Best/favorite appetizers and small plates in Epcot

Favorite appetizer at Epcot?
The clam miso soup @ Tokyo Dining is slurppy yum yum to the nth degree. Not sure what is going on with me and soups but well I guess I just love 'em.

Can and have made a meal of various appetizers at VN. Arancina, prosciutto and melon, the currently MIA frittos di verdura and misto.

The answer depends upon if a festival is going on. Last month, during Flower And Garden Festival, my favorite was the Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits from Florida Fresh. Last year, during Food And Wine, my favorites were Piggy Wings from Flavors From Fire, the Loaded Mac ‘N’ Cheese from Active Eats, and the Crispy Pork Belly from Brazil.

If there isn’t a festival, then we like sharing the Fish and Chips from the outdoor stand at the UK Pavilion.

The answer depends upon if a festival is going on. Last month, during Flower And Garden Festival, my favorite was the Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits from Florida Fresh. Last year, during Food And Wine, my favorites were Piggy Wings from Flavors From Fire, the Loaded Mac ‘N’ Cheese from Active Eats, and the Crispy Pork Belly from Brazil.

If there isn’t a festival, then we like sharing the Fish and Chips from the outdoor stand at the UK Pavilion
We ate there one morning when we were feeling particularly gluttonous. Good memories.

Ok, I'll go first with appetizers! The mussels with chorizo at Le Cellier. We also love the French onion soup at Chefs de France.

Love mussels! Does Le Cellier have a bar to sit at?

Favorite appetizer at Epcot?
The clam miso soup @ Tokyo Dining is slurppy yum yum to the nth degree. Not sure what is going on with me and soups but well I guess I just love 'em.

Can and have made a meal of various appetizers at VN. Arancina, prosciutto and melon, the currently MIA frittos di verdura and misto.

I love miso soup! That sounds good.

Does VN have a bar area?

If there isn’t a festival, then we like sharing the Fish and Chips from the outdoor stand at the UK Pavilion.

There won't be a festival going on but ll that sounds wonderful. Luckily we are able to enjoy the various festivals at DCA.

Fish and chips! ::yes:: Good to share too.

We like the triple combo at La Cava with queso, guacamole, and chips and salsa (plus margaritas) and pretty much everything we have tried at Tutto Gusto wine cellar.

I read about that last night; looks like the perfect bite to share.

My DD and I shared a cheese board and salad at R&C both were really good, paired with a nice beer we were plenty filled up.

I was thinking of reserving Le Cellier. Really wanted the mussels and poutine, but that would be too much on top of entrees for two of us. Is it cool to do a bunch of small plates there?

My DD and I shared a cheese board and salad at R&C both were really good, paired with a nice beer we were plenty filled up.

That sounds perfect! Our plan is to drink and nosh and share small plates/appetizers in the various countries.

I was thinking of reserving Le Cellier. Really wanted the mussels and poutine, but that would be too much on top of entrees for two of us. Is it cool to do a bunch of small plates there?

I think its okay to do small plates at any of the TS. DH and I always share, we haven't had a problem.

That sounds perfect! Our plan is to drink and nosh and share small plates/appetizers in the various countries.

R&C also had some pretty neat drink combos... my son ordered a "half and half" of Harps lager and cider, I wished I had ordered that too! And we had a lovely patio table in the shade overlooking the lake.
I too think it's fine to just order small plates and drinks anywhere but I'm just not sure if you can spontaneously get into the sit down places as a walk up. :confused3

Neither Le Cellier nor Via Napoli have bars to sit at.

Good to know, thank you. We went to Naples this weekend, same co as VN, and sat at the bar. Was hoping they had a cool bar as well.

I love the cucumber salad (pickled cucumbers) and spinach noodles at Nine Dragons.

Love cucumber salad!

We like to get the cheese plate and a baguette from Les Halles and people-watch by the fountain :goodvibes

That sounds perfect. We want to try as many places as we can.

R&C also had some pretty neat drink combos... my son ordered a "half and half" of Harps lager and cider, I wished I had ordered that too! And we had a lovely patio table in the shade overlooking the lake.
I too think it's fine to just order small plates and drinks anywhere but I'm just not sure if you can spontaneously get into the sit down places as a walk up. :confused3

Yes thats kind of my concern, not being able to get a table but we really want to share and try a lot so hopefully we will have some good luck.

The patio sounds lovely. The half and half sounds yum!

Don't forget that you can hop on MDX a little while before you are hoping to do a "walk up" and potentially find an ADR. Means planning a bit in advance, but could save you some waiting or keep you from being turned away.

We split an heirloom tomato salad and lamb sliders from Spice Table-beautiful location on the water on the covered patio.
One of our favorite meals :)

The dip trio at La Cava is pure heaven. They'll bring you refills of the chips if you haven't finished the queso/guac/salsa with the first batch. Sitting in that cool, dark atmosphere with a delicious margarita and chomping on chips, enjoying great conversation...that IS Epcot to me. Love it.

I also really like the nachos at La Catina.

Don't forget that you can hop on MDX a little while before you are hoping to do a "walk up" and potentially find an ADR. Means planning a bit in advance, but could save you some waiting or keep you from being turned away.

This is such a good idea. I was thinking about doing just this. With only two of us, I don’t think we’ll be out of luck everywhere.

We split an heirloom tomato salad and lamb sliders from Spice Table-beautiful location on the water on the covered patio.
One of our favorite meals :)

Yum! Spice road was not there during our last trip; I’m going to check out the menu. :thanks:

The dip trio at La Cava is pure heaven. They'll bring you refills of the chips if you haven't finished the queso/guac/salsa with the first batch. Sitting in that cool, dark atmosphere with a delicious margarita and chomping on chips, enjoying great conversation...that IS Epcot to me. Love it.

I also really like the nachos at La Catina.

I have heard so many great things about La Cava. We went once years ago but only briefly; the kids were little and had enough of Epcot. I’m so looking forward to exploring without them. :woohoo:

Last edited:
I have heard so many great things about La Cava. We went once years ago but only briefly; the kids were little and had enough of Epcot. I’m so looking forward to exploring without them. :woohoo:

Or do like us. My dd recently turned 21. We are heading down soon. Bringing her newly minted 21yo friend for a few days and her 26yo cousin for a few more. I'm hoping I can get any of them to do rides, lol!

Adding La Cava to my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter