• Rock n Rollercoaster

• Splash Mountain

• Dinosaur

• Test Track

• Pirates of the Caribbean

• Haunted Mansion

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
My vote was for Soarin. I absolutely love this ride and I try to get on it at least six time when we are there.

My vote went to Haunted Mansion, but this kind of poll really shows how different people like different things. I rode Soarin' once, thought it was alright, and haven't ridden it in the two trips I've been back since. But obviously lots of people love it. Part of Disney's appeal is definitely their finding the right balance of attractions that give enjoyable choices to so many different people.

Sheena--a nerd? Look at me! The one attraction I always head to first thing is--TTA.
Now THAT'S a nerd.

Those are all great!
But the 3 can't miss Disneyworld attractions to me are:

Spaceship Earth
Fantasmic
Festival of the Lioin King

If I don't get to see any of these 3 things on my trip down I feel like something is missing.

That's a difficult choice to make. But, if I have to pick just one, my all time favorite is Pirates.

I voted for Splash Mountain. It was the first thrill ride I ever went on, and everything about it is awesome.

I voted for Soarin. Even though I prefer a ride on RnRC, ToT or EE, I think Soarin is "the best" because it appeals to a wider variety of people. For example, at 3, my dd was tall enough for Soarin and loved it! At that age, the themes of some of the rides scared her, even if she was tall enough, like ToT, PotC and HM. Even Splash was too dark for her in parts. :sad2:

Soarin' is one of the few rides that the whole family could ride together and all have a blast! (So was Teamboat Springs -- to throw in another water park ride!)

I always vote for Splash mountain in these polls, as it is my "favorite" ride because.

1) Takes a fairly lame amusement park ride (log flume) and turns it into something amazing.
2) Great theming with a true through story that anyone can understand - "There's no place like home!".
3) Uses a severely underseen Disney film, yet still feels classic.
4) Songs are fantastic - Extra points for the using in a song with the line... "What goes up is sure to come down..."
5) A bit of a thrill, yet most anyone can ride it...DD went on at 4.
6) Ride is extremely long.
When you combine all of this, it encompasses all that is Walt Disney World in a single package. Though it arrives 25 years after his death, you KNOW Walt would have absolutely loved it.

BTW, Tower of Terror is my #2, because it does #1 above so well (I find most drop rises tedious rather than thrilling)... but it falls short on #6 as it is way too short a ride.

SkierPete

Right now it's Splash Mtn. Since I haven't been to the World for a number of years I haven't gotten a chance to ride some of the newer favorites like Soarin, Test Track, Expedition Everest, Toy Story Mania, and Expedition Everest so possibly one of those will become my new favorite most likely Expedition Everest

I have been fascinated by pirates sinceI first saw Errol Flynn in the Sea Hawk so it has to be POC for me! pirate:

Expedition Everest. Although I have never been on Soarin yet so I might like that one. I have never wanted to wait around in line. :lmao:

Sorry - I just had to point this out - how amazing is Disney that an awesome ride like Space Mountain is ranked 11th in best ride experience?

As Stacey says every 1/2 hour: "Top 7 - more like Top 107!"

SkierPete

Tough one. Up until my last trip (i.e. before I'd done EE, Soarin', RNRC and TOT) I'd have picked HM without hesitation. While it still ranks up there as the #1 thing I must do, I no longer consider it the best "ride", if that makes any sense (well, it does to me :goodvibes, more like best 'experience'). So I picked EE, although it was a tough call between that and RNRC. Those two make me yell my head off in sheer fun! :woohoo:

And that is exactly why I chose EE!! :rotfl:

Been obsessed with the Haunted Mansion ever since my first visit as a kid. Not sure how to explain it...it's just the perfect marriage of attention to detail...superbly crafted magical effects...humor...writing...artistry...music...voice acting...you name it. When I find a good ride time I sometimes get funny looks on the 10th or 11th consecutive loop through. :worship:

Splash Mountain. I just love that the entire ride builds into one huge drop, so I really love the climax of this ride. Hard to pick one, as they all offer great enjoyment but for different reasons.

Mine is the Haunted Mansion. I enjoy certain other rides but the HM is the primary attraction that keeps luring me back to MK.

DS' favorite is still Test Track.

I'm a little disappointed IASW isn't on the list! :lmao:

(Seriously though, I love that ride. It's my happy place :) )

However, from your list, I voted for Splash Mountain. Most log flume rides are over in seconds, but Splash builds the anticipation up for a decent amount of time.

I'm surprised Soarin' has the lead at this point. I had to go with ToT. Right from the first time I sat in the seat and realized there was only a lap belt and not some strong harness I was terrified... in a good way. Great theming, the whole experience before the drop is fantastic, and the drops themselves are just really fun, fun, fun.

We need a separate poll for best show, live or 3D, but not including the end of day stuff like Fantasmic or Wishes. Even then, though, comparing Philharmagic (an A+ experience in my book) is tough to compare against the 45 minute Finding Nemo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter