Best TS restaurants to share at

Sunstar

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering which restaurants are the best for sharing TS credits? I'm looking for which ones have good sized portions.

Generally, the finer restaurants are beginning to serve more reasonable (smaller) portions, while the more moderately-priced restaurants tend to have larger portions.

Probably the best example of a moderately-priced restaurant with large portions is 50s Prime Time Cafe.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good meals and aps to share and where? Worried about wasting food with so much but also worried about being too hungry if we share.

I'm curious, too. Didn't know you could share on the DDP! Neat! Do they look at you funny if you do? :clown:

Hey Beth :wave: I'm a light eater and share with my 12 yr old dd everywhere, here at home and when we travel. Thankfully she's adventuorus and we can agree on what to order! We'll be on the DDP for the first time and we are absolutely sharing. I've never had a waiter, at Disney or anywhere else, act like it was a big deal. There are some (not any that I'm aware of at Disney) restaurants that will charge an extra fee to share, but I've never had that experience. They'll either bring it on one plate or in most of my experiences at Disney, they'll usually split it on two plates. I wish more restaurants would let you order half-portions, but I haven't found many that do, so we share.

Half-portions are notoriously poor options at restaurants, because the cost of the ingredients that go into the food is trivial compared to the other costs associated with eating at a restaurant. For example, if I remember correctly, half of a $15 entree "should" cost $12-$13. Some restaurants do offer that, but many do not because customers would find spending only a few dollars less while getting half as much food to be unsatisfactory -- since there isn't a price that is acceptable to both customer and supplier, many restaurants don't bother offering smaller portions. (Children's menus, however, are offered almost exclusively as a loss-leader -- a c'mon to get the adults to come into the restaurant and order the adult entrees.)

You are better off sharing your counter service meals and not the TS! We threw away almost as much as we ate last year! :confused3 Hard to eat all that food. :wave2:

OhioTony said:
You are better off sharing your counter service meals and not the TS! We threw away almost as much as we ate last year! :confused3 Hard to eat all that food. :wave2:

I disagree completely. Sharing can be done at both CS and TS. My sharing plans for the free dining trip are fine-tuned to the point that we will be able to cover the meals on the last day of our trip (after check-out) as well as most breakfasts. By sharing both TS and CS, you can really maximize the DDP.

To the poster who mentioned being nervous about not having enough food when you share, you really don't need to be concerned. At most TS restaurants you'll be able to share and still feel satisfied. If you happen to find one that left you a little hungry, keep in mind that you have a ton of snack credits you can use to supplement. You could even make a stop and use a CS if you found yourself REALLY hungry after sharing a TS meal. The TS credit is much more valuable than the CS credit, so I'd prefer to take my chances on sharing the TS meals and on the off-chance that I ever find myself hungry afterwards, just supplement with a snack or CS.

Sunstar said:
I'm wondering which restaurants are the best for sharing TS credits? I'm looking for which ones have good sized portions.

My DD12 and I shared 1 TS meal at Le Cellier, Concourse Steakhouse, and WCC last year, and did not go away hungry.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure I read on this board somewhere that Disney doesn't differentiate between TS and CS credits.

It will just show on your voucher (or whatever it is) that you have say, 16 credits left. It won't show 9TS and 7CS, or 8 and 8, or whatever, it will just say "16".

Or was that that Disney doesn't differentiate between kids and adult meals? :confused3

Can't remember. Sorry. Anyone know what I am trying to say here? :teeth:

Which one of my above confusing statements is right?

Albertan mom said:
It will just show on your voucher (or whatever it is) that you have say, 16 credits left. It won't show 9TS and 7CS, or 8 and 8, or whatever, it will just say "16".

correct

formernyer said:

No, this is wrong. Your receipt will say exactly how many TS, CS and Snack credits are left on your room's account (depending on which credit you just used).

Disney does not differentiate between adult credits and child credits, so adults can pay for their children OOP and use the child TS or CS credits for themselves. There are plenty of threads that have debated whether this is ethical or right, so I don't want to start that up again.

formernyer said:

So won't people then eat only at TS so they get better meals?
Won't they try to rip off the system??
Wont Disney lose money?

kath1210 said:
No, this is wrong. Your receipt will say exactly how many TS, CS and Snack credits are left on your room's account.

Disney does not differentiate between adult credits and child credits, so adults can pay for their children OOP and use the child TS or CS credits for themselves. There are plenty of threads that have debated whether this is ethical or right, so I don't want to start that up again.

Sorry, I totally misread the question. I thought he was asking the standard question about differentiating between adult credits and child credits.

Disney absolutely distinguishes a CS from a TS.

formernyer said:
Sorry, I totally misread the question. I thought he was asking the standard question about differentiating between adult credits and child credits.

Disney absolutely distinguishes a CS from a TS.

No problem. I hope you did not take my response as rude. I did not mean it to be, but it's hard to know how messages will be read by others. :goodvibes

Just to confirm what is already stated above, YES Disney sees the CS and TS seperately. You can't use one for the other. But they don't see a difference in childs versus adults.

OP - 50s PT, esp, has HUGE portions. We've yet to do the dining plan but we've realized quickly that sharing is the way to go at many of the places. DH and I split an entree at 50s PT and left food on the plate - without an appetizer or dessert.

I think you'll find that most 1 credit places can be split easily.

We always share at Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Some of the appetizers there are large, like the chicken quesadilla, and the portions are pretty big on the entrees... :)

ciera321 said:
We always share at Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Some of the appetizers there are large, like the chicken quesadilla, and the portions are pretty big on the entrees... :)

I think I read somewhere that Wolfgang Puck is no longer available on the DDP? :confused3 Bummer!

I think Sci-Fi portions are huge. The server was very nice about providing additonal plates for sharing.

Not sure if this is Kona in general or was our server. We had 3 TS left and planned to pay OOP for our fourth person in our party (DS then age 7). We explained to her that we would pay for his meal. She was SO eager to help us figure out a way for DS (then 10 years) to make selections he could share with his brother! She really went out of her way. Then, when we were way too full for dessert and just wanted to pass, she insisted on boxing up cheesecake for us to take back to the room. She was very nice all through the meal.

(Why did we have an odd number of TS left? My meal at Concourse was terrible, terrible...as a result manager didn't charge us for my TS credit. Very nice, but what do you do with one extra credit? DH and I had an adult night out and planned to pay for two OOP later, so it worked for us at the end, but otherwise a one credit refund would have likely not been used. Nothing more the manager could have done, though. Nice that he didn't charge the credit...just thought it was unusual and would mention it.)

Concourse had large portions, too, that would allow easy sharing. I shared DS's ribs when my meal couldn't be eaten. They were good and there was plenty, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter