Best character meals for adults

The ones we do enjoy are Garden Grill at Epcot and Tusker House in animal kingdom. Both places you get great food,service and see the characters more than once.
My wife and I are planning a trip in November 2019 and are currently trying to get our ADR's. Our budget allows us to do either Tusker or Garden Grill but probably not both. SInce you have done both, which would you suggest?

Last edited:
My wife and I are planning a trip in November 2019 and are currently trying to get our ADR's. Our budget allows us to do either Tusker or Garden Grill but probably not both. SInce you have done both, which would you suggest?
To me the tiebreaker is the food on this one and Tusker House to me is superior in that aspect. They also had tasty adult beverages.

I would honestly do Garden Grill. The food was tasty and fresh. Sure you get more variety at a buffet, but the food at GG is truly good. And i love that you just sit and chill while the characters come to you. Most importantly...Chip & Dale. Need i say more? :cloud9: We saw the characters multiple times during our time at Garden Grill. It was great. Whereas at Tusker House it took them forever to come around to us.

Last edited:
Another vote for Garden Grill here. For the sole reason that there are no kids running all over the place since the food comes to you. Every time I've been, the characters come around so often that you just start smiling and waving at them because you've already talked to them each at least twice by the end of your meal. We also enjoyed the food quality at Trattoria Il Forno. It was a step above anything I've ever found on property. You order off of the menu and they have some unique offerings and everything was fresh and not just the standard powdered eggs. You get a really nice little stand with fresh pastries for every table! Beware the price tag though. We laid down a cool hundred dollar bill for 2 people when we went!! I've since heard that you can choose to do it with characters or without and that's awesome!

I really enjoyed the Bon Voyage Breakfast at La Trattoria see Forno but Tusker House is really good also. Has great variety of food with an African/Asian flair.

You may not want to interact with princesses but 1900 Park Fare is my favorite and I'm 65 years old. We travel down to WDW every year and we never miss 1900 PF. The step sisters are more than worth their weight in gold, much less the cost of the buffett. They are a hoot and I am sorry but, I have to confess, I have asked for Anastasia's hand in marriage. I even took my wifes ring off and offered it to her. Step mom was horrified and told her daughter she was on her own. Such a great interaction you must experiance them at least once in your life. To really enjoy the fun, you have to ba part of the fun. Bury your inhibitions, if you have any, and "Let it go".
I can't wait to go to 1900 Park Fare! I'll be 63 in August and am going in January with my sister for her 55th birthday. I'm hoping we can get Park Fare reservations while we're there.

Dang - I love both Garden Grill and Tusker House. I have to admit, though, I was disappointed with the food at Tusker House (lunch) this last trip. It just wasn't as tasty as I remember. Less variety, crappy desserts, couple of the more exotic dishes seemed to have had a full salt shaker dumped into them. We did have great service.

Cape May for breakfast is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter