Best steak?

Just another opinion. I though Shula's was the worst steak for the money I had ever had. I got big surprise at Yak and Yeti 2 weeks ago. Tried their herb crusted rib-eye. It was wonderful. Cooked to a perfect medium rare with just the right amount of seasoning.

Wow, this is like asking who's your favourite child..lol...Ok in no order of preference..Jiko..YS..AP..and our worst was Le Cellier..

We have ADR for Narcoossee's Friday night of our trip, California Grill Saturday, Flying Fish Monday and Wave Wednesday. I don't feel that I need to keep all of them due to $$$. We are staying at Beach Club so almost tempted to try YS. I feel like I need to choose b/w either Narcoossee's or CG for watching Wishes at dinner. Then either YS or FF for the other. DH has made it clear he wants to go back to Wave so that one is to keep the DH happy since he's not a fan of Disney anyways. lol

Thoughts?

The Waygu strip loin at Tiffins was wonderful. I also enjoyed the Yachtsman both times I've eaten there and my steak at BOG was good and perfectly cooked last week (not as good as the other two, but half as many meal credits).

Responding directly to the OPs question....

Shula's at the Dolphin.

All personal opinion, I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Definitely Yachtsman for us. But don't take my word for it, let your eyes do the deciding....

I am putting on my flame suit now ...

We ordered the steak at Sci-Fi Dine inn last fall simply because we had eaten burgers at lunch. We were not expecting very much, after all it's suppose to be a drive in movie. The steak was scrumptious! Okay it wasn't a Yachtman's quality, but it was better than the ones we had earlier in the week at Le Cellier. I know, I know, Sci-Fi gets a lot of bad reviews on this site and many people love Le Cellier. But that week we had a better steak at Sci-Fi for only 1 TS credit.

planning to try this myself. love this review! BTW you are not alone, i have seen other similar reviews

I don't' care for Le Cellier at all but that just me. They are ok but not even close to my two favorites. I try to eat at both 3 to 5 times a year
  • Toss up between FLYING FISH or YACTHSMENS STEAKHOUSE.
  • Flying Fish had a fantastic strip steak but the restaurant went through a refurb and full menu change. Pete and the gang loved it.
  • Yachtsmen's has a phenomenal porterhouse for two.
I've had both the porter house at the Yachtsman and the Wagyu at the Flying Fish in the last week. IMO Flying Fish is a FAR superior steak, and all around better meal. Additionally, my husband and I both got sick after eating at the Yachtsman :( I don't know how either of them work on the dinning plan though.

I got big surprise at Yak and Yeti 2 weeks ago. Tried their herb crusted rib-eye. It was wonderful. Cooked to a perfect medium rare with just the right amount of seasoning.

I don't see "herb crusted rib-eye" on Yak and Yeti menu. Is it on the menu? Thank you

Second for Mama Melrose...to me the best steak for the buck on the property.

Another vote for Mama Melrose. Haven't had the signature restaurants but really enjoyed the steak there. BOG was also enjoyable too. Or maybe we were all just hungry from a longs days at the park.

Yachtsman is far and away better than the others.

Just had the filet on Sunday night at the YM, and it outstanding. Keeps me going back again and again.

For me the best steaks at WDW not including Victoria & Albert are as follows.

Non Disney Restaurant (not on the DDP)
  • Shula's... By and far the best steak in WDW.
  • Bull & Bear (at nearby Bonnet Creek)
Best restaurant on the DDP for steak
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse
  • Boat House
  • Narcoossee's
Best over-hyped average Outback quality restaurant in WDW. (My apologies for insulting Outback fans). LOL
  • Le Cellier... Wins by a landslide. Average cut of beef, more salt on it than found in the Dead Sea, mushroom sauce is like right out of a Campbell's soup can, all sitting on a bed of Minute Rice called risotto. Awesome that there are those who love this place and are passionate in their love. I'm as passionate for my dislike of this place. To each their own opinion.
whoa don't hold back, lol.

I don't go that often but my filet from the wave (I actually had it delivered via room service when I was at BLT) was amazing, and it is 1TS on DDP. Strip is not my favorite cut so filet or ribeye for 1TS instead of 2 is a huge find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter