. I always feel pretty warm in that stretch because people are just packed in like sardines! :crowded:

I love your pictures from the race! You look so happy in all of them! That stinks that you couldn't get the Goofy pictures but the one with the Genie and Abu is a great one! And I love that shot of you two in front of SSE!!

Sounds like the 1:1 during the half was a good idea!! :thumbsup2

Great picture of you two in your Donald shirts! And look at that beautiful Dooney in your hand! ;)

That stinks that they didn't have your yearly souvenirs...:( I would be really disappointed, too!!

And oh my...look at that beautiful SparkleSkirt!! :lovestruc

Can't wait to read your marathon recap!

Woohoo Half marathon congrats! I live the Donald medals I need to run the half so I can get one.

Thank you! It's a great medal. You definitely need to run the half! I had such fun during this race.

I saw the same plastic snow globes until our last day Sunday in DHS then I saw 2015 snow globes that weren't plastic. My mom collects all of the Disney ones so I had to get her one. I knew she wouldn't want the plastic one so luckily I found it the last day.

Darn! I wish we could have found one. I asked the girl at the World of Disney store and she said they didn't have any. I looked as well when we were in MK and couldn't find one, so I gave up. I'm glad you found one for your mom though!

Ariel484 said:
I love your pictures from the race! You look so happy in all of them! That stinks that you couldn't get the Goofy pictures but the one with the Genie and Abu is a great one! And I love that shot of you two in front of SSE!!

Thank you. I was grinning like a fool during that race. Honestly, that is the most fun race I've ever run. It was just a perfect day. I thought the pictures turned out really good.

Ariel484 said:
Sounds like the 1:1 during the half was a good idea!! :thumbsup2

It seemed to work for us. It made the race crazy easy to run, if a bit long. ;)

Ariel484 said:
Great picture of you two in your Donald shirts! And look at that beautiful Dooney in your hand! ;)

Gotta love the Dooney!

Ariel484 said:
That stinks that they didn't have your yearly souvenirs...:( I would be really disappointed, too!!

And oh my...look at that beautiful SparkleSkirt!! :lovestruc

Can't wait to read your marathon recap!

I was so bummed about the souvenirs, although it sounds like maybe I just didn't look in the right place for it. Oh well...

I love that skirt. It's not very exciting as customs go, but it turned out great.

subscribing

Welcome! :goodvibes

Great job on the half! I loved the shirts you had made. I ran the 10k alone this year and really wished I had my hubs with me. I love that y'all ran together!

Just joining in. Great TR, how did you get such a great van rental?

We were at DHS the same day as your family and it seemed like the park was not crowded overall but the restaurants were. We ate at Planet Pizza (no reservation) but still took 30 minutes to que through the line to get food. Really wanted to try the sci-fi drive in place, maybe next time.

The Tower of Terror was great (10 minutes with FP) and the Aerosmith coaster was fun too.

Love your shirts. Always admire the creativity runners put in their outfits.
Glad your rental house worked out, we have a timeshare in Kissimmee but worried the traffic warnings about getting into the races were legit and didn't want to risk it. The Magical Express was fantastic and riding the buses from our Disney resort to the runs all 4 days was easy.

I'm with you on the Disney Pace police and the confusion over check ins and wristbands required after the runs. Would definitely have stopped for more characters if I didn't think time was a factor.

Can't wait for your marathon finale.

Great job on the half! I loved the shirts you had made. I ran the 10k alone this year and really wished I had my hubs with me. I love that y'all ran together!

He really is the best running partner evah! He could run much faster than me if he wanted, but he's been such a great support for me and my rock when I struggle in races. I'm really lucky. :lovestruc

Just joining in. Great TR, how did you get such a great van rental?

Welcome. :goodvibes It was total luck on that rental. A few months out from the trip I just would randomly check on rental prices and one day I was searching and found it from Enterprise. I even checked two different sites because I thought I was seeing things. But, sure enough. So, I booked it quick before it changed. The guy at the counter mentioned that he knew they had run some really steep discount rate for a short period a few months back on minivans and premium cars but he didn't know why. So, sheer luck but I was stoked when I found it.

We were at DHS the same day as your family and it seemed like the park was not crowded overall but the restaurants were. We ate at Planet Pizza (no reservation) but still took 30 minutes to que through the line to get food. Really wanted to try the sci-fi drive in place, maybe next time.

The Tower of Terror was great (10 minutes with FP) and the Aerosmith coaster was fun too.

It really was a good day at the park. Tower of Terror is amazing.

Love your shirts. Always admire the creativity runners put in their outfits.
Glad your rental house worked out, we have a timeshare in Kissimmee but worried the traffic warnings about getting into the races were legit and didn't want to risk it. The Magical Express was fantastic and riding the buses from our Disney resort to the runs all 4 days was easy.

We've driven in from offsite the last two years and had no problem with traffic. We do leave pretty early though to be sure we are ahead of the traffic, but both years it was a breeze with hardly anyone else on the roads. I'm sure it does get bad later though.

I'm with you on the Disney Pace police and the confusion over check ins and wristbands required after the runs. Would definitely have stopped for more characters if I didn't think time was a factor.

Can't wait for your marathon finale.

Yeah, I was really stressed about that during the races and a bit irritated after that I let myself stress about it. :rotfl:

It's been a crazy week at work and home, but planning to do some major updates this weekend, so stay tuned!

Isn't crazy how fast the half went by?! The photographs got some nice pictures of you and your husband running towards the end. Congrats on a good finish!

You guys look great with the shirts on! The colors really pop! Those might be my favorite shirts out of the three.

Isn't crazy how fast the half went by?! The photographs got some nice pictures of you and your husband running towards the end. Congrats on a good finish!

You guys look great with the shirts on! The colors really pop! Those might be my favorite shirts out of the three.

It really did fly by. And thanks about the pictures. I was pretty pleased with the photo package this year. And, I agree about the Donald shirt. At first I thought I favored the black marathon shirt, but I find myself pulling out the red one to wear more often.

Sunday January 11

Just like the day before, our alarms woke us up dark and early around 2:30 AM. YAWN!!!!! Still we got around pretty quickly and got ourselves ready to go. We ate a quick breakfast and drank some coffee before getting my sister up to drive us to Epcot. She was taking us today because she was planning to bring the girls to Epcot for the day and to see us in Germany as we were charging (or limping) along to the finish line!!!

I really felt pretty good. Tired obviously, but my legs were feeling good, so our strategy of taking the half really easy seemed to have worked out as planned. Still, I was a little worried about how I'd be feeling once we got going.

Much like the day before, traffic was light and this time we followed the signs for runner drop-off. After she let us out, we walked as directed near the entrance gates of Epcot. A CM was yelling out "Last real bathrooms to your right before the starting corrals!" I gave her a very big thank you for that and she said, "I'm a runner. We understand the importance of these things." ;)

So, after a real bathroom stop, we walked on just like before toward the starting corrals. We went ahead and just walked slowly but decided to head straight on out to the corral. We followed our same strategy as yesterday and settled in near the back of the corral to wait for the start.

Tired eyes again.

We again had some throw-down shirts and old mylar wraps so we were reasonably comfortable while waiting. Like yesterday we waited until around 5:15 or so to head to the porta potties. UNLIKE yesterday, the lines were really long. Yikes. Still we got in line and waited patiently. While waiting, Chris said to me, "Hey, isn't that the girl from that message board you read?" Chris doesn't belong here, but he has read Shannon's (Ariel484) great trip reports about the races. I turned and there she was. I gave her a wave and shout out. :wave2: It was cool to see her although we didn't really talk much. While we were in line, the national anthem was sung and I was getting a little worried about getting back to the corrals, but realistically we knew our corral wouldn't be moving up for probably another 15 minutes or so.

We did get back to the corral and again lingered toward the back as the groups were walked forward. Photographers again...

Gotta remember to lift those shirts to get those numbers visible. Because it was warmer this morning, we both ditched our shirts in the boxes as we were moving forward. Pretty soon we were up to the start and it was our turn. Our own fireworks and we were off!!

We again got a good start off the start line with much less crowding at the back of the corral. For the marathon our plan was to run 2/1 intervals unless or until we got overly tired at which point we'd switch back to 1/1. My legs protested a bit for those first few intervals as they got warmed up, but overall I felt really good.

We cruised along just enjoying ourselves and before long came upon the same first character stop as in the half. ARRRRR! There be pirates here!!!!

But we didn't want to stop. Long line and since we've got pictures with them before we decided to keep moving. I was holding out hope that maybe Royal Mickey might be out for the marathon and I still wanted that picture.

A little way past the pirates this was in the median and for some reason I wanted a picture of it. :confused3

We wasted who knows how long walking over to get this. :lmao:

Back on the road and heading along toward the most magical place on earth.

By this time my legs were warmed up and I was feeling pretty good. My energy and spirits were high and once again I was just enjoying myself. We again passed up the Nightmare before Christmas setup and Wreck it Ralph shots because of long lines. We almost stopped for Wreck it Ralph, but only Ralph was out at that time and with the long line we skipped it.

These early miles were going by pretty easily and we were chugging along.
I always love this mile marker since you know that you are getting really close to that lovely run down Main Street.

Chris was keeping track of our overall pace and I think we were somewhere between 13 and 13:30 min/mile as we entered Magic Kingdom. So some decent time banked for later character shots!

As always the run down Main Street is the absolute best part of the entire race. I was so happy to be here again.

We didn't stop while running down for a shot this time, but continued on into Tomorrowland. We saw Buzz out for pictures but weren't interested in that one and we were planning to hit the bathrooms over by Space Mountain we had eyed the day before. But as we started to peel off, there was a CM there telling people they had to use the ones on the other side. Bummer as we knew those lines would be long. Still we ran on over and got in line. I debated running past and going to the bathrooms by the teacups but was afraid we might get blocked again by a CM, so we just stood in line.

After the stop, we went past the Alice character stop (I actually think the rabbit was out) and rounded the corner. I don't remember if Ulf the mime was out this time although he might have been. Again I have lots of running shots in the package, but I'm not always sure from the backgrounds which park we are in. HA! This might be Magic Kingdom???

Somebody who recognizes those lanterns in the background can correct me if I'm wrong. :lmao:

Anyway, we headed toward the castle and I was soooooo hoping that Mickey would be there. But.....no. :sad1: Anna, Elsa and Kristof were present again instead of the trumpeters. Still we were obviously having fun as we charged through the castle.

We had decided to get another castle shot during the marathon like we did during the half, so we split off at the bottom. The lines were a bit longer but still went quick. Our overall pace was now a little over 14 min/mile since the bathroom stop, but still doing fine.

Look! It's a castle.

We finished up here and ran on. There were a couple of other character stops, but nothing that interested us too much so we kept going. As we approached the normal princess/prince set up at the back of MK, we saw Aurora and Phillip, but we'd gotten a shot with Aurora before and the line was really long, so we passed it up again.

All too soon, we were leaving. Bye, bye MK. :(

After leaving MK, we again were faced with some pretty crowded roads, although they seemed like it wasn't quite as tight as it had been during the half. Honestly a bit of this section of the race is a fog for me. But, we were doing reasonably well. We could see a character stop up ahead on the left and we spotted Mary Poppins. We've never had a shot with her and the line wasn't too bad, and we'd had no character shots yet, so we hopped over to get in line.

As we were waiting, we heard someone behind us say, "Oh good, you guys found her." We turned around and saw these guys...

I thought these were just awesome costumes although I couldn't figure out how they could stand to run in those getups. Still, completely amazing outfits. Pretty soon we were up at the front

Pretty Mary

We headed off although I would have loved to linger and see how Mary interacted with the chimney sweeps. We cruised on for a bit and the golf course was coming up on the right. I told Chris that regardless of the line, if Goofy was out, we were stopping. Sure enough, he was there with Donald in their golfing duds. The line was HUGE, but we stopped. Chris timed it and we were in this line almost 15 minutes. :eek: I was convinced that they were going to pull Goofy out before we could get up there, but luckily no. My favorite shot from both races...

So, so happy that we got the chance to see Goofy while on the race course.
We ran on feeling pretty good and happy. Pretty soon it was time to enter the raceway. This is another section of the course that's not too interesting. And, it's a horrible entry into the racetrack. It's a very steep down and up with a sharp turn to get into it. Who thinks that's a good thing to do to runners? :confused3 We got into the speedway and cruised around without much fanfare. in 2013 when we ran they at least at Lightning McQueen and Mater in here for pictures, but last year and this year, no character shots at all. So, we just kept moving along until we were eventually done and headed out. At this point I was starting to get pretty down about the run. My legs still felt pretty good, but I was just mentally D.O.N.E. I just was tired of running. And, of course I'm running along thinking, "17 more miles of this." But, still, whatcha gonna do at this point, but just keep running.

Shortly after leaving the speedway, we saw the 10 mile marker sign and just being in double digits lifted my spirits a bit.

I think it was somewhere right around here that we also came upon the villain set up. We've gotten this shot twice before, but I've always missed Maleficent. Well, this time she was there, but holy cow the line was CRAZY. We were now a little below the 15 min/mile mark as we'd gained back some time but I think we were still something like 14:50 min/mile, so sadly we ran on past. I'd also thought I remembered it was on this stretch that you would start to see signs like, "Are your dogs tired?" which led you up to a stop that in years past had included Pluto, Bolt and Dug. But, this year...no. :(

We cruised on along and past the smelly treatment plant (at least I think this is the stretch where that is). Wow! It really does smell horrible here. Disney puts up all these little factoid signs about how many gallons of water they process here etc, but sorry, Disney, that does not distract from the smell. Blech. :faint: We soldiered on here knowing that not far ahead lay Animal Kingdom and another opportunity for some fun scenery and photo ops.

While we were in the raceway, I had told Chris my legs were getting sore and tired, so he pulled out some Excedrin we'd brought along. I took those and as we were approaching AK, they were starting to do their job. I felt my spirits lifting as we approached the park. These big puppet things were out.

Ha! The guy behind us in this shot cracks me up! :lmao:

Then there was a line-up of various animals. We stopped here a couple of minutes to look them over. We look better than this guy!

There was also this funky bird. His feathers looked like a reptile of some kind.

We headed on into the park and saw a stop with a very short line and it was a character we've not stopped for before. Hey, Jiminy!

We ran on into the park and again in a pretty short distance we saw this guy with absolutely no line. I couldn't figure out why nobody was stopping, but hey, good for us. :thumbsup2 Hi, Baloo!

We zipped along and both decided a real bathroom stop was in order again. We ducked into one and there was basically no line, so we were on our way quickly again. Cruising along...

I think maybe Daisy Duck was meeting here in Dinoland but we had a shot with her and Minnie from back in 2013, so we ran on past. Sadly we were heading out of AK far too quickly and I knew some long and unpleasant miles were ahead of us. But, the treck through the park had been so much fun and seeing this sign always makes you feel good. Halfway there, baby!!

Sunday January 11​
Okay, let's see how I manage an update with the new board configuration. Wish me luck! :)

After passing the halfway mark and feeling such a great boost from running through AK, I was back to starting to dread the next several miles. Having run this course twice before, I knew that I had nearly 9 miles before getting back into another park and that these miles would take me through the dreaded Wide World of Sports complex. We were still managing pretty well with the 2/1 intervals, but I could definitely feel the fatigue setting in and started talking to Chris about considering a drop to 1/1 intervals. After some discussion we agreed to get to mile 15 and then assess how we felt.

This section of the course takes you along Osceola Parkway for a few miles and it's a very long and boring stretch of road. You can also catch a glimpse of the folks who are WELL ahead of you and past mile 20. I always feel very jealous of those people right about here. I do think when we got to the 15 mile mark we switched to 1/1 intervals. We might have gone to closer to 16, but I know it was somewhere along about here that we changed.

Along this stretch are the undertakers (grave diggers) who are in the median of the road. We always pass them by, but many people run over and lay down in the grass for a shot. I always admire these folks because I can't imagine trying to get back up after that when you are at mile 16 or so of a marathon. As we ran past I noticed a group of people in the green WISH shirts that I see from the DisBoard folks who frequent the WISH forum. I didn't recognize any of them, but maybe someone reading does. :D I think right around this time we also started to get some rain. It really wasn't bad since it was a pretty light misting rain and lasted only a short time.

On we ran and made the turn into WWoS. There's a section of road here divided by cones where and you are running past the people who have navigated WWoS and are headed back out. Ah, the jealousy. It's pretty tight through here as well and we were struggling a bit to maintain our intervals, but mostly we managed. Further into WWoS and around mile 18 we saw this big guy.

They were also handing out wet washcloths to cool yourself, but I didn't really need one since the rain had taken care of that for me. We snapped a quick selfie and I sent it to my sister, who was at Epcot with the girls, to let her know where we were and that we were still trucking along.

There are lots of twists and turns through here and it feels like you are back in here forever! I always think that we must be nearly to Champion stadium every time I turn a corner, but it comes far later in this section than I think it will. Still we did eventually round the corner and start our approach to the stadium. We saw our next character opportunity with NO LINE. Sweet!

Aren't they just adorable in their referee outfits? We ran on into the stadium and I could definitely feel my spirits sagging again. This race was definitely a roller coaster for me as far as my mood went. My body and legs felt reasonably good, but man, mentally I was just over it. We ran around the stadium and headed back out.

We finally got to start on our way out of WWoS. I could see some people still running into this section of the race, but it was definitely getting to the end of the crowd. I was kinda scanning for balloon ladies, but never saw them.

In a short while, we finally saw this welcome sight.

Even though there are still 6.2 miles left to go, there's something about seeing a 2 as the first number in the mileage that makes you feel better.

Continued in next post.

Last edited:
Alright! Getting caught up!

First of all - the new board configuration. I used to post primarily on a different Disney message board that uses this same software. Once you get used to it I bet you will like it!! I'm glad to see the DIS changed over to this (but I hated it at first on the old board!). :)

Anyway...that was pretty awesome of your sister to drive you to Epcot!! Yay Nanny McMarmoo!!

And yay for a porta-potty DISmeet!! :rotfl: So glad to run into you guys! Thanks for the shoutout. :)

They really love to use that pirate ship, don't they?? I think I've seen that out at every Disney half marathon and marathon I've done!!

Okay, the lady in this picture to the left of you is KILLING ME!! :rotfl: You look so cute and happy and she looks...like that!

I THINK you're right that those lanterns are in the MK! And I'm still so sad for you that you banked time for Royal Mickey and he wasn't there!! :sad: Sad for all of us, really.

OMG your Royal Blue vented slim!! :lovestruc Love it! (Have I told you that yet?? ;) ) And love your castle shots!!

We may have discussed this...is it just me, or were the character meets in the MK this year a little blah? :(

The chimney sweeps!! A few of them were in my corral! I'm with you - I don't know how they could handle that for 26.2 miles!!

YES!! Golfer Goofy!! I'm so glad you guys stopped for that one, what a great shot!

I was looking for the Bolt/Dug/Pluto meet too. So sad it wasn't out this year! :(

Look at the Chip & Dale picture! Love it!! I'm so sad I missed that one!

Woohoo mile 20!! Almost GOOFY!! :goofy: :goofy:

Seriously impressed how great you both have done! I bet seeing the 20 was like sweet relief.

I don't know how people can lay down for the grave digger photos. They would have to sweep me from there bc I would be stuck on the ground for sure! I think golfer Mickey/goofy have been my fav characters from all the marathon TR, I would have waited too they are adorable

I can't remember if I replied on here or not, but I'm here! I'm not a runner but I'm loving your pictures! The PHM is on my bucket list!

They really love to use that pirate ship, don't they?? I think I've seen that out at every Disney half marathon and marathon I've done!!

They sure do. It is a good set up and I think it's a popular stop, but I'd love to see them change things up a bit.
OMG your Royal Blue vented slim!! :lovestruc Love it! (Have I told you that yet?? ;) ) And love your castle shots!!

We may have discussed this...is it just me, or were the character meets in the MK this year a little blah? :(

The chimney sweeps!! A few of them were in my corral! I'm with you - I don't know how they could handle that for 26.2 miles!!

Thank you. I love the skirt too. Like I said, a bit boring, but very versatile and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. The castle shots are great. I love them. And, yes, I felt like the stops in MK were blah. I mean Ulf was cool, but other than that. Meh. We basically just ran straight through during the marathon other than the castle shots. I felt like I ended up rushing through my favorite part of the race.

YES!! Golfer Goofy!! I'm so glad you guys stopped for that one, what a great shot!

I was looking for the Bolt/Dug/Pluto meet too. So sad it wasn't out this year! :(

Look at the Chip & Dale picture! Love it!! I'm so sad I missed that one!

Golfer Goofy was totally worth the wait. So happy about that one, even if it did add nearly a minute to a minute/mile pace at that point. :rotfl:

Seriously impressed how great you both have done! I bet seeing the 20 was like sweet relief.

I don't know how people can lay down for the grave digger photos. They would have to sweep me from there bc I would be stuck on the ground for sure! I think golfer Mickey/goofy have been my fav characters from all the marathon TR, I would have waited too they are adorable

Thank you! There's just something about seeing 20 miles that gives you a mental boost. And, I'm so with you on the grave diggers. No way that's happening for me!!

I can't remember if I replied on here or not, but I'm here! I'm not a runner but I'm loving your pictures! The PHM is on my bucket list!

Welcome. Glad to have you here. I wasn't a runner either until 2012 and now I'm completely addicted to it and especially to RunDisney races. You should totally go for it. I haven't done PHM, but would like to do it one day.

So, sometime after getting past the 20 mile mark, I was just feeling so tired and didn't want to run anymore. I was completely confident about finishing although a little paranoid about the 16 min/mile pace thing and the Goofy medal. Still, I told Chris that I wanted to walk for a bit. I knew I'd feel more excited one we got to Hollywood Studios, so I asked if we might just walk until we got to that point. As usual, he was a champ and put up with my wimpy desires.

We were still walking at a decent pace, so it wasn't have too much impact on our pace that had solidified pretty well around a 15:40 or so, I think. Around mile 21, we saw Sarge ahead yelling out to people and we wanted to stop for a picture. Just as we walked up to him though he charged further up the road and was yelling at people up there. We waited for a few seconds, but he didn't seem to be heading back down so we gave up and walked on. Wish now we would have waited a bit longer, but oh well.

About the time we got to mile 22 (which was a really low point for me the first year we ran in the heat of 2013), I started to feel better again. It was also about the time that Chris decided he was STARVING. He basically cleaned me out of any remaining fuel I had in my pockets. I sent a text to my sister who was planning to see us in Germany and asked her to buy him a pretzel for when we arrive. :)

Since I was feeling better again, we went back to running our 1:1 intervals and the next mile flew by and it felt like in no time we were turning into Hollywood Studios.

Our obligatory selfie with the best ride in WDW!!!

Along in here is also the chocolate stop. I know lots of people don't like the idea of eating chocolate at this point in the run, but Chris and I scarfed down two or three a piece. :rotfl:

Character stop ahead with almost no line!!

Ha! I finally got Chris to pose silly for a character shot!!

We cruised on through Hollywood and I was back to feeling pretty good and happy. My walk break seemed to have given me some new life.

The first year I ran, I would throw my arms up in the air every time I saw a photographer. Apparently this year we were all about the :thumbsup2

The run through Hollywood was over all too soon and we were headed out through the parking lot and on our way to the Boardwalk. I really enjoy this part of the race. There are usually a lot of spectators and lots of encouragement and it's just a really pretty area. It gets tight through here again and a few times we had to walk when we wanted to run, but we were having fun! We spotted our chimney sweeps again.

I think this is along the boardwalk.

A few more turns along the boardwalk and we found ourselves entering Epcot! It's such a great feeling to get here and know that you are so close to the finish. We felt good and were ready to finish this thing.

I had told my sister to wait for us in Germany (pretzel in hand) and pretty soon we spotted them off to the side. It was so great to see her and the girls and they gave us some huge cheers as we approached. We talked with them for a few minutes while we munched on the pretzel. Time for a quick shot and no doubt the best "characters" we saw along the way!

We waved goodbye telling them we'd meet them at the car in a bit and headed on toward the end.

Spaceship Earth ahead!!

Round a couple more corners came the gospel choir and this beautiful sight!

Around two more corners and into the chute toward the finish!! I was feeling so happy and ready to finish this thing. We ran on through the cheering and on to finish our first Goofy!!

What a great feeling!!! Official finish time of 6:52:39 with a pace of 15:45 min/mile. Actually a PR for us for a Disney marathon. :cool1:

We headed on through the finish area and claimed our lovely Mickey medals!!

We also got this cooling cloth things which is around my neck. I really didn't need it, but we did keep them for future races. I really wanted a new mylar wrap since we had tossed our old ones at the beginning of the race, but none were being handed out. :(

We headed on over to the Goofy tent to get our next bling. There were people with laptops sitting here checking people. There was a woman in front of us that had some kind of problem with hers. I think he couldn't find where she had finished the half. :scared1: He was trying to talk to her, but we think she was deaf, so she was struggling to understand what he wanted her to do. Finally another racer got her pointed in the right direction to go to another person who must have been responsible for solving disputes. I felt so bad for her. I hope everything worked out. While we were waiting though it got me really nervous that something would go wrong for us. Luckily when we got up, he looked at our bibs looked on his laptop and said, "You guys are good" and waved us through. Phew! Up next that amazing Goofy medal was ours.

After two years of thinking and dreaming about going Goofy, we had finally done it. I was just so happy!!

We didn't linger in the finish area, but instead starting walking toward the parking lot where my sis and girls were waiting in the car. After a little bit of needless wandering, we found them and got headed back to the house. We got cleaned up and ate a quick lunch that we were sooooooo ready to eat! I took a minute to lay out my bib and medals and just appreciate the accomplishment.

Knowing that if I stopped moving for long, I'd be down for the count. We loaded up and headed back to Epcot for some rides and dinner.

Woohoo congrats on Goofy! I really want to do it myself sometime in the future.

Woohoo congrats on Goofy! I really want to do it myself sometime in the future.
Thank you. :goodvibes:

I'd definitely encourage it. Then again, I"m addicted to Disney races, so my opinion might be biased.

Our previous two weekends were to run the Marathon race (and, no, I refuse to say ONLY the marathon). Seriously where else but at Disney do people say things like only a marathon? It's nutso.

LOVING your report so far!! I run too and I hate when people don't give themselves credit and say "only" - either way, a huge accomplishment.

Proudly sporting our new 1/2 Marathon shirts. :)

Love these. The red is such a great color for them!!

I really felt pretty good. Tired obviously, but my legs were feeling good, so our strategy of taking the half really easy seemed to have worked out as planned. Still, I was a little worried about how I'd be feeling once we got going.

I loved reading about your two races. I have started running 2:1 or 1:1 and I love it so far. Congratulations on your big finish!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter