Best Resort for last time without kids?

YachtClub! I have stayed there multiple times both club level and regular rooms and it is my favorite. Love the pool, the walk to Epcot, and just the overall feel of the resort!

Without Kids -- it depends on your plans. AKL IMO is hard to top in a lot of ways as while Jambo at least is busy at some points it has a lot of very secluded areas. Grand can be very busy as well but in the same has a lot of Secluded areas -- without kids this would be my choice BTW for something different. I am not the biggest fan of the EPCOT resorts although we are sating at BW this year which does in fact has the best slide on property but the pool itself is OK... I find the EPCOT resorts to be a lot of walking I enjoy that bus/monorail ride to cool off and relax a bit before walking all day... BUT they do have great access to eat later in the day and leave EPCOT at night. You may also want to look into the POLY while it can get busy at night all over and mornings in the main building hanging out in the pool and watching the fireworks at MK is very unique and an amazing view... as far as food you have many options along the monorail I would strongly suggest the Wave at CR -- Not a fan of CR either not a bad resort just do not care for the lack of theming but do stay there once in while as the walk from MK when it closes is well worth staying there--I will wait for the monorail going.

I completely can relate to your story just 3-4 years ago. My husband and I got married in Disney and did so many adult only trips. Now I have a baby and another on the way.
I would highly suggest staying at the YC and/or BC but Boardwalk as the second option. You have the great pool, hey rent a cabana and really enjoy that alone time. Great restaurants are EVERYWHERE. The Swan and Dolphin (IL Mulino, Shula's), Epcot(Monsieur Paul, Teppan Edo) Boardwalk (Flying Fish). You can go to Jellyrolls at night, which is so so so much fun or Atlantic Dance Hall, if you prefer to dance. The location of those resorts is PERFECT for Adults only trips.
What you may not realize, is that once you have kids, you will want to stay at the monorail resorts. I thought I was a Disney expert but since I never had kids, I never realized that you have to fold your stroller on the buses but you don't have to on the monorail. So now we stay at the Poly, GF and Contemporary. To be able to go MK and Epcot without folding your stroller is HUGE. With that being said if you ARE like us, you will get your fill of those resorts later on. Stay on or near the Boardwalk now and enjoy it!

Yes! I am waiting to book until reviews about the tower at Coronado come out, as that could be an option as well. Its so funny because my husband and I have some very different ideas about hotels; the rooms are important to me whereas the pool is an important factor to him. Proximity to the parks really doesn't matter to me (I think I might be one of a select few that don't mind the busses), but he wants to be close. Both of us want to be close to dining options, as we usually get the dining plan (hence wanting to stay near Epcot). I think that the Poly and the WL are two resorts I'd reserve for when we take our kids. Right now the Yacht Club seems like it might be our best option. I've just dreamed about staying at the GF ever since I was a kid. We LOVE the Senses spa there and we both really want to do the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's, which is something we will have to do during this trip as you can't bring small children. It just seems like transportation from the GF is such a hassle from what people say!

I completely can relate to your story just 3-4 years ago. My husband and I got married in Disney and did so many adult only trips. Now I have a baby and another on the way.
I would highly suggest staying at the YC and/or BC but Boardwalk as the second option. You have the great pool, hey rent a cabana and really enjoy that alone time. Great restaurants are EVERYWHERE. The Swan and Dolphin (IL Mulino, Shula's), Epcot(Monsieur Paul, Teppan Edo) Boardwalk (Flying Fish). You can go to Jellyrolls at night, which is so so so much fun or Atlantic Dance Hall, if you prefer to dance. The location of those resorts is PERFECT for Adults only trips.
What you may not realize, is that once you have kids, you will want to stay at the monorail resorts. I thought I was a Disney expert but since I never had kids, I never realized that you have to fold your stroller on the buses but you don't have to on the monorail. So now we stay at the Poly, GF and Contemporary. To be able to go MK and Epcot without folding your stroller is HUGE. With that being said if you ARE like us, you will get your fill of those resorts later on. Stay on or near the Boardwalk now and enjoy it!
Wow I never thought of the stroller thing! But I can say when I watch people struggle with them on the busses, it is definitely a deterrent! The Poly, GF, and Contemporary are all on my bucket list of Disney resorts, but if they are more kid friendly, perhaps we'll hold off on those. The Yacht Club seems like the smart option for now.

Yes! I am waiting to book until reviews about the tower at Coronado come out, as that could be an option as well. Its so funny because my husband and I have some very different ideas about hotels; the rooms are important to me whereas the pool is an important factor to him. Proximity to the parks really doesn't matter to me (I think I might be one of a select few that don't mind the busses), but he wants to be close. Both of us want to be close to dining options, as we usually get the dining plan (hence wanting to stay near Epcot). I think that the Poly and the WL are two resorts I'd reserve for when we take our kids. Right now the Yacht Club seems like it might be our best option. I've just dreamed about staying at the GF ever since I was a kid. We LOVE the Senses spa there and we both really want to do the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's, which is something we will have to do during this trip as you can't bring small children. It just seems like transportation from the GF is such a hassle from what people say!
How many nights are you thinking? If it’s five or more, I’d suggest a split stay between the GF and the Yacht Club. Then you can enjoy the positives of each of them.

If not a split stay, I’m another vote for Yacht Club. We love staying at the Epcot resorts and the refurbished room at the YC are very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter