Best Crab Cake in The World?

Boathouse offers crab cakes and while I haven’t had them, I have had the lump crab and avocado which was outstanding so I imagine they know how to treat their lump crab in cake form as well :)

Great post topic. I have only had crab cakes at Coral Reef a few years ago and they were too dry / just ok. Am interested in reading where else they are served.

Haven’t had them myself but I have heard the ones at Sebastian’s bistro at Caribbean beach are as good as an actual Maryland crab cake!

I've only had the crab cakes at 50s Prime Time. I thought it was delicious.

Nice to read some positive comments. My intuition would indicate crab cakes would just be something to avoid at WDW but I'll give 'em a shot!:)

Is the prime time crab cake app big enough for a meal?

I ordered the crab cakes and a salad, so I can't say if it by itself was enough. But paired with a salad I was fine.

If I recall I ate the crab cakes and part of the salad?

The PT crab cake is pretty good. Little more of an old school preparation, no Maryland lump crab here, but super crunchy and tasty.

I set a low bar for crab cakes...so I'm never disappointed. I know nothing will be as good as the crabcakes made with fresh crab from the Chesapeake.

Shula's @ the Dolphin Hotel probably have the best crab cakes on property. Classic preparation with quality ingredients and no gimmicks.

The Wave at Contemporary had a great crab cake appetizer - I ate it as my entree! :)

There seems to be a few to choose from. Thanks for starting this discussion. DH and I are ready to go to Prime Time again, that’s where we’ll start our crab cake quest!

I'm obsessed with crab cakes and would love to get some at Disney World. Which restaurant has the best, in your opinion?

Flying Fish has always had AMAZING crab cakes. I believe they are an appetizer, and have changed a few times but every time I say it's the best crab cake i've ever had. Last time there were 4 smaller ones instead of one huge one...but amazing.

It really depends on your definition of a great crab cake. As much as I love some ingredients like bell peppers and onions I do not want the flavor of the crab overpowered by those ingredients. Nor do I want a lot of filler.

But to each his own. I also like lump crab meat not just some crab flakes tossed with a lot of filler and seasoning.

So for me I rarely order crab cakes. I am all too often disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter