Best company to rent electric scooter

DreamDisneyGirl

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney in October and need to rent an electric scooter for my mom who recently had back surgery. While she can walk, that’s too much as she gains her strength back. We’ve never rented an electric scooter before, so what is the best company that provides the most comfortable scooters? I’ve read up on the preferred providers, but also see many posts on Gold Mobility. Looking for comfort for her back. Thanks!

"Catch" - Gold is not a featured vendor. You will have to meet with the delivery/return persons face to face. Advantage: multiple reports about how awesome Gold is with this timing.

Just to let you know, I've had/seen 2 problems with featured vendors.
First, when I used a featured vendor once, Bell Services lost my key and had to search around for another key to "fit" my scooter (yes, the same key fits multiple scooters). Meanwhile, I had to wait close to 1/2 hour while they found a key. I know this was the fault of Bell Services, NOT the scooter company, but it made me kind of prefer to have the scooter handed off to me.
The other concern was one I read here. Although the guest had returned the scooter to Bell Services, the scooter company couldn't find the scooter and wanted to keep charging the guest who'd returned it because they (the company) didn't have the scooter. Once again, not the fault of the scooter company, Bell Services again, but it makes me prefer the scooter company to ME hand -off.

Just to let you know, I've had/seen 2 problems with featured vendors.
First, when I used a featured vendor once, Bell Services lost my key and had to search around for another key to "fit" my scooter (yes, the same key fits multiple scooters). Meanwhile, I had to wait close to 1/2 hour while they found a key. I know this was the fault of Bell Services, NOT the scooter company, but it made me kind of prefer to have the scooter handed off to me.
The other concern was one I read here. Although the guest had returned the scooter to Bell Services, the scooter company couldn't find the scooter and wanted to keep charging the guest who'd returned it because they (the company) didn't have the scooter. Once again, not the fault of the scooter company, Bell Services again, but it makes me prefer the scooter company to ME hand -off.
Thanks for the info. I’m thinking it might be better to accept the scooter since she’s never ridden one before either.

I now only rent from Gold Mobility. I used to rent from a featured vendor and would always receive a pretty beat up scooter, iffy batteries and one time my scooter developed an issue in the park and became undrivable. Had to get them to switch it out. On another trip there was an issue with the battery and had to have them switch it out while having dinner at the contemporary, which wasn't our resort. These issues were all down to wear and tear and not being maintained properly. So featured doesn't mean better. Gold's has great pricing, excellent customer service and their scooters are all in fantastic condition. I would say the only downside is having to pick up/drop off the scooter in person. But honestly it hasn't been an issue for us. They confirm delivery and pickup with you 24 hours ahead of time and have always been on time (if not early) when meeting them.

I now only rent from Gold Mobility. I used to rent from a featured vendor and would always receive a pretty beat up scooter, iffy batteries and one time my scooter developed an issue in the park and became undrivable. Had to get them to switch it out. On another trip there was an issue with the battery and had to have them switch it out while having dinner at the contemporary, which wasn't our resort. These issues were all down to wear and tear and not being maintained properly. So featured doesn't mean better. Gold's has great pricing, excellent customer service and their scooters are all in fantastic condition. I would say the only downside is having to pick up/drop off the scooter in person. But honestly it hasn't been an issue for us. They confirm delivery and pickup with you 24 hours ahead of time and have always been on time (if not early) when meeting them.
Thanks. I think I will reserve from Gold Mobility. Appreciate all the input!

"Catch" - Gold is not a featured vendor. You will have to meet with the delivery/return persons face to face. Advantage: multiple reports about how awesome Gold is with this timing.

Yeah, the night before you leave for Florida, they’ll text you and ask what time your flight arrives in MCO. They’ll then use that time and normal traffic patterns to determine your ETA at the hotel. (I was so nervous that I kept texting em when I got to the tram, the DME desk/queue, when I got on the bus, what stop my hotel is, etc.) but I didn’t have to do all that, lol. They’ll also text you the night before you leave so they can pick up the scooter.

We rented from Buena Vista Scooters last time and will again for our November trip, Last time we ended up getting a scooter with a bad battery they were onsite with a replacement scooter with in 30 minutes of my call. They have great customer service and are worth a bit extra for the peace of mind they can come to you any where you are if you have an issue.

As the scooter is dropped at the hotel how will you transport it to the parks? Do you have to have a special vehicle?
We are also going in October and my husband would benefit if he could use a scooter as well but I am clueless how to do deal with it. Thank you.

As the scooter is dropped at the hotel how will you transport it to the parks? Do you have to have a special vehicle?
We are also going in October and my husband would benefit if he could use a scooter as well but I am clueless how to do deal with it. Thank you.

If you are staying onsite at a WDW Resort Hotel, you can ride the bus (or boat, or Monorail, and soon, the Gondolas, depending on which Resort Hotel you stay at) to and from the Parks & Disney Springs.

All of the buses at WDW have ramps that flip out the back door after the bus "kneels" to bring the curb side lower to the ground, so that the angle of the ramp is minimized. Once the scooter rider is safely inside the bus and parked, the driver will flip the ramp back inside, and "unkneel" the bus.

The Monorails and the boats all use portable metal ramps that a CM will place for the scooter to use to drive on/off. Just follow the directions of the CMs; it's quite easy.

The Gondolas will be (from what know, and what we can see so far) a flat "drive on/drive off" with a small gap that most devices should be able to handle.

Let us know if you have any more questions about ECV use at WDW :)

If you are staying onsite at a WDW Resort Hotel, you can ride the bus (or boat, or Monorail, and soon, the Gondolas, depending on which Resort Hotel you stay at) to and from the Parks & Disney Springs.

All of the buses at WDW have ramps that flip out the back door after the bus "kneels" to bring the curb side lower to the ground, so that the angle of the ramp is minimized. Once the scooter rider is safely inside the bus and parked, the driver will flip the ramp back inside, and "unkneel" the bus.

The Monorails and the boats all use portable metal ramps that a CM will place for the scooter to use to drive on/off. Just follow the directions of the CMs; it's quite easy.

The Gondolas will be (from what know, and what we can see so far) a flat "drive on/drive off" with a small gap that most devices should be able to handle.

Thank you.❤️

Just to add to that great description, if you have a car and rent a Go Go sport (I know that's what Gold Mobility has, I assume others have something similar), it breaks down very easily for transport. Nick demonstrated last time. Come to think of it, when I rented from Walker, they showed me exactly how to break down the scooter for car transport.

Just to add to that great description, if you have a car and rent a Go Go sport (I know that's what Gold Mobility has, I assume others have something similar), it breaks down very easily for transport. Nick demonstrated last time. Come to think of it, when I rented from Walker, they showed me exactly how to break down the scooter for car transport.
Great! Thank you.

I used Buena Vista and was very happy with them. However, I moderate another Disney group related to a YouTube channel and many people there love Gold and won’t use anyone else.

The major benefit of Buena Vista (and other Disney approved vendors) is that they can leave and collect the ECV at your Disney resort without you being there to physically take delivery of it (or return it).

I've literally just done quotes for 4 different rental places (Gold, Randy's, Walker and my previous 'go to' Florida Mobility). I am not going to use FM any more because the condition has been getting worse and worse every time I've hired one from them, and this year the scooter they palmed me off with wouldn't even hold charge for more than 4 hours - and it's the same model I always go for).

Gold has come up the best price of all of them AND comes with the captain's chair (which is the only one which is comfortable for me to be sitting around in all day and watching shows etc without getting out into a venue's seat), a built-in fan, phone holder (which I don't need), drinks holder and one free extra which can be a canopy, oxygen holder, cane holder, walker holder or even rear crate. As tempting as the rear crate is, it'll make the scooter too long to go on the buses, and I wouldn't go for the canopy purely because I think it is extremely inconsiderate to everyone behind you.

Anyway, Walker's quote was over $100 MORE than Gold's quote. I'm sorry, but I'm not prepared to pay out $100 for the privilege of them bringing it to me and picking it up afterwards. That was also a basic scooter and doesn't even have the captain's chair.

The frustrating bit for me is that I should have hired a scooter several months ago. The $/£ rate has plummeted recently with no guarantee it'll go up again and certainly not in good time for our holiday. I blame 'Brexit' entirely for this. It's currently $1.19 to the £1 using a good company - some High Street bureaux are only offering $1.16 to the £1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter