Best WDW feeling

I agree...it's walking down Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time. Back in 1996, when my DH went for the first time, I got the impression he thought it was just another amusement park. As soon as we walked down MS, he was in awe. He loved it. I was soooo happy. We are going back Jan 2006 (10 years is too long). Also planning to go back next December.

:banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo :cool1:

I have two that are equal.

1st: While staying at the Contemproary, standing on the balcony early in the morning before everyhting opens and seeing to Castle and how peaceful it is.

2nd: Same scenerio, just at night when everything is shut down.

Since we are not staying at the Contempoary this time, it will have to be the feeling I get when walking through the turnstiles at each park for the first time.

One of my favorite WDW feeling is driving in from the train station (I've always taken Amtrak there, this will be my first time flying in) and seeing all the signs and finally getting to the hotel (usually an All Star). The moment I step out of that cab I feel like I'm home again. Then, the moments I walk into Magic Kingdom and see the castle and Main St. are just unforgettable to me. But my most precious memories are the times I stand in line like a little kid and go give Mickey Mouse a big hug and a kiss on his nose. I can't wait until my January trip (honeymoon) to feel that magical feeling all over again! :bride: :cool1:

BelleChick said:
Mine would have to be night time at the Magic Kingdom...the feeling I get after riding space mountain, watching spectromagic, and finishing off my evening with wishes....it just gives me chills!

One of my many favortie DIsney feelings is when you are waiting for Wishes to start. The castle is swiching colors, there's a gentle breeze, and a classic Disney song is being played through the speakers that are well hidden...It just gives you that feeling in your stomach...

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are....LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. IN JusT 5 MINUTES WISHES, A NIGHT TIME SPECTACULAR, WILL BEGIN TO FULLY EXPERIENCE WISHES THE LIGHTING WILL OF MAIN ST. WILL BE DIMED FOR YOU OWN ENJOYMENT........anything your heart desires
will come to you..."

http://www.mousesavers.com/Graphic Files/wishes fireworks.jpg

-Anticipating my trip and the countdown is a great feeling
-Driving through The Walt Disney World sign for the first time
-When I'm driving on I-4, and see all the billboards advertsing attractions at WDW
- After entering the park, going thru the train station and begining to see the castle make it's full appearance
-Hearing Jiminy Cricket introduce SpectroMagic and then hearing the music begin
-listening to the children that sing in Wishes
-Approaching the Tower of Terror and starting to hear the eery 1920's music coming from the lobby
-Seeing Mickey!

:wizard: :pug:

Mine is when I hop on the monorail for the first time and hear the familiar description of the "Highway in the sky." :goodvibes

wdwjunkie2005 said:
Mine is when I hop on the monorail for the first time and hear the familiar description of the "Highway in the sky." :goodvibes

Oh, thats a great one! I LOVE that guys voice that comes over the speaker throughout the monorail ride!

As soon as I step into the lobby of our hotel - always POR - tht's it for me!

- smelling the stale water of Splash Mt.

- Walking over the rug in front of the elevators in the BC Lobby. That rug is so soft it's like walking on a cloud.

- Seeing the enormous smile on my DH's face when he saw the ridiculously talented young Acrobats in China for the first time. :teeth:

- Walking around the WS in the early evening. The weather has cooled, there is usually a breeze and you can just close your eyes and feel at total peace.

What a great thread!! I've enjoyed reading all of the responses! Here are mine:
Walking into my hotel room for the first time and turning on the Disney info channel.
Riding Spaceship Earth with my husband enjoying the sights and smells and the coolness of the airconditioning.
Getting into our log on Splash Mtn.
Riding the monorail for the first time of our visit and listening to the voice that says "Please stand clear of the doors"
Waking up to the Mickey wake up call in the morning.
Eating breakfast in the value resort food court watching everyone's excitement as they start their day.
And those are just a few I can think of right now. I can't wait to get back!! :cool1: :banana:

kupperman said:
Walking into my hotel room for the first time and turning on the Disney info channel.

yes, thats a great one! I definitly automatically really feel like I'm in WDW as soon as I check in, turn on the TV and watch the Disney info channel. And the TV stays put on that channel for the remaider of our stay...it's a great feeling!

For us, it's when we ride the "mini-monorail" at MCO after arrival. The entire trip is ahead of us. It's a great feeling to know that for the next 8 days, it's just the five of us in WDW!

Wow, how long could I go on about this one? Of course we were engaged there by the fountains at Epcot so that is obviously special. My wife and I were talking about this recently. It's funny when we go on other vacations we have fun and relax and stuff but it's never the same as when we go to Disney.

It's not any one place (well ok, of course our engagement sight is special) or ride or show or event that they have. It's the whole ball of wax! Somehow more than any other place we forget our troubles and it's like we're in another world, with no cares or worries just like when we were kids. I think that's the secret...we're so much taken back to our childhoods and we go with it letting the magic of Disney just take over while we're there!

Does that make sense? That's the best way I can put it. :wizard:

I sometimes wonder if there is some reason why we can find these little things mean so much to us, when some people never even notice them.
maybe we have more of an imagination? maybe we think like walt?or is it that these things are tied to family memories?
I dont know but there is no where on earth that I get goosebumps like I do at WDW, for me it sometimes feels in a way spirtual.
I know that must sound silly:)
As I read everyones post I can feel like im there, and just reading the post about illuminations gave me chills:)

IwasatWDWforamonth said:
I sometimes wonder if there is some reason why we can find these little things mean so much to us, when some people never even notice them.
maybe we have more of an imagination? maybe we think like walt?or is it that these things are tied to family memories?
I dont know but there is no where on earth that I get goosebumps like I do at WDW, for me it sometimes feels in a way spirtual.
I know that must sound silly:)
As I read everyones post I can feel like im there, and just reading the post about illuminations gave me chills:)

I know that's funny how that works. My wife has a coworker who took her family to WDW and they thought it was the biggest waste of time and mistake they have ever made for a vacation!? My wife was kind of anticipating her return so they could share stories but when my wife jubilantly aske how her trip was and the response was "the worse place I've ever been to", my wife just kind of backed off and said "Oh that's too bad" and left it at that.

k5thbeatle said:
I know that's funny how that works. My wife has a coworker who took her family to WDW and they thought it was the biggest waste of time and mistake they have ever made for a vacation!? My wife was kind of anticipating her return so they could share stories but when my wife jubilantly aske how her trip was and the response was "the worse place I've ever been to", my wife just kind of backed off and said "Oh that's too bad" and left it at that.
Maybe she was trying to play "devil's advocate" with your DW by telling her it was awful. :confused3

doing the space mountain "walk" from the rope drop...walking down the long, dark, never ending catle shoot to be the first on the ride...

Like so many other posters, I too get that "feeling" when first stepping onto MS USA. It's overwhelming! It's like stepping back intime, and being in an innocent time. It's priceless to me. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter