Belle New Look On The Way

Do they still have belle in her blue dress?? I've always liked belle in her provincial life dress than ball gown. How will this revamp affect the show at hs??

More pictures...

tumblr_mi2w5qRxTQ1qcphr5o3_250.jpg

tumblr_mi2w5qRxTQ1qcphr5o2_250.jpg

tumblr_mi2w5qRxTQ1qcphr5o5_250.jpg

tumblr_mi2w5qRxTQ1qcphr5o4_500.jpg

tumblr_mi2w5qRxTQ1qcphr5o3_250.jpg

Haven't read all the posts above but here's my 2cents.

OK, so when I first saw pictures the other day, i wasn't very happy with the changes. I was quite upset about it actually. BUT, I have since then seen new pics (different than the ones above), from disneyland actually. Anyways, I've seen this you tube video just posted with the debut of her new dress in the Enchanted Story time. Now I really like it. It looks very nice to me!

http://youtu.be/V7W42Fej9FY
Debut of Belle's New Dress at Enchanted Tales with Belle in Magic Kingdom is the title.

Yes but this doesn't even look like Belle anymore :sad2: It looks nothing like in the movie. Why mess with outfits that have been around for decades? I don't think Disney is going to sell more merchandise now that they've changed the outfits. They'll certainly sell LESS to people in our house. The new outfits are terrible and there has already been several things we would have purchased but won't because the Disney Princesses simply now look like a Barbie doll dressed as a Princess.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Agreed. But after seeing the more recent pictures I don't think she looks AS BAD as I thought she did in the original post we saw.

I'm still not understanding the need to do this. Was Disney not selling as much Princess merch and they felt that redesigning the girls would help bring sales up? I don't it. Why try to fix something that's not broke?

"Change...change is good". :thumbsup2

attachment.php

537px-MyArt.jpg

They are modernizing the princesses, just as they have with other characters in the past. I see nothing wrong with it.

"Change...change is good". :thumbsup2

They are modernizing the princesses, just as they have with other characters in the past. I see nothing wrong with it.

I don't see the meet to modernize the princesses so that they look like Barbie :confused3 They're completely changing them so that they no longer look like they do in their movies.

Disney_Princess83 said:
I don't see the meet to modernize the princesses so that they look like Barbie :confused3 They're completely changing them so that they no longer look like they do in their movies.
They are changing them from how they were originally drawn, but they are still recognizable.

Disney_Princess83 said:
I don't feel that Belle is, Cinderella looks like she's had cosmetic surgery, Ariel is far more heavily shaded in the new versions.

I can't speak for everyone. I can only contribute that my three year old daughter had no problem identifying her as Belle.

I don't understand the need either. Has anyone ever even complained about the Disney Princesses? The point of Disney is that it's timeless. Everyone loves Disney, the movies, and the characters. It's been enjoyed by so many generations and if anything needs to be changed, it's the thinking behind the need for changing the actual princesses or other Disney characters.

If they're going to change anything, it should be to enhance meeting the princesses, which is what they've been aiming for at both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom with their magical meet and greets (by Disneyland I mean the Fantasy Faire that's under construction right now).

If they change the look they can sell new merchandise to you even after you have already purchased all the princess items. Now the little girls will want the new dress, the new doll, the new shirt etc with their favorite princess. It is all about marketing and money.

I understand to a point that Disney feels the need to update the princesses.
They did the same with Mickey over the years.

But...... My biggest problem with this (and I think a previous poster said it too) is that they all now look like Barbie dolls dressed to look like the princesses!
It's almost obscene to see that they are now so full-chested and with this tiny waist and all this ridiculous makeup!

Come on Disney! :( What are you telling our kids now with this "new look"???

I understand to a point that Disney feels the need to update the princesses.
They did the same with Mickey over the years.

But...... My biggest problem with this (and I think a previous poster said it too) is that they all now look like Barbie dolls dressed to look like the princesses!
It's almost obscene to see that they are now so full-chested and with this tiny waist and all this ridiculous makeup!

Come on Disney! :( What are you telling our kids now with this "new look"???

Well said!

DD5 and I were looking at some of the princess merchandise on the Disney Store website the other day, and her comment was "They are wearing a lot of makeup." A couple of them she said were "just ok" and others she said she liked "the old one better."

379188_604917090606_809887600_n.jpg

thought i would share. SUPER SUPER hate this. they look NOTHING like the originals in the films, are too skinny & sexy... updating? Please... If they weren't wearing dresses that nodded to their movies I would have no clue who they were! They all look the same - what an excellent image for young girls to strive for...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter