"Best Friends For Life, Husband & Wife!" A Disneymoon! *UPDATE 7/2*

Congrats!!! I'm getting married in two days and then we are on our way to the world as well, AND staying at CSR! Totes following along!

WORKING ON DAY 2! :thumbsup2

It should be up by tomorrow night!

Congrats on getting married!!!

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

Yay for finally being in Disney!! Your room at CS is beautiful! Love it! Can't wait for more!

YAY DISNEY!! I really love Coronado, I miss it so much! :sad:

Congrats!!! I'm getting married in two days and then we are on our way to the world as well, AND staying at CSR! Totes following along!

WELCOME!!! AHHH! CONGRATULATIONS!! Please write a TR!

Glad you were overall happy with your room location, but bummer about the luggage coming so late

King bed rooms being $20 more does seem a little odd. If anything you would think two beds (and thus could handle more people) would be more . Oh well.

Congratulations on your marriage! CSR looks so pretty - love the rooms! It does seem like sometimes Magical Express takes longer than it should esp when you arrive later in the evening and have to wait until after midnight.

Can't wait to read all about Day 1!

Congratulations!!

Sorry to her about you luggage taking so long to arrive. That happened to us once as well with a late flight. Maybe with less people arriving there are less shuttles to and from the airport....

Cant wait to hear about your first full day though :)

Ahhh so exciting!! DF and I are in the middle of planning our Disneymoon for late Aug 2015 (still so far away, but we don't get married till Aug 2015 lol). Reading this makes me so excited! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventure.

We had a similar experience with the luggage on our last trip. We arrived in the evening and were staying at Pop our first couple of nights so the bags took FOREVER to get to our room. Luckily I had packed all of our pj's in the travel on so we had everything we needed for bed EXCEPT the travel crib for DS who was only 18 months at the time!! ARG!! You know, the one we requested during booking, also mentioned again at check in and had to call down for... TWICE. By the time the crib came it was around 11pm and both kids were asleep (DS on me) and then around 12:30 the bags came. Then a SECOND crib came at like 1 AM. We've always had great experiences at Disney resorts but not at POP!!

I'm joining in on the fun! HI!!!! :wave2: We also Disneymooned 4 years ago with my then 12 year old daughter. We are going back this year for our anniversary and staying at the Coronado! You guys are such a cute couple!! Can't wait to hear more!! :angel:

DAY 2, SATURDAY, APRIL 26TH

"Did You Set The Alarm? Me Neither."

I woke up Saturday morning and was already excited! We were at Disney and were going to Magic Kingdom!! I rolled over to grab my phone and thought, I must be so excited because I beat the alarm AND I am not even tired after last night!!! Then I saw my phone. And the time. It was after 10!!! :scared1: No wonder! I shook B awake and said, “Did you set the alarm?!” B says, “No, I thought you did!” We were okay with it though. We both had long days the day before and really needed a good night’s sleep. This way we also didn’t have to take a break later!

I was putting makeup on and remembered I need to update our Fast Pass+ reservations since our Space Mountain reservation was in 20 minutes. Yeah, not going to make that one! We were able to snag one for later and the crisis was averted! We quickly finished getting ready, packed our bags and were out the door! The bus came pretty quickly and soon enough we were driving through the Magic Kingdom gates! Finally!

We walked up to the turnstiles and I was feeling so many emotions! We walked down Main Street and took a million castle pictures, including some of us!

We were taking more castle pictures and saw that Dream Along with Mickey was starting! It was so cute! My first thing in Disney! SO MAGICAL! Happy tears were definitely shed!

Once DAWM ended, I was on a mission to find Rapunzel’s tower. I got distracted and we ended up on the opposite side of Fantasyland, but we got to explore Ariel’s area and Beast’s! We got some water from Gaston’s Tavern and told myself I really needed to come back for a LeFou’s Brew WHICH I NEVER DID!! AGH!

We finally found Rapunzel’s tower and although it’s small, it was beautiful. I LOVE this area! The lanterns are so pretty and the entire area is so detailed. We took a million pictures, naturally.

By this time we had 10 minutes until our Be Our Guest lunch reservation, so we decided to head over. We got there a bit early and a really nice family offered to take our picture. How sweet! Those honeymoon shirts and buttons got us a lot of attention and we met some very nice people.

We made our way to check in and then headed over the bridge. We were almost there! It was so detailed and amazing that I was so busy looking instead of taking pictures. Plus, they were rushing us. I get it though, it’s lunch service and they want people in and out as quickly as possible. We walked down the hall of knights and were greeted and shown into a large room with a bunch of kiosks.

At the kiosk we were able to make our selections and pay. At each kiosk there was a cast member who was there to help with selections and answer questions. I already knew exactly what I wanted from reading trip reports, the braised pork! B was going to get the roast beef sandwich, but me and the cast member helped changed his mind. We explored the three rooms and wanted to sit in the West Wing, but couldn’t find any open tables. We ended up in the ballroom by the window and it was a lovely spot.

Our food was brought to us quickly in those cute little carts. They put the food in front of us and oh my goodness, we were drooling! We skipped breakfast, so we were hungry!! After I finished food pictures we dove right in.

It was perfect! There was no fat, the green beans were crisp, the carrots, onions, mushrooms and celery were perfect, the mashed potatoes were an excellent texture and the meat melted in my mouth! Hands down the best meal we ate the entire trip, and one of the best meals I've ever had! Oh, I miss it. B said he was so happy he got the braised pork too, he couldn't believe he almost picked a sandwich over it!

I had to sit for few minutes and let it settle so I could eat my cupcake! I ended up getting the strawberry and cream cheese because of my love for all things strawberry! SO GOOD. I craved that cupcake the whole rest of the week!

The face of a very full person who is forcing a cupcake down because it's so delicious! :rotfl2:

We sat another few minutes and chatted with the family at the table next to us. They were congratulating us and telling us their amazing story of finding each other. Their daughters were adorable and we got to talk about princesses! Disney people really are so sweet! :goodvibes We refilled our waters and headed out!

Oh no!!! I hate waking up late ESPECIALLY at Disney, but it sounded like you guys needed the rest and it all worked out. I found it pretty easy to change our fp's too when we needed to. I'm glad you liked BOG. My 16 year old didn't like it at all and thus we aren't going back until she no longer travels with us. Oh well. There are other fabulous restaurants! Glad you got so many congrats on your wedding! I'm thinking of making anniversary t-shirts for our trip in September. Looking forward to hearing more!!::yes::

congratulations and great start.

Firstly - makes me grateful that we have to take our luggage with us (they don't deliver it direct from airport for overseas visitors.)
Secondly - is it very wrong of me to envy someone oversleeping at Disney? Do you think it will ever happen to us?????????????? ;)

wow - way to stay calm - I would have been freaking out if I woke up way later than I wanted ... but, like you said, probably needed the sleep

Love, love, love the pork at BOG! Great choice!

You totally deserved to sleep in!! I'm glad you enjoyed BoG-- that pork looks fantastic!
I love how friendly most people are in Disney! I'm sure you guys looked very approachable with your awesome tshirts :)

Glad you were overall happy with your room location, but bummer about the luggage coming so late

King bed rooms being $20 more does seem a little odd. If anything you would think two beds (and thus could handle more people) would be more . Oh well.

Right?! More beds, more people, more work to maintain... I don't get it. :confused3

Congratulations on your marriage! CSR looks so pretty - love the rooms! It does seem like sometimes Magical Express takes longer than it should esp when you arrive later in the evening and have to wait until after midnight.

Can't wait to read all about Day 1!

Thank you!! And ME is so random. My friend who used it said they got in late when they went and their luggage took an hour. It's a great idea and wonderful service, I just wish it was better staffed when they know they are getting so many people in. I would use it again, just not at night! :thumbsup2

Congratulations!!

Sorry to her about you luggage taking so long to arrive. That happened to us once as well with a late flight. Maybe with less people arriving there are less shuttles to and from the airport....

Cant wait to hear about your first full day though :)

Haha, oh no! You know how it feels then! And it must be! How obnoxious! :rotfl:

Ahhh so exciting!! DF and I are in the middle of planning our Disneymoon for late Aug 2015 (still so far away, but we don't get married till Aug 2015 lol). Reading this makes me so excited! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventure.

Yay, congratulations!!! I started planning my disneymoon before the actual wedding! It was more fun to plan! And it's never too early to plan. I was scrambling the last week before the wedding. I was so happy that we took our trip 2 1/2 weeks later too. The wedding just took SO much out of me that I was in the weirdest mood for about a week. :faint: Have fun planning both the wedding and the disneymoon!!

We had a similar experience with the luggage on our last trip. We arrived in the evening and were staying at Pop our first couple of nights so the bags took FOREVER to get to our room. Luckily I had packed all of our pj's in the travel on so we had everything we needed for bed EXCEPT the travel crib for DS who was only 18 months at the time!! ARG!! You know, the one we requested during booking, also mentioned again at check in and had to call down for... TWICE. By the time the crib came it was around 11pm and both kids were asleep (DS on me) and then around 12:30 the bags came. Then a SECOND crib came at like 1 AM. We've always had great experiences at Disney resorts but not at POP!!

WHOA! That is not okay! Good thing you packed pjs! I guess it's hit or miss...?? :confused3 Poor boys!

I'm joining in on the fun! HI!!!! :wave2: We also Disneymooned 4 years ago with my then 12 year old daughter. We are going back this year for our anniversary and staying at the Coronado! You guys are such a cute couple!! Can't wait to hear more!! :angel:

HI!!! WELCOME!! Disney is the best place to honeymoon! Coronado is amazing, I would stay there again in a heartbeat! And thanks! :)

Oh no!!! I hate waking up late ESPECIALLY at Disney, but it sounded like you guys needed the rest and it all worked out. I found it pretty easy to change our fp's too when we needed to. I'm glad you liked BOG. My 16 year old didn't like it at all and thus we aren't going back until she no longer travels with us. Oh well. There are other fabulous restaurants! Glad you got so many congrats on your wedding! I'm thinking of making anniversary t-shirts for our trip in September. Looking forward to hearing more!!::yes::

Oh we definitely need it! We both had full and exhausting days the day before. It was a bit annoying, but looking back we definitely needed it!!

Oh no! Well, it'll be there for awhile! :thumbsup2 Like you said, Disney is full of wonderful restaurants! You should definitely make t shirts! I saw the sweetest older couple who were celebrating their 50th. We got ours as a wedding gift and I think the giver purchased them on Etsy!

congratulations and great start.

Firstly - makes me grateful that we have to take our luggage with us (they don't deliver it direct from airport for overseas visitors.)
Secondly - is it very wrong of me to envy someone oversleeping at Disney? Do you think it will ever happen to us?????????????? ;)

Oh the luggage, we were not off to a great start! But I couldn't be upset, I was in Disney!

HAHA, maybe if you're lucky! Or unlucky, but it is an okay unlucky?! ::yes::

wow - way to stay calm - I would have been freaking out if I woke up way later than I wanted ... but, like you said, probably needed the sleep

Love, love, love the pork at BOG! Great choice!

I wasn't calm for about 10 seconds, but figured freaking out unfortunately doesn't turn back time! DARN! It was our extra day that we booked last minute since our flights didn't work out, so just the fact that we got to go to the parks at all was amazing! Don't you love when things don't work out so you HAVE to add another day in Disney?? Me too! :thumbsup2

You totally deserved to sleep in!! I'm glad you enjoyed BoG-- that pork looks fantastic!
I love how friendly most people are in Disney! I'm sure you guys looked very approachable with your awesome tshirts :)

Oh the pork was AMAZING! I have to find that recipe. I was resizing the picture and was drooling! :rotfl:

Disney people are amazing!!

First off, congratulations! Enjoying your report so far :goodvibes

Me and my husband also honeymooned at Coronado Springs! LOVE your Mr and Mrs shirts in Disney font. So adorable!

Oh no, I hate when I oversleep and wake up in a panic knowing I am late. :( I am glad it all worked out for you!

I love your shirts!! :thumbsup2

DAWM show is great! I always like to stop and watch it. :)

Rapunzel's area is great, isn't it! We spent a lot of time in that area on our last trip, because it was by the stroller parking. And I liked to just sit down there with a mickey ice cream and rest for a little bit. :)

Your BOG food looks awesome!! I am sad I didn't get to try BOG this past trip but I definitely have it on my "Disney Bucket List." :)

I couldn't agree more- I love Disney people! We always meet such nice people when we vacation at WDW. Everyone is so friendly :) I touched on it in my TR- sometimes I forget that the Disney mentality isn't every where and I'm surprised when in other places people aren't as friendly. I think most of us are just so happy to be there that it creates an atmosphere of happiness that is totally contagious! I did hear some guy say "I hate this place and I'm ready to get the hell out of here!" while I was in the MK one day but that made me chuckle more than anything. We're a special breed, us DisFanatics and in general we totally rock ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter