Best meal of our trip? TRex

Hmmm.... better than Flying Fish? And we’re talking food quality? Never thought I’d hear that one!

We've also had great meal at TRex! We still like it there.

As for it being loud....well ya, naturally. Thats the whole point. Its a meteor shower with dinosaurs roaring. :) And frankly, there are many restaurants in disney that are ridiculously loud. Two that come to mind....California Grill and Via Napoli. Wow, these two are really bad!

Yuppers but IF the food was better it could have been over looked but the food is hospital quality....:crazy2:
That's just your opinion. I work at a hospital and no way is Trex on the same level. Lol. Tony's? Yes, thats more like hospital food. But not Trex. :teeth:

I think the quietest meal of our entire trip was at Sci Fi - between the low lights, the near-silent movies, and the black and white film my boys were lulled into a zen-like state (or as much as a 10 and 8 year old boy could be zen lol). I don't think i would have cared if they served me cold pizza LOL
Totally agree! SciFi is definitely one of the quietest restaurants around.

We've been wanting to try T-Rex. On our last visit I tried and didn't get an ADR. Maybe on our next visit we'll be able to get one.

We ate at Chef Mickey's, LTT, Via Napoli, BOG, TRex, Le Cellier, Flying Fish and plenty of CS.

The best meal out of all of them as far as food quality, taste, and service was TRex. It was our first time there and all 9 of us agreed it was the best meal of the week.

I was surprised, in a good way! :laughing:
What did you order at T-Rex?

We ate at Chef Mickey's, LTT, Via Napoli, BOG, TRex, Le Cellier, Flying Fish and plenty of CS.

The best meal out of all of them as far as food quality, taste, and service was TRex. It was our first time there and all 9 of us agreed it was the best meal of the week.

I was surprised, in a good way! :laughing:

I have to say that the only one on that list that surprises me is Flying Fish.

We've also had great meal at TRex! We still like it there.

As for it being loud....well ya, naturally. Thats the whole point. Its a meteor shower with dinosaurs roaring. :) And frankly, there are many restaurants in disney that are ridiculously loud. Two that come to mind....California Grill and Via Napoli. Wow, these two are really bad!

Via Napoli being loud is part of the theme ...all Italian meals are supposed to be LOUD! Come over to my parents house sometime ....LOL

We did T-Rex one night on our last trip and I was not looking forward to it. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The food was decent, better then average and the service was excellent. Was it loud? Yes... but anyone who thinks that such a restaurant wouldn't be loud is lying to themselves. Was it the best meal we had? No, that was Raglan Road, but I would go back if needed. Not as my first choice, but if it ended up in the plans I wouldn't be angry.

DH and I ate a T-Rex for lunch a couple years ago because I had my $25 birthday credit on my Landry's Card. We thought the meal was great. Those seasoned waffle fries are the bomb!!!

I won't say you're wrong. We all have our opinions. I've enjoyed several meals at T-Rex over the years. Still go in for a drink or two at the bar there when I'm not driving to the Springs.

I do disagree with Flying Fish though. I'm curious what you had and didn't like as much as T-Rex at FF. The pork belly. The risotto. The steak. The pork belly. (love it twice) :-)

Yep. Better than FF. I was quite disappointed with FF this trip.

What exactly were the issues at FF -just curious? I've been to both and felt T-Rex was fine for what it is, but wasn't close to FF. I felt T-Rex was maybe a notch better than a TGIFridays. I believe any restaurant could be bad on any given night, so I'm not doubting you it just seems way out from what most people would expect to hear.

Last edited:
Taking my son for lunch in a few weeks. Mind sharing what you ordered? Need recs. I always imagined the food to be on par with Rainforst Cafe which is just typical Sysco quality whatnot.

Last edited:
DH and I ate a T-Rex for lunch a couple years ago because I had my $25 birthday credit on my Landry's Card. We thought the meal was great. Those seasoned waffle fries are the bomb!!!

My birthday is in August when we’ll be there and I’m debating a meal to use the $25 credit.

We were pleasantly surprised with T Rex too. My dad, who came with me, said that his burger there was the best burger he’s ever tasted!

Via Napoli being loud is part of the theme ...all Italian meals are supposed to be LOUD! Come over to my parents house sometime ....LOL
ha ha, yes i hear you. I'm Croatian. We're loud too. But my point is that you cant even hear the person in front of you. Lol. Anyway, i still love the place. The best pizza and pasta. :cloud9:

So pleased to read your feedback re: Jiko. That's our dinner reservation our first night and I'm very much looking forward to it.

We did it our first night last November and it was HEAVEN! So peaceful and the service and food were outstanding! Enjoy!!

Re the topic at hand - I am not a HUGE Landry's fan - I like Bubba Gump and tolerate RFC. However, we were BLOWN away by our meals at Yak and Yeti last year - like you, top of the list. That list included a lot of other top-notch WDW restaurants.

What's funny to me...we've eaten at all of the places you've noted, and with the exception of Flying Fish, T-Rex was also better for us than all of those other TS spots. On our visit to T-Rex, we had great food (significantly better than RFC and most single credit TS spots) and amazing service. I know some people feel it's loud, but I don't go into a meal with this kind of kid-friendly hook expecting a serene environment.

So glad you like T-Rex, it's one of my favorites too!

The mushroom ravioli is one of my all time favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter