Best WDW restaurants for HUNGRY teens (I know there's buffets) :)

geishagirl81

Mouseketeer
Hello all, getting to the point where I need to obsess over ADRs. Trips past have been all about scoring meals with my kids' fav characters. They are now teens and ascend upon food like locusts to a field. There a couple buffets we love and plan on, but since trying to get in to see in Sophia or Cinderella isn't a priority anymore, I'm trying to pick places more culinary minded but ALSO won't have my son leaving still hungry.

What is your fav non character buffet? What's the place with larger-than-most portions?

Thanks!

Biergarten! It's a buffet - there are no characters but there is a fun stage show. You didn't say if you had boys, but teen boys will LOVE it. It's all meat and sausage, hearty and heavy. It's a great place. They do seat you at communal tables if you did not know that.

Garden Grill is a place with great food. It does have characters, but the food is still excellent. It is not a buffet, but it is unlimited. They bring a skillet with some turkey, potatoes, veggies, steak, it can vary seasonally. They also bring fries and mac & cheese - just ask for more of anything if you want it or a whole new skillet.

I do find that the in-park restaurants that are not buffet don't usually have super-large portions. Maybe a pizza at Via Napoli in the Italy Pavilion? I'd hit Disney Springs though, and there I would recommend D-Luxe Burger which gives a nice, big burger and fries. Top that off with milkshakes if you want to go really heavy.

Non character buffets: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma (Jumbo House). The Wave - Contemporary Resort.

We loved the breakfast buffet at Boma, it included African inspired dishes as well as traditional food. The buffet is huge!

In the parks, at MK, there is Liberty Tree Tavern. Food is served family style and you can definitely always request more. (Lunch you can also order "aka carte" if you prefer. Dinner is just the family style dinner).

at AK there is a family dining. (Pizzafari Family Dining). It's pizza, ziti, salad, and canola (might have forgotten some items). Again, it's family style and you can order more of whatever you would like.

We really like Trail’s End. It’s a buffet and no characters. My teens love it and definitely eat their share of food there. No one in our party leaves hungry. I think the price is pretty reasonable in Disney terms.

The breakfast skillets at Whispering Canyon are AYCE. Biergarten is our favorite buffet. We always go to Liberty Tree and Garden Grill. Both are à served family style (at dinner for LTT).

Love the breakfast skillets at Whispering Canyon. Boma is excellent for any meal. DH really likes Trail’s End, but I could take it or leave it.

Tusker House is one of our favorites, but it is a character meal. If you make A reservation around 10:30-10:45, you can score both breakfast and lunch foods! 😉

Hello all, getting to the point where I need to obsess over ADRs. Trips past have been all about scoring meals with my kids' fav characters. They are now teens and ascend upon food like locusts to a field. There a couple buffets we love and plan on, but since trying to get in to see in Sophia or Cinderella isn't a priority anymore, I'm trying to pick places more culinary minded but ALSO won't have my son leaving still hungry.

What is your fav non character buffet? What's the place with larger-than-most portions?

Thanks!
I can remember the days of having a sandwich before dinner. Matter of fact, it was not that long ago that I had a basket of nachos and cold beer at ESPN Zone before a Signature dinner (my wife was not amused)......

Great Food Quality Buffet is at one place - brunch at CA Grill.

It is more food than any human should be able to consume.

It's perfect for your needs.

Fresh (inside Dolphin) has an excellent buffet breakfast - no characters, high-quality food.

Boma breakfast is excellent too.

.......Large portions at Marrakesh includes a belly dancer.......

Also, not sure a Dessert Party up-charge is in your budget, but the Plaza Viewing Dessert Party gets you a pretty good view of the fireworks....and another feeding time for the teenagers.

Lastly, and with a similar benefit, the Lion King package that includes specialty-FP+ for the show & safari...for the price of the 3-course meal at Tiffins (which includes a beverage).

Last edited:
Boma and the skillets at Whispering Canyon. We also love Biergarten. Those should fill up your teens.

We've always found Teppan Edo to have consistently good food and pretty large portions. Also thought Mama Melrose had pretty good food and it was plenty of food.

It's not a buffet but Ohana is really good and it's all you can eat so kinda like a buffet lol.

Buffets that foodies like...
Boma (anytime) - Tusker House (yes, it's characters, but the food is fantastic) - CA Grill (if you've got the time and $$) - 1900 Park Fare (not as good as the first three, but better than the rest)

Family-style all you can eat (to let them eat tons, but be able to actually talk to them)...
Liberty Tree - Garden Grill - Ohana

Other fun AYCE options...
Trail's End (delicious AND good price!) - Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh Buffet) - Biergarten (plus music) - Akershus (the cold part has a buffet) - Whispering Canyon (the platters - a good mix if some eat a lot and some just a little)

Places I've never been...
Cape May, Chef Mickey, Hollywood & Vine

QS option: Satu'li Canteen at AK. Protein bowls where you can choose carb-bomb (and delish) noodles OR you can choose rice and beans. My 15yo chose rice and beans with his chicken, and found it a filling meal.

Three hungry tween/teen boys here. They love Boma breakfast and dinner, Homecomin’ (large portions), ‘Ohana dinner, Cali Grill brunch, Ale and Compass (cold buffet plus entree), Hoop Dee Doo, Garden Grill, Yak n Yeti (also big portions), 1900 Park Fare...we have always wanted to try The Wave buffet, never have the time, but I hear it is great.

Thank you everyone! I have Boma since that's at our resort, Tusker a fav, Ohana another fav, and new will be Homecomin', Garden Grill, and Liberty Tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter