• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Best Friends For Life, Husband & Wife!" A Disneymoon! *UPDATE 7/2*

Yay for BOG! I havent made up my mind about lunch there next month but it looks so great. Especially the cupcake!

Love the custom shirts! We always do the special shirts- the boys have Olaf shirts to wear this time!

Can't wait for more!

First off, congratulations! Enjoying your report so far :goodvibes

Me and my husband also honeymooned at Coronado Springs! LOVE your Mr and Mrs shirts in Disney font. So adorable!

Isn't Coronado the best?! ;) And thank you so much!! :goodvibes

Oh no, I hate when I oversleep and wake up in a panic knowing I am late. :( I am glad it all worked out for you!

I love your shirts!! :thumbsup2

DAWM show is great! I always like to stop and watch it. :)

Rapunzel's area is great, isn't it! We spent a lot of time in that area on our last trip, because it was by the stroller parking. And I liked to just sit down there with a mickey ice cream and rest for a little bit. :)

Your BOG food looks awesome!! I am sad I didn't get to try BOG this past trip but I definitely have it on my "Disney Bucket List." :)

It was pretty upsetting, but we needed it!! And it ended up working out in the end! :thumbsup2

Thanks! We loved them, we thought it was such a thoughtful gift!

DAWM was such a perfect first thing to do! I am so glad just so happened to be there 5 minutes before it started!

I am going back in less than 3 weeks and plan on relaxing there again! Maybe this time with a Mickey Bar just like you!

PLEASE PUT BOG ON THE TOP OF YOUR BUCKET LIST! When I go back I am so determined to eat there, even if I am completely by myself. It's that worth it!!

I couldn't agree more- I love Disney people! We always meet such nice people when we vacation at WDW. Everyone is so friendly :) I touched on it in my TR- sometimes I forget that the Disney mentality isn't every where and I'm surprised when in other places people aren't as friendly. I think most of us are just so happy to be there that it creates an atmosphere of happiness that is totally contagious! I did hear some guy say "I hate this place and I'm ready to get the hell out of here!" while I was in the MK one day but that made me chuckle more than anything. We're a special breed, us DisFanatics and in general we totally rock ;)

Oh my gosh!!!! HAHAHA! Disney would be so much more enjoyable to everyone if they just did their homework! Poor guy! You are so right when you say the Disney magic is contagious! I only recall seeing a few crazy moments where parents and children lost their cool. DisFanatics DO ROCK!:thumbsup2

Yay for BOG! I havent made up my mind about lunch there next month but it looks so great. Especially the cupcake!

Love the custom shirts! We always do the special shirts- the boys have Olaf shirts to wear this time!

Can't wait for more!

Please do BOG!! Lunch was the best dining experience we had the entire trip. I am so happy it was on our first day too, it started the trip off in such a great way. The only downside was we compared every meal we had the rest of the trip to it! That was probably the best cupcake I have ever had. So moist and the filling was fresh tasting. I am also not big on frosting and I ate every bite!

Yes, the Olaf shirts!! Did you end up keeping the FP for Anna & Elsa? The waits were up to 5 hours the whole time we were there!

Sometimes it's nice to just sleep in!! Isn't it nice how easy it is to change your FP+ time?

BoG looks so good!! Last trip, the line terrified us so we never made it in! I want to soooo bad! Your food looks so delicious!

DAY 2 CONTINUED!​

"IT'S RAPUNZEL & FLYNN! I AM GOING TO CRY!"​

We decided since we were already in Fantasyland and didn’t feel like walking much since we were SO full from Be Our Guest, that we would jump in line for Voyage of The Little Mermaid! I was admiring the detail in the queue line and it was at this time I looked at my camera battery and I had less than half left! I looked at my phone and it was at about 30%. DANGIT. :mad: My first day in Disney at my favorite park Magic Kingdom and I wasn’t going to get cute pictures of us! I decided at that point we would watch Wishes and the Electrical Parade tomorrow and just enjoy rides tonight!

I traded movies with B, he watches one of mine and I watch one of his, and one of my choices was The Little Mermaid. He said watching the movie made the ride more enjoyable! :thumbsup2

The line wasn’t bad! The posted time was 30 but we felt we made it there in 20. We then realized this was the first ride we went on!

After Voyage of the Little Mermaid, we headed towards Tomorrowland. We went to check the time for Space Mountain, but since it was over an hour and my stomach was bothering me we decided to skip it. We did however take a quick ride on the People Mover!!

On our way back we noticed the Tomorrowland Speedway had only a 20 minute wait! Score! The line moved quickly and before we knew it we were getting loaded into our car. We were able to get some really cute pictures! :love:

Once we finished up I noticed it was getting close to 3, our time for our Pirates of the Caribbean fastpass! Also meaning close to the Festival of Fantasy parade, aka I MUST SEE BECAUSE FLYNN AND RAPUNZEL ARE IN IT! Also, Anna & Elsa! And it’s NEW! :love:

"B, we can change our POTC fastpass time, we CANNOT change FOF start time!"

We set out to find a decent spot and after a couple test spots we found a good one! We a great view of the parade and it even had the castle in the background. YAY! `

I swear, when this parade started I was close to tearing up but I held them back. I was doing well until I heard the music and saw the Tangled float and then I couldn't keep the tears back! I was just so happy and so excited! Rapunzel is my absolute favorite and all of a sudden I felt like I was 6 years old! Rapunzel, Flynn, and the movie Tangled just mean so much to me!

Festival of Fantasy is SUCH AN AMAZING PARADE!!! The floats are so detailed, the costumes are amazing and the song is so catchy! We sang it the rest of the trip! Yep, even B! :goodvibes

We started to make our way towards Adventureland since our Pirates of the Caribbean fast pass started during FOF. We got there and all of a sudden I got really excited since this was our first fastpass+ ride! It was really cool, but I miss the paper ones.

We wanted to make sure we got this ride in since it was going to be down for our last day at MK! B really enjoys this ride!

And this is where my camera and phone dies. We do still have some pictures from B phone though!

After Pirates, we headed towards City Hall. I have a medical condition and I was interested in learning about the DAS card that someone who has a similar situation as me told me about. I was going to try to go without it, but since I was not on my normal diet like when I am at home and my symptoms come so sudden and randomly, I felt I needed it. I explained my situation and the cast member assisting us was extremely helpful. It can be pretty embarrassing explaining medical problems, but they made me feel comfortable and made everything fast and easy. I know there are some people who are not okay with the new system, but for someone like me it was perfect.

After we got the card we decided to take a ride on the train towards Frontierland!!

MORE TO COME!​

(SORRY MY PICTURE SIZES ARE SO RANDOM! I WILL FIX IT SOON! :badpc: )

And sorry for my late post! I haven't been feeling well and it was memorial day weekend, which for those of us in retail it keeps us busy, busy, busy!!

Great parade photos!! Do you know what side we should sit on to be able to see Anna and Elsa? Someone mentioned ( I think) to sit on the side of the confectionary bc it's hard to see them if not?!

You are not alone in the tearing up during the parades or at Disney period... Lol!!

Love POTC too!

Marsheliz said:
Great parade photos!! Do you know what side we should sit on to be able to see Anna and Elsa? Someone mentioned ( I think) to sit on the side of the confectionary bc it's hard to see them if not?!

You are not alone in the tearing up during the parades or at Disney period... Lol!!

Love POTC too!

The float that Ana and Elsa are has a slowly spinning stage or platform so either side works. The tricky part is what side will be facing you when the pass. On the opposite side of the spinning platform is another Disney couple.

The float that Ana and Elsa are has a slowly spinning stage or platform so either side works. The tricky part is what side will be facing you when the pass. On the opposite side of the spinning platform is another Disney couple.

Oh thank you!! That makes a little more sense now.. ! I wish they had a float of their own!!

glad you enjoyed Ariel's Ride (the full name it too long to type so we just call it that) - the queue is really neat! And the People Mover is a must!

I think everyone feels like they are 6 at some point at Disney - probably what keeps us all coming back! We've watched the new parade online but haven't yet seen it in person - definitely a must do for our next trip!

Glad they made talking about and handling your medical condition easy

Been lurking on your trip report but decided to comment. Love that Rupunzel and Flynn are on a float together. I'm hoping DBF and I will get to meet them at MNSSHP on our September trip. Beauty and the Beast has always been my all time favorite princess movie but Tangled is seriously slowly taking its spot.

Really enjoying following along with your trip.

I will get my Disneymoon next summer!!! Reading this makes me so excited!! Keep it coming lol

Makes me so excited for my Disneymoon next August. You guys are a cute couple! Can't wait for more!!

DAY 2 CONTINUED!​

"IT'S RAPUNZEL & FLYNN! I AM GOING TO CRY!"​

Once we finished up I noticed it was getting close to 3, our time for our Pirates of the Caribbean fastpass! Also meaning close to the Festival of Fantasy parade, aka I MUST SEE BECAUSE FLYNN AND RAPUNZEL ARE IN IT! Also, Anna & Elsa! And it’s NEW! :love:

Festival of Fantasy is SUCH AN AMAZING PARADE!!! The floats are so detailed, the costumes are amazing and the song is so catchy! We sang it the rest of the trip! Yep, even B! :goodvibes

And this is where my camera and phone dies. We do still have some pictures from B phone though!

I have a medical condition and I was interested in learning about the DAS card that someone who has a similar situation as me told me about. I was going to try to go without it, but since I was not on my normal diet like when I am at home and my symptoms come so sudden and randomly, I felt I needed it. I explained my situation and the cast member assisting us was extremely helpful. It can be pretty embarrassing explaining medical problems, but they made me feel comfortable and made everything fast and easy. I know there are some people who are not okay with the new system, but for someone like me it was perfect.

And sorry for my late post! I haven't been feeling well and it was memorial day weekend, which for those of us in retail it keeps us busy, busy, busy!!

I LOVE the FOF parade, too! Such a great parade!! You have great pictures from it! We saw it twice while we were there in March, and both times I barely saw Anna and Elsa. :( We just happened to be in bad spots both times, even while standing in the FP+ spot. But I got a few pictures.

I hate when your batteries die. :( I had that happen at Hollywood Studios but luckily I had a back up.

I am glad things worked out for you with the DAS card and they made you feel comfortable and made everything fast and easy. :goodvibes

I hope you are feeling better than when you posted a few days ago! :hug:

Love POTC too!

Since their float spins slowly, there really isn't a perfect spot to sit, and you can see them at times on both sides of the road. I can tell you where I was sitting twice, and both times I barely saw them. The first was the FP+ area, looking directly at the Liberty Square bridge. The second was near Casey's, but when standing at Casey's, down to the left, same side of road, where the sidewalk comes down onto the road. I am not sure if the float spins at the exact same spot every time, but in these spots I only saw them after they had passed. Good luck :)

Love POTC too!

Thank you!! I am not a fan of the rotating platforms! We did get lucky and see Anna & Elsa both times we saw the parade. I would have been so upset if we missed it! Because we did see them, we missed Tiana both times. Oh well. We stood facing the castle both times because I wanted to see Flynn:love::love:

Haha, good! I felt a little silly, but who cares!

glad you enjoyed Ariel's Ride (the full name it too long to type so we just call it that) - the queue is really neat! And the People Mover is a must!

I think everyone feels like they are 6 at some point at Disney - probably what keeps us all coming back! We've watched the new parade online but haven't yet seen it in person - definitely a must do for our next trip!

Glad they made talking about and handling your medical condition easy

It's definitely a mouthful! And the peoplemover is the best! On our last trip it started pouring down rain and the castmembers let us ride it 4 or 5 times in a row. It was awesome!

I think you're right! It's so nice to escape adulthood for little while. I never thought another parade could top the Electrical Parade, but it is just SO good! I mean, it has Rapunzel AND Flynn! ;)

Been lurking on your trip report but decided to comment. Love that Rupunzel and Flynn are on a float together. I'm hoping DBF and I will get to meet them at MNSSHP on our September trip. Beauty and the Beast has always been my all time favorite princess movie but Tangled is seriously slowly taking its spot.

Really enjoying following along with your trip.

Hi!! WELCOME! Oh I would LOVE to meet them together! It's my top Disney Bucket List item and I would definitely cry! My favorite used to be Sleeping Beauty & The Little Mermaid, but when I saw Tangled I became SO obsessed. I tell B he is my Eugene for rescuing me from my strict parents house! :rotfl:

I will get my Disneymoon next summer!!! Reading this makes me so excited!! Keep it coming lol

AHHH YAY!!! I remember being about a year out and starting my official countdown on my phone! It was so much fun to plan, especially since the wedding planning was just so stressful!

Makes me so excited for my Disneymoon next August. You guys are a cute couple! Can't wait for more!!

Thank you so much!! You should do a PTR! I wish I had started mine earlier in the planning process! They are SO helpful!

I LOVE the FOF parade, too! Such a great parade!! You have great pictures from it! We saw it twice while we were there in March, and both times I barely saw Anna and Elsa. :( We just happened to be in bad spots both times, even while standing in the FP+ spot. But I got a few pictures.

I hate when your batteries die. :( I had that happen at Hollywood Studios but luckily I had a back up.

I am glad things worked out for you with the DAS card and they made you feel comfortable and made everything fast and easy. :goodvibes

I hope you are feeling better than when you posted a few days ago! :hug:

Isn't it amazing?! I love the music so much! Ugh, that is awful you didn't really get to see them. I wish those platforms didn't move. We were lucky enough to see them but I would have been upset if we didn't get to. Where is the FP+ viewing area? Partners area like Electrical? I wanted to FP it but we ended up getting decent spots both times. It was also not too crowded that week.

My camera charges on the same charger as my phone and I didn't bring it to the park! When I was getting my DAS card we looked for a charger at City Hall, but they didn't have one available. Oh well! It would be nice to have a backup like you!!

The cast member was so wonderful! That card made such a difference on our trip. It helped my stress and anxiety level too since I wasn't constantly worrying about getting sick in line. :eek:

Thank you! I am feeling SO much better! :goodvibes I have had a check up since the hospital visit and the relapse, and all my tests came back normal! :woohoo: I also have a new medicine I am trying out that should help AND I have a new inhaler for the trip! In case you didn't know, I am one hot mess! :laughing::headache:

Oooh, I am really enjoying this TR! Congratulations on being newlyweds! And I am glad you were able to have your needs smoothly accommodated at City Hall! Digestive issues (and other things) can be so painful and uncomfortable! Also, I'm really glad you liked Coronado Springs. I've never stayed there but it's one of those resorts that is so pretty and flies under the radar but is really great!

Isn't it amazing?! I love the music so much! Ugh, that is awful you didn't really get to see them. I wish those platforms didn't move. We were lucky enough to see them but I would have been upset if we didn't get to. Where is the FP+ viewing area? Partners area like Electrical? I wanted to FP it but we ended up getting decent spots both times. It was also not too crowded that week.

My camera charges on the same charger as my phone and I didn't bring it to the park! When I was getting my DAS card we looked for a charger at City Hall, but they didn't have one available. Oh well! It would be nice to have a backup like you!!

The cast member was so wonderful! That card made such a difference on our trip. It helped my stress and anxiety level too since I wasn't constantly worrying about getting sick in line. :eek:

Thank you! I am feeling SO much better! :goodvibes I have had a check up since the hospital visit and the relapse, and all my tests came back normal! :woohoo: I also have a new medicine I am trying out that should help AND I have a new inhaler for the trip! In case you didn't know, I am one hot mess! :laughing::headache:

I know, I wish they would have set up their float differently, but I think they were a last minute addition, so they probably didn't have time to fix it. The FP+ area was right in front of the castle, opposite side of the street. I am not sure if this is the same as the Electrical, because I haven't done that one. It was a nice area and wasn't crowded at all.

That's too bad you didn't have your charger. :( I saw back in the Tangled area, across from the bathrooms where there was some seating they had cell phone charging areas. I thought that was a great idea. :)

Haha, you poor thing. :) I am glad you are feeling better!

Yay for a Disneymoon TR! First of all, congratulations on your marriage! How super fun is it to be with your best friend every day? LOVE IT! I finally just finished my Disneymoon TR even though I started it in 2012, whoops! It was nice being able to write about all of our memories and relive them, so I hope you have fun going through the stories and pictures again.

Hearing about how you guys slept in on your first morning is very reminiscent of our trip too, and we went two days after our wedding. You were super smart to wait before heading off. Who wants to do last minute wedding preparations and have to worry about packing for vacation too?

Awww, I'm so glad you were able to watch Festival of Fantasy and enjoy it so much! I watched it on the premiere day via the live feed, but I know it doesn't compare to seeing it in real life. I'm so excited to see it eventually!

Good for you getting the DAS card. I know just how much it can just ease your mind. For me, not having to worry already helps my gastrointestinal issues as stress makes it worse on top of the different diet when eating in Disney World. I've gotten the Guest Assistance Card before they changed it. On top of GI issues, I also have orthostatic hypotension/vasovagal syncope, which basically means the blood sinks to my legs and I have a tendency to faint if I'm not careful about it. I recognize the dizziness before it happens, so thankfully I can prevent the fainting if I'm careful, but walking everywhere, standing for too long, and maybe not drinking enough all day makes the symptoms worse. I didn't get it during our last trip though because it was a slower week in January, so I didn't have to stress. I hope you were able to enjoy the whole trip more with the card!

Hi everyone! :wave2: I am working on finishing up Day 1, Part 3 now and I should hopefully have it up tomorrow or the next day! :thumbsup2 I've been gone all weekend because I just had to go see my baby sister graduate high school! Only a few more days until we all go back to Disney to celebrate! :woohoo:

Oooh, I am really enjoying this TR! Congratulations on being newlyweds! And I am glad you were able to have your needs smoothly accommodated at City Hall! Digestive issues (and other things) can be so painful and uncomfortable! Also, I'm really glad you liked Coronado Springs. I've never stayed there but it's one of those resorts that is so pretty and flies under the radar but is really great!

Thank you!! The CM at City Hall was awesome! Coronado is amazing, I wouldn't have picked it if it hadn't been for some awesome TRs! I definitely want to stay there again.

I know, I wish they would have set up their flo-=at differently, but I think they were a last minute addition, so they probably didn't have time to fix it. The FP+ area was right in front of the castle, opposite side of the street. I am not sure if this is the same as the Electrical, because I haven't done that one. It was a nice area and wasn't crowded at all.

That's too bad you didn't have your charger. :( I saw back in the Tangled area, across from the bathrooms where there was some seating they had cell phone charging areas. I thought that was a great idea. :)

Haha, you poor thing. :) I am glad you are feeling better!

Yeah, they must have been. And I believe that is the same spot! It was a fantastic spot for EP, which you will read about later! ;)

RIGHT?! AGH! I wish I would've grabbed it so I could have charged in the Tangled bathroom area! And thanks!! :goodvibes

I love Tangled too...SOOO MUCH!!! Probably my all-time favorite!! It's just so good!

SHE'S SO PERFECT! Hands down the best! ;)

Yay for a Disneymoon TR! First of all, congratulations on your marriage! How super fun is it to be with your best friend every day? LOVE IT! I finally just finished my Disneymoon TR even though I started it in 2012, whoops! It was nice being able to write about all of our memories and relive them, so I hope you have fun going through the stories and pictures again.

Hearing about how you guys slept in on your first morning is very reminiscent of our trip too, and we went two days after our wedding. You were super smart to wait before heading off. Who wants to do last minute wedding preparations and have to worry about packing for vacation too?

Awww, I'm so glad you were able to watch Festival of Fantasy and enjoy it so much! I watched it on the premiere day via the live feed, but I know it doesn't compare to seeing it in real life. I'm so excited to see it eventually!

Good for you getting the DAS card. I know just how much it can just ease your mind. For me, not having to worry already helps my gastrointestinal issues as stress makes it worse on top of the different diet when eating in Disney World. I've gotten the Guest Assistance Card before they changed it. On top of GI issues, I also have orthostatic hypotension/vasovagal syncope, which basically means the blood sinks to my legs and I have a tendency to faint if I'm not careful about it. I recognize the dizziness before it happens, so thankfully I can prevent the fainting if I'm careful, but walking everywhere, standing for too long, and maybe not drinking enough all day makes the symptoms worse. I didn't get it during our last trip though because it was a slower week in January, so I didn't have to stress. I hope you were able to enjoy the whole trip more with the card!

Thank you so much!! It was amazing to be in the happiest place on earth with my very best friend! I am going to have to look for your TR, I love reading disneymoon TRs! All that matters is you finished it!! :thumbsup2

I could not have functioned in Disney if we left right after the wedding. I was in this weird almost 2 week depression after. I don't know, I think everything was just SO overwhelming. And underwhelming. Does that make sense?! :rotfl: I planned the whole wedding myself and it took a year and a half. I think once it sunk in that everything was really over I just felt... off? Plus, some of my family members didn't act appropriately and I was just ticked off from hearing stories. :sad2: Prepping for Disney helped bring me back into my bubbly, happy self and once we were in Disney I forgot all about the stress and was finally able to relax!

Festival of Fantasy is amazing. I took video of it when we saw it again, which you'll read about much later on, and even rewatching it makes me so happy and teary eyed!

It was a bit embarrassing getting the card, but I figured this guy doesn't know me or anyone else I know! :rotfl: Yep, crohn's sucks! :crazy2: It's something I have to think about every day and anything I eat or drink could make me so sick. And stressing about it, or anything else, makes me sick. A year ago we went through some major changes including moving, buying a new car, etc, and I lost a ton of weight and was waiting until dinnertime to eat because I would get sick in the morning/afternoon. It was AWFUL! Thankfully, I am much better now! As for food, Disney has some really awesome healthy options, and they let me order kids meals with no trouble at all and it helped immensely. Thank you, Disney!:thumbsup2

Wow, thank goodness you can recognize it before it happens! That can be so scary! I would love to go in January, I hear it's a wonderful time to go!!

DAY 2 CONTINUED!​

"LET'S DO ALL THE MOUNTAINS!"​

We left City Hall and started to head towards Frontierland! I figured since we were right next to the train station we might as well take it there! We boarded the train and enjoyed our ride. I remember noticing this whole family wearing dark jeans and long sleeve shirts-HOW?! :eek: I was in that thick short sleeve and could barely take it!

Anyway, I wanted to ride the train around the whole park since we had some time to kill but B didn’t hear me and got off! Haha, oh well. We ended up getting my card signed for Big Thunder and then used our Fastpass for Splash! On our way up to Splash, we ran into a sweet family who took a picture of us in front of the castle in exchange for taking theirs! It's funny how small Disney can be sometimes! :goodvibes

So we got in line for Splash and I just love this ride so much. You really don’t get wet on this anymore unless you hit a sweet spot. We rode it so many times over the trip and I only got wet once because a log landed and water flowed right where I was, which happened to be this time! My shorts were soaked and so was half of my shirt! It felt so good though, and I am glad it was the day I wore my black shorts! :rotfl:

After Splash, we made our way to Tomorrowland! We had yet to ride Space Mountain and we needed to fix that.

After Space, we went back to Frontierland and rode Big Thunder! This ride was down when we were last here, so we were both really excited to finally ride it. It definitely did not disappoint! It is quite a long ride and has some pretty stomach turning drops! After Big Thunder, we, yet again, were off to Tomorrowland!! We just love the “Mountains”! We took another ride on the Peoplemover before we got in line for Space Mountain. I could ride that over and over. And over.

It was about 8ish at this point and we were both SO hungry! We both love Casey’s, so dinner was an easy choice! The lines were a bit long, but we had no trouble finding a nice table.

(Haha, it looks SO gross! :rotfl2: I promise they were delicious!)

We finished eating and decided to call it an early night. Since we didn’t get a midday break we were both pretty tired. We did, however, make time for some souvenir shopping!!

I was on the hunt for new Rapunzel mug! We made our way to the Emporium where I found it! YAAAY!! I went ahead and grabbed a Sleeping Beauty for my mom and a Cinderella for my friend and cat sitter. I didn’t get a picture because the sweet lady helping us wrapped them up so nicely. Thank you! :goodvibes B waited in line while I quickly went through the store. There was so much to look at and so much I wanted!! I resisted and decided to save the rest of my shopping until the end of the trip.

We made our way out of the park and could hear Celebrate the Magic going on! It got me so excited for the next day! We quickly found our bus and before we knew it we were pulling up to our bus stop. I was so happy I put that as my only request. I showered, made sure my camera and phone were actually charging this time, and went to bed!​

:yay:TOMORROW WAS MY PRINCESS DAY AND I JUST COULDN'T WAIT!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter