Best grocery delivery service??

We used Walmart in July and they cancelled the order at 2am in the morning when we were on our flight. Didn't get any email message until 9:00am they were suppose to deliver at 10am. Was 10 days worth of food, diapers, household items. It was hell going to the grocery store to get everything we needed.

Out of curiosity, why did they cancel? Less than 24 hours notice is just rude. o_O

We used Amazon Prime Now in August and it was not good. Not sure we would use them again. They took 5 hours to deliver when I paid extra for a 1 hour delivery, didn't put our name on our order so POFQ had to try to figure out which one was ours, and 2 items were missing. That was our 1st time using them and it was not great. The bell service people told us this was normal with Prime Now which kind of freaked me out but everyone here seems to only have good things to say. I think we will try someone else next time.

We just placed an order with Walmart for Saturday. It is a big order, so I hope they don't cancel it!!

I’m using instacart from Publix for the first time this Sunday. Online ordering was super easy, can order alcohol, includes sale items. Could only order 5 days ahead but you can add to your order online up until they start putting your order together. I’ll post back and let you know how the delivery goes. It’s a 1 hr deliver window which works for us.

I’m using instacart from Publix for the first time this Sunday. Online ordering was super easy, can order alcohol, includes sale items. Could only order 5 days ahead but you can add to your order online up until they start putting your order together. I’ll post back and let you know how the delivery goes. It’s a 1 hr deliver window which works for us.

Looking forward to it as this is the service we are leaning towards. May I ask for info on having alcohol delivered and how that works out....if applicable?

Looking forward to it as this is the service we are leaning towards. May I ask for info on having alcohol delivered and how that works out....if applicable?
We have used Instacart the last several times and have not had any issues. Happy with the Publix selection, we order gluten free snacks, organic fruit and veggies, and grass fed dairy along with the more typical food/snack and beverage (beer, wine, soda, water) items. Beer and wine is available at Publix and contributes to the amount needed for free delivery. If you want a larger selection of either, or hard liquor they will go to ABC Liquor also but there may be a separate or additional delivery charge. We have used GG (limited selection and pricey), and Wego (don't even get me started), our previous fav was Safeway (no longer an option), but I am happy with Instacart. You have to be there for the alcohol delivery.

If you look on this thread I spoke about the alcohol delivered. It is two separate deliveries but you can have them delivered the same time period. I will be using Instacart again in January.

We have used Instacart the last several times and have not had any issues. Happy with the Publix selection, we order gluten free snacks, organic fruit and veggies, and grass fed dairy along with the more typical food/snack and beverage (beer, wine, soda, water) items. Beer and wine is available at Publix and contributes to the amount needed for free delivery. If you want a larger selection of either, or hard liquor they will go to ABC Liquor also but there may be a separate or additional delivery charge. We have used GG (limited selection and pricey), and Wego (don't even get me started), our previous fav was Safeway (no longer an option), but I am happy with Instacart. You have to be there for the alcohol delivery.
People have reported whole orders from every service being turned away because it had alcohol in (seems dependent on resort, I saw one at SSR recently). Did you have any problems?

The whole order would be returned if they ordered beer and/or wine also from Publix, (there would be no way to separate the alcohol from the food), and they weren't there to accept it. If you ordered your alcohol from ABC Liquors and your food from Publix and you weren't there they should still leave the food I would think, but maybe Instacart requires someone to be there to sign-off regardless of whether the order contains alcohol. That I'm not sure about as we always have beer and wine included in our order. I have not had a problem but have been there when it was delivered. I would not take a chance on missing the beer and wine delivery, to have to pay Disney's prices for adult beverages would be catastrophic.

It was specifically text to me a few rimes that I need to be present to accept my alcohol order and the person delivering it text me a few times to amke sure I had ID with me when picking up. You most certainly can order and not have a problem as long as you are around to accept the order and have ID. I had to bring ID with me to the BWVs lobby to get my alcohol. It was that easy.

This sounds exactly like us! Thanks for the info!

We've used WeGoShop, never any problems.

We, too, used them for many years. Do a search and read up about them the last couple of years. I recommended them to a friend and they got double billed like all the rest. We used many, many years with a first responder discount but will never use again.

Ok guys, I wanted to update you on our order from Amazon Prime. We had groceries, beer and wine. I put in the delivery time for between 2-4. Luckily we got the room ready text at 2:00 so we headed to the room. I received the 2 texts from our driver at the same time at 4:10 First one said that we needed to be available sign for the alcohol and the second one said that all items were delivered. So I called down to have our items delivered up to the room. There was some confusion at first. We got half our order and some other stuff. Bell staff took the wrong stuff down and came back with our complete order. This only took him maybe 15 minuets.

All in all, we were pleased with the service. Will totally do it again in February.

I’m at BLT and got a message saying instacart would be here at approximately 3:05, it’s now 5:05 ugh, not a great first impression. I don’t mind if things get delayed but I don’t appreciate the delay not being communicated to me. If they can send a text with an approximate delivery they can send one saying that they’re running late. The app says it’s on its way, fingers crossed it will be here soon. I’ll post back when it gets here.

So I went back to check on the time window for delivery and it was 2-3pm. It’s now 5:15pm and I only got an update because I downloaded the instacart app and found a chat with your driver section. Asked him when he would be here and he told me about 25mins, that’s now 2hrs and 45mins past the delivery window I picked. Don’t think I’ll be using this service again, very disappointing. Now I’ve got to figure out how to reach someone to complain about paying all these fees and having to sit around waiting. Would have been faster to Uber over to target and back.

My Oder came at 5:36, no apologies or explanations from the driver. Right before he came I did get a call from Instacart asking if I received all my items. I explained the sequence of events to her and how disappointing this service turned out to be, she was very nice and understanding and said she would give me a $10 credit. On the plus side all my items were there, I did have to bring down my ID to get the delivery because of the alcohol. I’m glad they have bell services right at BLT now because it would have been a pain to lug all the groceries up. I’m glad other people have had good experiences however as I previously said I won’t be using this service again.

Anyone that uses Prime Now...do they deliver alcohol now? Back in April they did not, but it appears they might now...?

Okay...first time using Walmart.....like another poster. Order was flagged as possible fraud.
didn't get the message until sitting at the airport. Called and told the bank flagged it, so no other credit would be excepted. Flew....Called bank. Got it fixed. Checked back with Walmart credit. It cleared.....but couldn't get in touch with delivery. So no delivery the day we wanted it.
Today....Called again. Nice man said he would contact store that was delivering and call back. He did. I called and finally got groceries. Down to one diaper, so a relief.
Took about 8 calls to get it cleared up.
Was told it was probably because ordered in one state, delivery in another and processed in a third. So flagged.
Hope we don't need to reorder but we're here 2 weeks so we might.
Very tense and made my day very stressful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter