Best day to visit Disneyland Paris?

julesthecircusfreak

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I'll be in Paris in the beginning of August and am planning to go to Disneyland Paris for a day. Anyone have any suggestions as to which day crowd levels will be the least? Or does it really differ on a daily basis? Thank in advance.

Usually weekdays are less crowded than weekends, but since the beginning of august is a holiday for great parts of Europe I think it doesn't really make any difference. Maybe someone who has been there in August can give you more accurate info, I only have been to DLP once during high season and that was in July :)

i'd still do a weekday rather than a weekend visit the parks at DLP, even in high summer season.

Usually weekdays are less crowded than weekends, but since the beginning of august is a holiday for great parts of Europe I think it doesn't really make any difference. Maybe someone who has been there in August can give you more accurate info, I only have been to DLP once during high season and that was in July :)
How were the crowds in July? Thanks!

I found some kind of crowd calendar for DLP, and it shows peak crowds at the time we are going to be there - though it is in the middle of the week, not weekend.

So I'm trying to figure some plan which will help us to maximize our experience. I'm almost an expert in WDW planning :))) But DLP is probably going to be our first and last - kind of once-in-lifetime experience, as my daughter is 17, and her child age is almost over :)))

I'm sure we will enjoy the parks - no matter what. And also we are going to visit the city of Provins, as we will have car rental. We also can speak some French: I have almost forgotten everything, but my daughter speaks well enough - this trip is an award for her getting silver medal in National French Competition here in US.

But some insight from experienced people is always great!

Thank you to everybody for the tips, this is very helpful!

Same boat - going first full week of August, and I know it will be busy. We're only doing a day and would like to hit the major stuff - Ratatouille, Space Mountain, Phantom Manor, etc etc. I'm assuming a weekday will be best... I wonder if Mon/Tues when main Paris attractions are closed would be a bad time to go. I'm thinking Wednesday?

Hi all. I'll be in Paris in the beginning of August and am planning to go to Disneyland Paris for a day. Anyone have any suggestions as to which day crowd levels will be the least? Or does it really differ on a daily basis? Thank in advance.
hi!
this is the third year in a row that i am going in August,its so so busy in August.I found there really is no difference in crowd levels between the days at all. I also disagree that the weekdays are quieter,they are just as busy as weekends so basically just pick whatever day you want as it will be just as crowded any day but have a fantastic trip! i will be there at the same time ,can't wait. have lots of fun :)

High season also has its perks! The parks are open late, so what we did was get up early to enjoy EMH, return to our hotel during the afternoon for a quick nap or swim and get back to the parks around dinnertime (we were there 4 days). The crowds were getting less after the parade and we could do a lot of rides in Fantasyland with short waitlines. But, this was 5 years ago so I don't know if this is still the case. You will have a great time I'm sure of it. Oh and don't worry about speaking french or not, the CMs all speak english but they do appreciate it if you try, even if it is just a couple of words like bonjour or merci :D

Average waiting times in queue is following a curve, with a high on Saturday and a low on Friday. If you can manage a trip in weekdays at the end of the week, this is most definitively a better choice!

Anyways, even for locals, it is sometimes difficult to predict crowd levels in the summer. I remember I once went to DLP on August 15th, and was able to do 30+ attractions, including all majors shows and rides. I eventually ended up in Walt's Restaurant for a same-day reservation as I had not much else to do in the parks…

We settled on Monday 8/8, solely because we have other plans in Paris for the rest of the trip. Sounds like it's going to be crowded no matter what! We're going to go as early as possible (rope drop) and maybe stay until closing before heading back to the city. Should be fun!

Do not forget to plan a long break if you're staying all day, from RD to park closure can be exhausting in the summer!

I'm sure you'll find plenty of time to enjoy all the attractions, be sure to post a report once your trip is over!

We settled on Monday 8/8, solely because we have other plans in Paris for the rest of the trip. Sounds like it's going to be crowded no matter what! We're going to go as early as possible (rope drop) and maybe stay until closing before heading back to the city. Should be fun!
good choice! i'm going that day too, have an amazing trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter