Best time to visit?

Oliviaxxx

Mouseketeer
I visited Disney World for the first time October 2018. We are looking to return in 2020. School isn't an issue so we can go at any time.

How is early May? Are there any school groups or youth sports then? Have heard those can be a bit of annoyance. Thanks.

Best time? Depends on lots of factors: does the heat bother you; do you like to be there for additional special events (eg. MVMCP, Epcot Food & Wine etc) and so on.

I LOVE Christmas so my favourite time is early December, when everything is all festive but before it gets too busy. It also helps that coming from the cold, dreary UK to (usually) sunny, warm / hot Florida is fantastic.

I'm still sad that the Osborne Family Lights are no more; they were Christmas in a sparkling, 'snowy, 'musical extravaganza!

:rainbow: Feliz Navidad :rainbow:

...aaaaand now the tune is stuck in my head

I visited Disney World for the first time October 2018. We are looking to return in 2020. School isn't an issue so we can go at any time.

How is early May? Are there any school groups or youth sports then? Have heard those can be a bit of annoyance. Thanks.
We attend every May and they do have some sort of gymnastics events every year in early May.
It doesn't affect EPCOT much and we had no problem picking up FP's during the day at any of the parks. Flower and Garden is beautiful at EPCOT and by Mid-May they should have both rides at GE up and running along with Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad at HS and Ratatouille running at Epcot.
I'm booking in the May 10 - 22 time period this year as the cheer competition wraps up on the 10th.
I'd say the crowd levels would be comparable to what they are in October. It's already hot by then so, keep that in mind.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter