• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best attraction in all of the 4 parks?

Best ride in the 4 parks

• Soarin'

• Expedition Everest

• Space Mountain

• Tower of Terror

• Toy Story Mania

• Rock n Rollercoaster

• Splash Mountain

• Dinosaur

• Test Track

• Pirates of the Caribbean

• Haunted Mansion

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soarin is in the lead? :confused:
Something must be wrong with me.:sad2: I totally respect other people's opinion, but I've ridden Soarin 4 times now trying to grasp what people love so much about it and I just don't get it. I don't dislike the ride. It's fine, but it's just an IMAX film showing film of first person flight experience. The best ride in all of WDW?!

Toy Story Mania!! Brings back memories of when i watched that movies as a child

I'm going to move this over to the Community Board

I chose "other" and here's why. I know the title asks for Best Ride in the 4 Parks, but I think one overlooked ride is Summit Plummet. This is the tallest water slide IN THE WORLD! and it is right here at WDW. This thing is a beast and I don't think it gets the attention or respect it deserves. They even highlight it on a lot of the Travel Channel shows but nary a peep on the disboards. Give it some props people. :thumbsup2

I love Summit Plummet,however it just doesn't compare to the other rides mentioned here.It's a totally different thing,plus these speed slides are at pretty much every waterpark out there,sure this one is the tallest or second tallest in the world and the whole park has awesome theming,and while it's very thrilling it just can't compare.Even over at Wet n Wild I would prefer their Bomb Bay speed slide,not as tall but standing on a trap door that opens up and you just fall puts it ahead of Summit Plummet for me,also the wait for this one is usually way less than SP.

It's fine, but it's just an IMAX film showing film of first person flight experience. The best ride in all of WDW?!

You may have missed the part where the seats rise up and tilt and the wind is blowing in your face, and the smells, such as the orange groves, are pumped into the room.

But it's not my favorite ride either, and it is not as wildly popular in California as it is in Florida.

Wow, some interesting data to be sure.

A few thoughts.
First of all, I probably shouldn't have included Dinosaur (only 1 lonely vote). I wanted at least 2 rides from each park, but maybe should have gone with Kilimanjaro safari instead.
I'm really surprised at the little support for Space Mountain. I know it's not very new, but I thought there would be more SM supporters out there.
It's neat that the top 4 vote getters are each located in different parks. That shows smart planning by Disney
I'm surprised that the Haunted Mansion got twice as many votes as Pirates of the Caribbean.
I'm also glad to see that so many others agree with me that the best ride in all of the parks is Soarin' :thumbsup2

Also, I had trouble finding this thread. It says it was moved to the Community Board yesterday, but I couldn't find it there. I finally did find it still on the Theme Parks board, but it says it was moved? I don't mind that it was moved (did seem kind of weird though seeing it really is about theme parks), but just wondering why it doesn't seem to want to appear at it's new designated home. It seems to be stuck in Limbo.

Anyway, thanks for all the votes. Some really interesting results.

I voted Haunted Mansion for pure nostalgia. POTC, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain are all close to top spot, too. Those're all rides from MK, which, ironically, I now consider my second favourite park after EPCOT (for the Showcase and because it's still "roamable" during peak visit times).

I'm definitely among those who do not find Soarin' (or, for that matter Test Track) to be very interesting. I'd honestly just as soon get on Stitch's Greatest Escape as Soarin'.

Among the newer parks, I have to say they've made some good thrill rides. TOT and Expedition Everest are really great. But thrill rides don't convey a lot of whimsy or character, which I why I wouldn't feel like voting for them.

Oh, this is a hard question. I love so many of the rides and for different reasons. But I picked Splash Mountain because right now, that is the ride that me, my husband, and my kids just love to go on. I like how long of a ride it is and that it combines Disney Audio-Animatronics with a thrill ride that is still tame enough for the whole family.

Of course, I adore a lot of the other rides too but if I have to pick one, it would be Splash Mountain (at least at this time in my life - ask my next year, it might change :)

My vote goes to Soarin'. LOVED it at DCA. Splash Mountain comes in as a close 2nd.

OMG are you kidding me???? They are all very good, it is really tough to point out what is our one favorite attraction in Disney. After a long thought, I chose TSM because that is what my family as a whole would say. Now for me, I would definately choose Soarin, my DD6 would say the same because she is the only one that will ride with me multiple times while my DD8 and DH goes off to do the Kim Possible adventure.

This is tough, but I'll go with Pirates. pirate:
Ask me again in 5-min & I'll probably have a different favorite. Hard to pick only one. :eek:

Just thought I'd comment......
Have you been to Disneyland? It's Pirates is even better! It's about twice as long, two drops, and the Blue Bayou (yum, yum) restaurant is inside the ride (like Mexico at Epcot). WDW's line is a lot more exciting and "realistic" though. But at the same time, I'd say that going to DL was actually a wasted day. We did almost everything in both parks in 10 hrs or less. So only go if you've never been and you're already out west. It only has about 4 things up on WDW. Sorry West Coasters! :sad1:

Have you been to Disneyland? It's Pirates is even better! It's about twice as long, two drops, and the Blue Bayou (yum, yum) restaurant is inside the ride (like Mexico at Epcot). WDW's line is a lot more exciting and "realistic" though. But at the same time, I'd say that going to DL was actually a wasted day. We did almost everything in both parks in 10 hrs or less. So only go if you've never been and you're already out west. It only has about 4 things up on WDW. Sorry West Coasters! :sad1:

Pirates is about 11 minutes in WDW, 15 in DL.

Both parks in 10 hours or less? I guess you didn't get to Aladdin or Diamond Horseshoe or the story-telling room in Innoventions or see Pixar Play Parade or visit Disney Animation or Fantasmic or the Pirate Island... these are all fairly time-consuming attractions... and quite a bit different than WDW.

We try to hit 2 Disney trips a year if possible, and usually Disneyland is worked in about 1 out of the 4 trips...so every other year or so. Yeah, overall we prefer Disneyworld, but the classic park is really not to be missed. The matterhorn...mr toads wild ride...alice in wonderland dark ride etc. Plus the variations in some of the duplicate rides like pirates (you mentioned) and haunted mansion. Just a classic place to be. We usually take 5 days on our DLand trips, and IMO you need at least 3. Of course to each his own :flower3:

Don't forget the billion dollar expansion to California Adventure ongoing. :yay:

But time-wise overall you are right. Our DWorld trips need to be longer to fit it all in (7 days...10 or 14 if you can swing it). I am glad they seem to be slowly replacing all of the "space filler" rides from the earlier new rapid park expansions with a little more substance. :thumbsup2

-Jimbo

I'm going to move this over to the Community Board

Also, I had trouble finding this thread. It says it was moved to the Community Board yesterday, but I couldn't find it there. I finally did find it still on the Theme Parks board, but it says it was moved? I don't mind that it was moved (did seem kind of weird though seeing it really is about theme parks), but just wondering why it doesn't seem to want to appear at it's new designated home. It seems to be stuck in Limbo.

Anyway, thanks for all the votes. Some really interesting results.

You know, sometimes I really can be a bit slow on the draw. After all this time on the DIS, I never realized that the Theme Parks had it's own community board. I thought when the Mod moved it to the Community Board that they meant the Big Community Board Forum (even though I could never find it over there). It finally hit me this morning to look at the top of the last post and follow the trail, and lo and behold I come across the Theme Park Community Board.
Growing up we would have had an expression for this - Dawn breaks on marble head. :rotfl:

So my apologies to Ryley26 for doubting your sanity / decision. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter