• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place to propose at Disneyland Paris

des knee

Earning My Ears
Hi, I've been a silent browser of these forums for the last couple of months but have a question I haven't seen before!

My girlfriend has a real soft spot for Disney and we visisted together back in october.
I've now planned a suprise weekend away in a couple of weeks where I plan to ask her that special question.

My initial idea was to try and arrange for Mickey to come up to us in the castle, we have our photos taken with him and somehow magically mickey would have a lovely ring in its box sat in his hand.
Another thought was that I could ask just before any fireworks or maybe just as the candlebration starts.

Since then though I've discovered they'll be no fireworks because they use them all in the summer! :(

I'm also not sure what times the meet n greets will be so can't really work around that.

So I have the ring, the kyriad hotel, the flights and the day (dec 15th) ... I just need some magic if anyone has any ideas?

Oh and a yes from her would be good too! :thumbsup2

Anyones thoughts would be much appreciated!

Dave

OMG...defo go for the mickey one!!! Do whatever it takes to organise that and get it done and post the photos on here as soon as its done!!!;)
Oh wow...I'm hyperventalating typing this..its so cute!!!!!!:rotfl:

good luck xxxxx

Hi Dave

If you do a search using 'wedding proposal' you will get quite a lot of hits, most of them for the American parks, but the ideas can be adapted to Paris.

I think the most important thing is to do something that suits your girl's personality. Some people love to have the characters involved, getting the whole thing on video and getting reactions from the people around them. Others want big life moments like this to be private and personal. Some like the big romantic gestures, like rose petals and champagne in your room, while others would rather have humour and fun.

Only you can decide what would be best for you both.

One word of advice though - if you truly want it to be a surprise, get your planning done when she's not around. Women are generally very tuned in to what their guys normal behaviour is, and if you start making excuses to go off on your own to arrange things while you are there, she will figure it out - you have been warned:)

Good luck with it, and let us know how it goes.

Lucy

Hi Dave

In my opinion Disney are very very helpful when it comes to planning surprises and providing a little extra magic.

I would definately email disney and ask them for help, alternatively if you can disappear for half an hour when there pop to City Hall, they are really really helpfull people - I speak from experience.

Good luck

Crim

Hi, I think the Mickey idea is really cute, maybe something with Minnie and Mickey together with the two of you. However I don't think you can do this in a normal meet 'n' greet, so if I were you I would call DLP and tell them your idea, maybe they can arrange a private meet 'n' greet or something else really special. But I think you have plan it all before you go, so you don't have to stress on you vacation...
Good luck!

Great I have some support to help me! Thanks everyone!

As fas as she's aware we are going away for the friday night only, sunday is the day she thinks we will start the annual xmas tree hunt around the DIY shops. She thinks she's going to see a show on friday evening according to her friend who is in on this.

We fly out friday afternoon after work, have the full saturday and then come back home late sunday. We've got no holidays left so have to squeeze everything in! :(

Lucy, your spot on with what you said, I've found some other romantic tales! I've searched the full site, previously I had to register to search!
On the day it needs to be special for her, and it doesn't need to be over the top. She wouldn't like something fully public, but for the people around us to see would be fine. Style wise she'd go for the humour, fairytale and the special memories, so thats what I'm hoping for.

The one special thing is she isn't money mad! She would prefer the ring for a couple of hundred pounds, then the holiday for another £500 instead of just a ring that costs more than her friends!

I woul love some characters involved and like Poppyoliva says having mickey there would be perfect. Crim's words about contacting disney all make sense, I did email over a week ago but I've not had a response. I have thought about calling them to see what they could help with but thought I'd wait a little nearer to departure date. Of course I can try and sneak out to arrange something when we are there, but that will be the hard to keep everything under wraps.

Princess we posted at the same time! thanks for the reply, I have read a thread from the american site where somebody had mickey propose to minnie, again the more ideas the more perfect I can make everything!

OP, although I like the Mickey in front of the castle idea, I think it's rather difficult to organise + I wouldn't really like all the "public-ness" during a moment that is rather private (but I am sure some people do like that, so it depends on your girlfriend)

The Disneyland Hotel has a nice Fantasia bar. Maybe you could call the hotel directly, quite some time in advance, and ask if they can accomodate you with a character for a proposal in that area (or some other area, I don't know the hotel that well).
Hotels do have the characters there in the morning, the Disneyland hotel has the characters there for the Inventions lunch, ... It shouldn't be too difficult to accomodate you.

I think it will be a little more private, and, keeping the fantastic Paris weather in mind, you won't get wet if you go on your knee to propose!!!!!

Before Candleabration, there are lots of people pushing to get a good view, there is quite some noise, there are the "ladies and gentleman, boys and girls" announcements, there is the excitement of the show that is going to start, .... It would be sad that she doesn't realise too well what happens when you propose because of everything that is happening around.

Just my opinions and my ideas of course!

Sandra, who dreams of a Disney-proposal.

Hi des knee and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

Hopefully everyone's ideas will have given you food for thought :)
AS DLP is less of a wedding destination due to French laws it would be great to hear how you get on with DLP featuring as your proposal destination :goodvibes

Hi there, I've not been to DLP before, but being a huge disney fan and a huge romantic, if someone were to propose to me I'd want it to be in or just outside the castle because it would make me feel like a true princess but as most people have said it has to be your own ideas, just thought I'd share that with you.

Good luck though, I'm happily married to my lovely hubby now and I wish we could do it all over again, I hope your weekend is a big success and please come back and tell us all about it afterwards!:yay:

hi there
right firstly this is totally cute and i think you're onto a winner with this
secondly, i might be able to help out. my friend works as a disney castmember as the characters. if i can i'm going to try and the contact details from her of the person who is best for u to talk to about mickey or a character doing a meet n greet and then presenting the ring.
il get back to you on this tho
hope this helps
emily xxx

Ok heres an update, I called Disneyland yesterday and spoke to a very helpful lady, her english was perfect too so that was great.
They can't plan anything until the day I arrive, she went away and checked with a manager what could be done, and I was advised to go to city hall as soon as I could on the same day. I can feel a bout of sickness coming on for the saturday morning so I can getaway!

The more I thought about it I think something either inside or under the castle away from the crowds would be best.

Emily, any assistance would be great and I'll be sure to update everyone as I know whats happening!
Thanks for all the help and advise to all!

The Blue Lagoon restaurant is especially romantic if you wanted someplace indoors. The steamboat in frontierland is also a quiet, relaxed place, but the castle has to be the most romantic - the gallery, with all the stained glass, would probably be lovely, or even on the balcony outside it, looking over fantasyland (although you may get a little shoved by people wanting the go down the stairs.

One place NOT to propose would be Phantom Manor! Definitley not a happy wedding story there :D Although on second thoughts, it'd be quite cool...

good luck!

(ps: you'll be there 3 days before me and my boyfriend!)

Hi Dave, glad you decided to stop lurking and post!! :welcome:

:love: Hope you manage to get something wonderful sorted :cloud9:

Wonderful guy!!
I have showed my partner your post so he gets some ideas :goodvibes

Ok heres an update while shes in the shower! Thanks again for all the replies and welcomes!

I think I'm going to see what I can organise on the saturday morning at city hall, but I'm thinking of calling walts restauarant to see if theres any availabilty for a window table to watch the the fantillusion parade. Then in the worst case scenario and I cant find the special moment in the day, I can ask big question then.

Has any one dined in Walts at all? Would you recommend it?
If I'm going for this idea I need to do it soon as they could be fully booked even by now!

13 days to go! Dave

I haven't tried Walts yet, but I've heard so much good about it, so that sounds like a great idea...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter