Best meal of our trip? TRex

I don't have any complaints on the food or experience at T-Rex, but for us, its too chain restaurant-like. We'd rather do something that's unique to Disney. T-Rex is essentially the same as Rainforest Café (just a different theme), and they're owned by the same company. Perhaps we're spoiled because we have two Rainforest Cafes within a 20 minute drive of us in NY, but we'd just rather dine at a place we can't experience anywhere other than Disney.
Which is my issue with Blaze at DS.

I don't have any complaints on the food or experience at T-Rex, but for us, its too chain restaurant-like. We'd rather do something that's unique to Disney. T-Rex is essentially the same as Rainforest Café (just a different theme), and they're owned by the same company. Perhaps we're spoiled because we have two Rainforest Cafes within a 20 minute drive of us in NY, but we'd just rather dine at a place we can't experience anywhere other than Disney.

Being from a quiet area in the UK we don’t have any restaurants like T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe so they are both really enjoyed when we visit Disneyworld with our grandchildren. When we visit as a couple we don’t as we try different places.

I need to keep this in mind too. Living in Chicago we have sooooo many choices of restaurants. I have to remember not everyone has the same expansive range of restaurants available to them that some of us do.

So I can see how T-Rex would be a really fun place to eat for people who don't have restaurants like that at home.

My dining snob alter-ego is sometimes hard to control. ;)

Being from a quiet area in the UK we don’t have any restaurants like T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe so they are both really enjoyed when we visit Disneyworld with our grandchildren. When we visit as a couple we don’t as we try different places.

I understand this, and I'm definitely not knocking anyone who dines at these places. I just think that there are so many unique Disney restaurants, ones original to Disney, that are better and worthwhile. The ones that are not franchises or chains. To me, its akin to going to a new city and eating at Applebee's - its fine, but unrelated to your destination.

Which is my issue with Blaze at DS.

Same! We have a Blaze here too. And a House of Blues.

With the exception of FF, I'm not surprised by your opinion.
VN is one of our favorites and, so far, we've had good experiences on all of our visits. Our menu choices don't stray from the pizza and gelato, though! It can be loud, though I can't imagine the noise level is worse than TRex.
We're in the Land of Landry's. I think my birthday gift goes unused more often than not. I will never go back RFC. I'm not a fan of the food but when a silverfish dropped onto the table from the "vegetation" above, that was it. That is NOT what I'm paying for in a dining experience, jungle theme or not! TRex holds zero interest for me but we'd put it on the list if it was convenient. We DO like Y&Y in AK. Our service and food have always been pleasing.

I'm glad you had a great TRex experience! We ate there once. My kids loved it, I still have nightmares. It was cool visually, but the noise was incredible. The food was decent but the service was incredibly slow. I think if we could have been in and out faster, I would have liked it more but 2+ hours at that volume was a bit much. Now we just stop into the shop, it's enough to keep the kids happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter